Re: [SLVD] ATI Control Panel ATICCC.ins not installing

Thanks.  I appreciate all the testing you're doing for us.  It'd be much easier if I was encountering the failure as well.  My problem was caused by not including the VC++ runtimes (and a host of other problems).
Now CCC is installing perfectly fine on my systems.
What addons are you trying if you don't mind me asking?

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

I don't mind sharing.  The list is long.  I set it up to do a similar minimal test like I did before, so I should have a simpler answer.
I'm out on travel now though, so I won't see the result until I return Thursday.  I'll update then.

Also, I did notice I had two addon's fail, so perhaps I made a change I don't recall, so maybe the simple test will work.

Last edited by proximous (2009-11-18 12:53:38)

Success!  Sorry for the false alarm.  You comment about VC++ made me check that, and I think that was the problem.  I guess the old CCC version isn't dependent on that which is why it worked with my big install.  I did a minimal install with 911rc and it worked!!!!!!

Great job solving this!!! Sorry it took me so long to validate!!

(I still had to say no reboot, but that's because I didn't fix that like you suggested.  I assume you've fixed that for the final version?)

Whew. Thanks for confirming that.
Yes, I have it fixed in the final version.

OK, I've got DriverPack Graphics A all worked out!  Nvidia works perfect on my card.
And the best bit...I fixed the ATI CCC not running (sort of).  ATI CCC requires a careful mix of .NET 2.0 and vcredist 2005sp1 and 2008sp1.
I've added the vcredist installers to DriverPack Graphics A and added the triggers to the DriverPacks Finisher .ini.
The only problem I've had in my testing is that ATI CCC won't start the first or second time you launch it, but after the second or third time (weird yes).  But at least it works.

So now I need input from everyone.
Should I leave the vcredist installers in DriverPack Graphics A and leave the .NET dependency for the end user, or create Third Party DriverPacks for .NET and vcredist for those who need it?

The vcredist installers alone add ~10MB to the DriverPack Graphics A.

I can't speak for others, but 10MB is noise to me on my DVD.  Once my install moved from CD to DVD (long ago), an extra 10MB here and there stopped mattering.

I always install vcredist, so I guess I have minor concerns that if it is included, it will cause a conflict with the pack I use.  (Conflicts seem to creep in to my installs easily, as is evident in my experience in this thread.)

BTW, CCC starts the first time for me now, so I'm not experiencing the problem you have.  However, my finisher doesn't seem to do anything else after it installs CCC, which then leaves all the junk in my C drive (and doesn't seem to do the KTD I have for my cell phone drivers).  I'm currently trying to debug that to see if it is some other conflict.  When I look in the finisher log, it says it has 2 tasks, then does the CCC install, and that is the last line in the finisher log.  hmm

OOppps! Thanks for reporting proximous.

Why haven't you been added to the testing team? tongue

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Unfortunately, I seem to be able to repeat the DPfinisher not finishing with a minimal install.  I noticed there's a new RC, so I'll download that and try a minimal install with that.

Just tried again with a minimal install using 911rc9.  sad DPfinisher still doesn't finish.  I've placed my DPfinisher and DPbase log files in a zip at: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xyqzmzeytyd/DPlogs.7z

Any help/guidance appreciated.  If you look at the finisher log, it says it has 2 things to do, but only does one.

I'm guessing we don't have the right switches for the CCC install.  I wasn't paying close attention to the install, but it looked like it installed CCC, and then rebooted, which is probably why the finisher didn't finish.

Since 911rc2 prompted for a reboot, I said no, and everything worked.  911rc2 modified per mr_smartepants' instructions and 911rc9 (which I assume to be identical here) don't prompt for reboot, but I think actually do reboot.

I'm happy to test some different switches so we can get this pack final.  Looks like we just need to get the right switches to resolve this.  Let me know.

You're right!
I just did a test in VM and forced the CCC install with the switches used and had an error popup just before it restarted the system.
It did only partially install, then failed.  Maybe switching to the DriverPack Graphics A (newer) CCC will work.
I have a laptop that uses this folder.
Investigating...

BTW, CCC installs fine for me and works, so the only problem I have is this unexpected reboot.

The correct switches so far are:
%path%\CC\setup.exe /S /v/qb /REBOOT=ReallySuppress
This works fine, but you're left with an annoying modal dialog asking you to reboot (yes/no) and everything hangs until you make a selection.
Microsoft documentation suggests using /qb- to dismiss the dialog, but since ATI doesn't follow the rules, that doesn't work with this MSI and only forces the restart. sad
Even using /noprompt or /norestart doesn't work.  I'm still looking, but I'm at work and can't do a whole lot from here.
My next step is doing an administrative install point like Bâshrat the Sneaky describes in the hidden forums.

*Edit,
Solved it!  The admin install point was it.  I'm building a new DriverPack Graphics C RC for you to test.  But it'll be fine.  I've already tested it on my system. wink

*Edit 2
I'm rewriting all three graphics DriverPacks .ini files to encompass the runtimes.  The runtime Third Party DriverPack will have it's .ini removed.  This is so we can enforce the runtimes to execute before any CCC installers.
If our runtimes are not present, the CCC installer will still execute like before.  This is to accommodate users who integrate their own runtimes.

Great news!  I'm ready to test as soon as you have something.

Uploading new DriverPack Graphics C 9.11rc10 to fix ATICCC install bug in [A5] reported by proximous.
There's also a typo in DriverPack Graphics B .ini that I've fixed locally but not uploaded.
I'll get to upload the others after work today.

New link in News page.

Tested DriverPack Graphics C 9.11rc10.  Works great!!!  No problems.