Topic: Can't Find HD Audio Driver

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a deal on a Compaq Pesario CQ60-215DX laptop that I've dg-ed to XP-SP3.  I have all the other devices working except for sound.  Device Manager says I'm missing an Audio Device On HD Audio Bus.  I've tried about 8 different drivers, but I get a MEDIA NOT FOUND error when I try to install.

Hardware IDs are:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV5051&SUBSYS_103C360A&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV5051&SUBSYS_103C360A

I've already spent $60 on f---ed up driver detectors (Driver Detective, Driver Robot) that don't do what they claim.  I need some real help here as this laptop is for my kid going off to college in a couple of weeks.

Re: Can't Find HD Audio Driver

YOU HAVE BROKEN ALMOST EVERY RULE LISTED IN OUR RULES AND GUIDLINES in your first post no less...
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?pid=31245

Well done... Multiple Demerits have been awarded! and a new all time demerit record has been set... LOL smile wink tongue

Have you even used the DriverPacks?

If you have then Please provide the info in 'Read BEFORE you post', Link in my signature...
(DriverPacks BASE version - packs used - Method - logs - ECT...)

If you have already read 'the guidlines' then you know that we don't find drivers for people.

All known windows drivers are belived to already be in included in the packs...
Did you try to use them?
If you did not use DriverPacks then we can't, and won't even try, to help you.
After all, this is the DriverPacks support forum...

From our guide:

Posting Guidelines

Although quite easy to use, the DriverPacks and the accompanying software form a toolset that is designed for use by advanced level users. 
If you have not used the search feature of this forum, or Google.
If you do not include basic details
If you have not read the FAQ's or documentation BartPE Tutorial   DP_Base Tutorial
If you did not include your HWID's or DPs_BASE.log in your post
If you create a post that says "I am looking for a driver for"
   (Especially if you have not used the DriverPacks at all.)

Then your welcome here may not be as warm and fuzzy as you might like. 
    The above mistakes are considered Noob like behaviors...
    We are not and have never been a noob friendly site.

So Either
add DriverPacks to your source using DriverPacks BASE (tutorial in my sig) or
use our SAD feature (Please find and use the "Search" feature of our site.)

Please let us know if you have a problem with the DriverPacks, then we will be glad / eager to help.

I would be willing to bet that if you were to actually use the DriverPacks that all your driver problems will be solved. Just as they are solved for the millions of users that have already used the DriverPacks in the past. a match for the HWID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV5051 does exist in the packs.

Did it work for you... we don't know do we... If it works great!

If not then not only will we fix it for you but also for everyone else with your hardware. big_smile
That is the spirit of DriverPacks...  help us to help you ,   and everyone else in your situation.

I am sorry you were taken in by pretty websites that steal your money and fail to deliver.
We are the total opposite of them. The DriverPacks always work and we don't charge big_smile...
Try it and see for yourself...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

In his defense, at least he posted the HWID.  But it isn't supported in either sound DriverPacks.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

there is a super generic match on D\S\CxA2...

I wonder if he got the CD's that came with it...

I extracted and took a look at the 32bit Vista Driver here... 
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/soft … &lang=

the WAHerza.inf is Signature="$Windows NT$"

and the HWID entries are in the generic  section so they should work for any win NT OS (like XP)

[Manufacturer]
Conexant=Conexant

[Conexant]
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Hermosa5051.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModel,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_103C360A
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Hermosa5051.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModel,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_103C360B

this driver should install if it's extracted and then have disk is pointed to the \V32\WAHerza.inf...

But if he fails to use test and report then our time will simply be wasted... sad
- Hey i hope i am wrong!
    but when was the last time that happened wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

We can only wait...

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

I apologize for my error(s).  I'm no noob, but in my frustration I didn't read the rules.  I have seen the error of my ways.

A further question then about how the drivepacks are arranged.  What are Sound A and Sound B DrivePacks?

The laptop uses the new Hermosa audio chipset.  I bought the lt from Newegg.  It did not come with recovery disks but I have ordered them from HP.  I've tried about every driver for this PC on the HP site, but they're all listed for Vista, not XP.

I'll report back and let you know if the generic driver works.

Last edited by dedhed52 (2009-08-04 03:57:19)

The first driver I tried was the Vista driver you mentioned.  The driver installed OK, but the sound still did not work.  That's why I've been looking for other drivers.

I will try doing the extract and Have Disk method and let you know if that works.

Dedhed52

Maybe including this in an update may help other people.

dedhed52
It's not difficult to find this stuff, it takes 5 minutes or less and a little logic in your searching pattern to find. Find the Vista driver and the items name and work backwards.

Give people food and they will always come back, teach them how to farm and they will not bother you again !!!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/gene … R1002_USEN

Conexant high definition smart audio 221

OK, I got it working now.

I had read the MS article about UAA drivers, but the one I tried before was for XP-SP1 and earlier - pre-05/2004.  The spfpac SP32646 is for XP-SP2 (post-05/04 versions).  The first ones would not install, but SP32646 did install.

SP33543 also would not install - I got a MEDIA device not found error.  But then I did a manual driver install, telling Windows what I wanted to install and using Have Disk.  I browsed to the C:\SWSETUP folder and located the .INF file.  Piece of cake!

Thanks!   I'll be sending you a donation for your trouble.

The UAA is part of XP SP3, no need to install any patch.

The driver is included in the pack, it will be posted soon.

Last edited by Major (2009-08-06 03:00:01)