Topic: [SOLVED] Modified INF file. Not working

File modified: nv4_disp.inf
I tried two ways to no avai.

1. DP_Graphics_A_wnt5_x86-32_701.7z <-- made a copy and placed it under 3rd party packs. Added my modified INF file (based on NGO optimized driver) and repacked using 7zip ultra compression. ive ensured file and dir structure is 100% correct
2. I directly modified the inf file and used the same filename under the same dir. only inf file changed and i repacked. just like above. same filename, same dir. same all.

Drivers don't install. Machine boots up on microsoft drivers.

I'd like to keep ATI drivers there and use NGO optimized drivers (it has nice preconfigured settings) instead of what is included in DP_Graphics_A_wnt5_x86-32_701.7z........ so that i can use this also on machines with ATI graphics.

I got no idea what I'm doing wrong. Anything I should know? Should I paste the inf file here?

Last edited by biatche (2007-02-06 08:15:52)

Re: [SOLVED] Modified INF file. Not working

why placed it under 3rd party packs ?

I don't know, mind telling me how it should be done then? I just wanna use modified nvidia drivers (I only modified the main inf file just for the registry settings).. How can I successfully accomplish that?

Just replace the pack with yours ofcourse.
Next time search better  wink

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=279

Last edited by muiz3 (2007-02-06 19:26:53)

This is because you have broken the WHQL driver signing.

Windows ALWAYS prefers WHQL drivers, even if they are 10 years older than a non-WHQL driver!

The only way you could force Windows to use your driver in an automated way, is to remove the original Windows nVidia graphics driver from your Windows installation files. The easiest way to do is, is by using nLite.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com