Re: [IMPL] Intel Matrix Storage v8.6.0.1007 10/12/2008

Could I kindly ask for a pm with the link as well?

Can I have the link as well?  I too have an optiplex 760 that is blue screening on the [HardwareIds.scsi.iaAHCI_ICH10DDO] id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A02&CC_0106". If I load the driver manually at F6 it will boot up.  Thanks!!

Last edited by pcwookie (2008-12-31 04:46:49)

the board does not support PM

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

When will you release new masstorage pack? This is the most important pack. I really need an updated pack. Can you e-mail me link of new pack? It should be updated & better. Masstorage pack is finished? I dont need chancelog file. At homepage you(dp_team) write like that, if i understood correctly. My mother language is not English.
Can you post me new pack?
baris.seven at gmail.com
Please.
I sent an (to DP teaml)e-mail before to get mass pack but no one answered.

We don't email DriverPacks to anybody. 
When dpms is ready, it will get posted as final...not one minute sooner.
At least you asked "Please". wink

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

mr_smartepants wrote:

At least you asked "Please". wink

Yeah, otherwise that may have triggered another of those dreaded "Gimmegimmegimme" speaches by Jeff!

Really can't blame him, though! wink

Heheh, you're right. I was hopeless smile But, aarrghh when will it come?! A guess?
Now, i have DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_811r1.7z and it looks good. Now, Useful for new intel sata.
I hope new pack is upcoming & I hope it's going smoothly.

wink - yeah i have been known to give the 'dreaded speech' from time to time... wink big_smile

not usually when the word 'Please' is included somewhere in the post...
the word 'Kindly' used by the OP also implied please in my mind wink

Soon... very soon!
"we will release no driver before it's time" big_smile

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Sure, that sounds alright, but why the double standards?
I don't think any one of us sounded like some rude beggar...
Should we have regged under a female nickname as well?

gvgb wrote:

Sure, that sounds alright, but why the double standards?
I don't think any one of us sounded like some rude beggar...
Should we have regged under a female nickname as well?

the thing is, They have not been released because they have  known  problems
the existing pack is ROCK solid. and so it will be with the next pack when it is released.
we dont release DriverPacks with known problems...
(if the driver providers had that attitude, we could release packs daily)

that is not a double standard, here that is the only standard.

When the testing team stops reporting problems, then then they will be released. not before.

we are getting really close to that "are we there yet" parental speech you were kidding about helmi.

Perhaps I was misunderstood.
That is the double standard I was talking about -> http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 097#p27097

when was the last time you saw jakeld... ?  perhaps you didnt notice he was away for the holidays.

we do have lives besides the Free and Unpaid volunteer work we do here for no pay whatsoever...

if Jake decides to have someone test a specific driver that is up to him he is working on it...
and he is not here... and he has no obligation to be here...
And I am not going to ask him when he will have time to work on it. that is just rude.
he does it when he feels like it. i code base when i feel like it amd mr_s does the graphics when he feels like it

When we feel like it is when ... Got it?

i suggest you learn the meaning of the words patient, polite and respectful... or you will have a short stay

i don't think I am being misunderstood am I ?

you are not a donor nor are you a contributer. you don't ask nicely and you dont say please.
you want it for free and you want it now... my kids behave better than you do...

grow up

Hold your horses there dear OverFlow because you are dropping some unjustified insults here.

It seems like you are playing back some canned response against a generic "rude beggar" profile.

I never implied that the team is obliged to fulfil user requests nor did I show disrespect for your work and time.

I made a polite call for the test pack after seeing it was being sent over to someone recently. It didn't include the word please per se but it was polite, unless this is about semantics...

I made no demands whatsoever for a due date, nor did I push for someone to post it right here right now. How does that make me impatient?

My response for double standards tied with a comic remark was going for mr_smartepants's "We don't email DriverPacks to anybody"  reply. Apparently it wasn't an unmerited observation since later on you morphed this motto into "To each his own" .

The fact that you are a father does not give you the right to use that tone and blindly jump on fellows. I would advise you to keep the patronising to your children and try being a little more open-minded next time.

At this point I'd like to ask from you to show some character and do the right thing as I'm sure that's what your conscience also tells you.

Last edited by gvgb (2009-01-07 06:10:24)

OK, so maybe a statement was taken out of context, or maybe something was lost in the translation.
Whatever.
DriverPacks are not emailed to anybody.  We may email someone a link to a test dp for someone with specific hardware to test on.  Our DriverPacks do not get finalized without extensive testing!
Contrary to popular belief, we do not have an underground bunker with limitless supplies of PC hardware to conduct testing on. wink
We need everyone to help test new DriverPacks on all available hardware...even you.

Having said that, unwarranted personal attacks to/from members of staff are frowned upon.  Think of these forums as like a customer service counter.  We are here to help, but don't poke us in the eye either.
I firmly believe that "the customer is NOT always right, but should always have the right to be heard."

gvgb wrote:

At this point I'd like to ask from you to show some character and do the right thing as I'm sure that's what your conscience also tells you.

So what exactly are you asking for?

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

What I meant is I believe I am entitled to an apology for the unfair attack.

I understand you may be getting a fair amount of rude behaviour often in this board but I wasn't one of those cases. And I certainly didn't deserve to hear that.

Last edited by gvgb (2009-01-07 08:14:15)

I gave you every opportunity to wait for jake to offer you the newest pack...

I gave you a fair and reasonable answer... yet you pushed even more.

the pack you wanted DOES NOT WORK so why would you want it anyway - it won't help.
Not everything works and we only need one person with the hardware to know if it is not working.

If we know its not going to help we are not going to send it... to anyone, period

you gave it to him but not to me... is a child like attitude.

you were warned that pushing in this area would draw a foul...

you were being a smart ass...

I stand by what I wrote... perhaps you should re-read this from the top...

JakeLD - Send you an email.

Thanks a bunch, but it didn't work.  Looks like the driver in that pack (v7.8.0.1012 - 09/29/2007) is still older than this one (v8.6.0.1007 10/12/2008).

Last edited by EvilBetty (2009-01-08 06:30:18)

The latest test pack contains both since they support different HWIDs. Please open your eyes and look at the changelog, INI section and the actual INF file in every intel Folders (the ones starting I#). You will see that 8.6 has been part of our test pack the very same day it got released on the net.