Re: [SLVD] DriverPack MassStorage 9.01 - ESX VMWare - LSI Adapter, Ultra320 SCSI 2000 series

I'm building a pack CD soon myself to test for you guys but I'll be using ESXi (should use the same reference drivers for both BUSlogic and LSIlogic).

Last edited by stamandster (2009-05-13 00:42:22)

Re: [SLVD] DriverPack MassStorage 9.01 - ESX VMWare - LSI Adapter, Ultra320 SCSI 2000 series

I put a quick test pack together to see if i could fix it...

905r2

md5 = 2FDF2527B7ECEB858916E1E775F1289F

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I believe that did the trick - Buslogic worked, and switching the controller to LSI is (so far) successful (its past where it would normally hang).

Thanks for reporting!

You have helped us to help you!
Look for your bug / fix to be in our next release!

We like that big_smile

Jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I was experimenting with the different controllers in VirtualBox today, and guess what I found out. The drivers in the packs didn't work. Decided to come here and found this thread.

VirtualBox offers the same choices for SCSI as VMware does, LsiLogic and BusLogic. Choosing LsiLogic caused setup not to detect any drives and BusLogic caused setup to give me a 0x19 BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD.

Obviously there's no need for SCSI in home enviroments, I was just messing around.

I'm using Windows XP SP3 with all the packs integrated. It has also been trimmed with nLite. All the packs aren't newest versions, I think they were integrated in November last year.

I'm going to try those nightlies you posted and report back. smile

edit: 404, can you please reupload?

Last edited by ntoskrnl (2009-07-27 23:41:32)

I sent you an email with the latest pack.

Thanks!

Downloaded them and integrated them into an otherwise untouched Windows XP SP3 image.

Tried first without the drivers, the results were obvious, neither types of controllers were detected.

Then tried with the pack integrated. The LsiLogic controller was not detected at all and the BusLogic one cause the same 0x19 BSOD. Basically the results were the same as with the earlier driverpack (v8.05).

What I've also noticed is that the VirtualBox SATA controller is not detected either, with any packs.

If you need any more details, just ask.