Re: [BSOD] 0x0000007B Error with MassStorage 7.12 (Si3112r, ATI SB450)

Hi
I have not made one for this..
Somebody ought to make a new Mass storage pack for that megaIDE request, but at the moment I am again working on WLAN.. I want to try finish work I started December 14, and what was stopped on December 17..
I just spent another seven hours on that pack.
(Jeff calls it grooming... The work done so far resulted in 71 removed folders.. And that should help M1 and people who hate duplicates.)

We had a test version with "mode tags" during those weeks in which I built at least 20 versions..
The mode tags could help in TXTmode.. Which is why I posted these two INI sections.
Anybody who wants can shuffle sections around in INI, or delete sections in INI.. and if he is good enough he can create new sections too... A good TXT was written by Ruudboek, and if you look for keyword "learning pains" you ought to find it.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Good. But I need to preserve my partition, will switching from non-RAID to RAID mode f*ck up my files?

Hm I'll try the INI tag thing will give me back my PC fastest...

Thank you for the DriverPacks team! I feel pure power when holding my CD with DriverPacks integrated all thaks to you! Appreciated!

edit1: try 1 still BSOD, (no tag INI mod)

Last edited by dot-bot (2008-01-30 03:14:22)

Hi
FAIK, it is like this..
If you did not have any RAID array, then you can switch without problems.
If your hard disk is not seen, then it cannot get messed up, and the worst that can happen is that you have to re-install the driver from within safe mode..

Suppose you have a RAID array, and set the BIOS to Base mode and restart, then it won't be able to use the array. You will simply not see it.
To use a member Hard disks in Base mode, you have to use the RAID utility in BIOS to reset hard disks to NON-RAID which will WARN you that all data is going to be lost.
The other way? Suppose you add a second hard disk and want to create an array, then it will warn you that all data gets lost when you tell it you want to build the array.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Very well, BUT

I have just tried the method where [S5] gets above [S4] section in INI files and still BSOD The INI used was the " for Bios 4.3.47" tagged one.

Then I decided to go directly to RAID Config BIOS with F4 at boot but there are these options: Create RAID set, Delete RAID set and others irrelevant and these two options do not let me switch modes from/to RAID/non-RAID. I can't change anything. There is an option in the MB BIOS (hit Del after POST) RAID ot SCSI Card boot that was set to RAID and I changed it to SCSI Card but again - same Blue Screen of Death.

I am going to try and replace the drivers with the older versions to see what happens.

edit1: I was disappointed to see that the file installed was again SI3112.sys instead of SI3112r.sys and jut replacing it did not help. Another problem that I have is that I do not have a floppy drive to easily test all the available drivers with the F6 option.

Also replacing the SI3112.sys file with an older one did not help either.

My controller is a SI3112A and my MB is Asus a7n8x-e deluxe.

Last edited by dot-bot (2008-01-30 12:27:41)

new testfile
DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_8016.7z

\L1 added INTEL (lsi) megaIDE
updated \M marvel (with driver from Intel)

mode tags in S4 and S5

moved [V] to original position in INI (V3 was and is still disabled for TXTmode.)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Not Found

The requested URL /driverpacks_nightlies/DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_8016.7z was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

uploading it again..
sad
you won't believe this.
I had uploaded from a folder in which I had forgotten to copy the new L1 folder... which breaks streaming.

it should be up again..

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

to add some light to what I have been trying:: these Russian motherf*ckers have figured out how to change the drivers including in the registry! I love them, I was searching for this for some time... here:: http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?for … topic=8328

edit:: ahhahah my Bulgarian buddies have solved this before the russians big_smile http://www.hardwarebg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96709

If nothing works I will try to make the Win I'm trying to setup use the driver from my miniPE XT and after all has finished try installing the SI Drivers one by one to see which one will work.....

since for now I was just replacing the sys file in Drivers folder but this may not have been sufficient due to registry settings of the other driver....

Last edited by dot-bot (2008-01-30 13:03:49)

Hi
we have a Russian helpers in the team, and I will suggest you watch your language.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Hi dudes from Russia! And dudes from Bulgaria! cheers big_smile you know that all computer guys are like family to me.

So... I don't have much time today as I have to study for yet a third exam this week but I tried what was posted on the above two links (Russian and Bulgarian forums) and both methods did not work - still same BSOD. I will get a floppy drive and try all drivers with F6 until one works and will report which one that was.

Regards.

Last edited by dot-bot (2008-01-31 23:50:18)

dot-bot wrote:

Very well, BUT

I have just tried the method where [S5] gets above [S4] section in INI files and still BSOD The INI used was the " for Bios 4.3.47" tagged one.

Then I decided to go directly to RAID Config BIOS with F4 at boot but there are these options: Create RAID set, Delete RAID set and others irrelevant and these two options do not let me switch modes from/to RAID/non-RAID. I can't change anything. There is an option in the MB BIOS (hit Del after POST) RAID ot SCSI Card boot that was set to RAID and I changed it to SCSI Card but again - same Blue Screen of Death.

I am going to try and replace the drivers with the older versions to see what happens.

edit1: I was disappointed to see that the file installed was again SI3112.sys instead of SI3112r.sys and jut replacing it did not help. Another problem that I have is that I do not have a floppy drive to easily test all the available drivers with the F6 option.

Also replacing the SI3112.sys file with an older one did not help either.

My controller is a SI3112A and my MB is Asus a7n8x-e deluxe.

scratch this, I did not integrate the DriverPacks masstorage, just replaced the 7z archive in the OEM folder which is not sufficient to replace the textmode drivers! sorry gang !

edit:: PffFFFff OMG success at last >:] by doing this: moving the SI3112 IDs below the 3112Rx47 in txtsetup.sif; replacing the DPS801.7z with the latest nightly build by renaming it and not slipstreaming it resulted again in BSOD. then I tried to boot F6 and get the driver off of the floppy - again BOSD !!! so I once again I booted my miniPE at this point to try and modify the portion of windows that was already on hard drive (all that is copied before the first reboot) and saw that the SI3112.sys driver was again in the system32\Drivers folder which was totally wrong since on the floppy was the SI3112r.sys (RAID version) but in the registry there was a wrong value of the service for the driver - 3112Rx47 and the service in Services was SI3112 so I corrected it to SI3312r and got the reg files from the Bulgarian forum again, merged them into the registry, copied all files from the driver floppy to the windows folder (wihtout txtsetup.oem) and the .sys file to the system32\Drivers and this time it worked. I guess what made it happen was either me correcting something more this time in the registry or the combination of copying files by F6 and correcting regisrtry and again copying files.... blah.

Last edited by dot-bot (2008-02-02 02:12:13)

Hi,

OverFlow discovered something which can explain your problem.
He discovered that when you use a different mass storage pack and do a second run on a source, that the cleanup gets done using the INI file from the new pack.
When the new pack has differences in the exceptions and filenames, some earlier drivers were not cleaned up?
He has a fix in the new DPsBase RC3 alpha..

I think he saw that by investigating the code, and I also think nobody ever bothered to look (I never compared a clean slipstream with a build that was done a second time with a new pack.)
Point is, I usually test slipstream on clean copy from source.
I sometimes do a second run on same source using a different method, but then I am (most often) using same packs.
I do not know how other experienced testers test, but can see how this could stay undetected for so long.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Actually BSOD appears after second restart of Setup now. How come? After first restart BSOD is solved and after second BSOD is still here?!

I'm stuck! HELP! Please.

This is a conspiracy against Silicon Image 3112 controller owners!

edit :: OK people, I edited the registry again and after 10 tries it finally worked. I can say for sure that I did a lot of comparing between what the miniPE had in it's registry for that driver and what was in the nonworking installation on the harddrive. After copying all of the configs from the miniPE to the HDD I also removed SiWinAcc.sys and it's service in the registry. Also I needed to merge the two reg files that are posted on the Bulgarian hardwarebg.com board from the thread that I gave a link in a post somewhere above. The last was crucial I believe.

I will answer any questions and try to do some tests if anyone needs it.

Regards.

Last edited by dot-bot (2008-02-02 20:36:58)

thanks for the feed back it is always nice to hear how things were finally resolved...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I had to edit the S4 section to include my hardware string id (the &CC_0101 was causing my issues):

ms_1_hwids=....,PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3512&SUBSYS_35121095,...."

This fixed my BSOD on boot to gui mode.  Now there is another issue I am seeing.... MEGAIntel.sys not found, I suspect this MAY be due to not being 8.3 naming (it is 9.3 if my count is correct)

I just edited the DPMS ini file changing the tag from MegaINTEL to MegaINTL... will let you know how that goes...

Editing the tag did correct the MegaINTEL.sys error, so it seems like it was inadvertantly left longer than 8.3

As for the other issue, it was eay enough for me, since that one id string was the only one with subsys_35121095 in the massstorate ini file, another method would have been for to have included my specific hardware id, mine has &Rev1 in it instead of the afformentioned &CC_0101.....

Gotta love the testing....

I can upload my current to nightlies if you want.

Last edited by DizzyDen (2008-02-04 05:36:24)

always remember.....
YCGIYWG (You Can't Get, If You Won't Give)
DizzyDen

DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_8024.7z is ready

fixed; windows 2000 had a case of case sensitivity for LSI_SAS.case
fixed, windows 2000 had a case of case sensitivity for FASTTX2k.sys
fixed; megaINTEL,   aargh, 9.3 That was stupid of me.
fixed; windows 2003 had a case of case sensitivity for cpqcismm.sys
fixed; no more CC_0101 in S4 (I listened)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak wrote:

DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_8024.7z is ready

fixed; windows 2000 had a case of case sensitivity for LSI_SAS.case
fixed, windows 2000 had a case of case sensitivity for FASTTX2k.sys
fixed; megaINTEL,   aargh, 9.3 That was stupid of me.
fixed; windows 2003 had a case of case sensitivity for cpqcismm.sys

Jaak tested this out this evening and received this error.

2008-02-04 00:50:01 : <CRIT> Failed to CAB compress C:\XPCDBUILD\I386\DPTI2O .sys to C:\XPCDBUILD\I386\DPTI2O .sy_.

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5NQ1BpqvDa_0vDwtHeoZCcSJjOVNuvMXSp4i7SE7DQA/perpetual:forever/userbar/moderator-1.png

I believe you, but cannot reproduce this.
1, Which base version?
2, Which method and settings? (QSC on or off can make a difference.)
3, was this a RE-Rerun on a source you had used an older pack on?

after you reported this, I tried a stream on XP with this new testpack, using base 7052 and 80xRC2, in M1 with QSC on and off, M2 with QSC on and off (four slipstream tests on a used source, and four on a clean source.)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

You forgot to remove the 2 .oem files. big_smile

I removed them for the RC.. I was focusing on the issues with filename case conversion which behaves different depending on what OS is slipstreamed, and only shows up during windows setup.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak wrote:

What about CC_0104 in S5?

I doubt that's a valid PNP ID: PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3112&SUBSYS_*&CC_0104

Hi,
in this case, it is not used for PnP.
It is used for TXTmode only.
There are a few drivers which do use those tags in PnP driver.

At the moment, I am at a loss.
I need to find out if we can just have the RAID version in TXTmode, and not use an INI section for NON-raid while we leave the IDE-Base mode in the pack for PnP purposes.
The subsys in silicon drivers seldom had duplicated subsys in the raid/non-raid drivers, and having to switch around sections in the INI is not fun.
(One could also wonder if that duplicate I seem to remember was on purpose?)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

ooohh the old not accidental duplicate trick ... tee hee.

i think i would like to try the raid only for text mode route (i have a si3112r controller here)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Hi OverFlow,
if you find the time, you could try that.

@ all readers.
Maybe you want to test TXTMODE detection only.
For a TXTmode only detection TEST, you can omit winnt.sif before slipstream, or use a NON-FULL unnatended that will NOT fully automatically repartition/format so that you can escape out of setup once you saw that it would allow you to format.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.