PHI - Philips
PRO - Proview
SAM - Samsung
SON - Sony
VSO - ViewSonic,OptiQuest

-------------
by SamLab

http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.co … _908130.7z

PS: Supported ALL models of monitors from official web-sites!

Last edited by SamLab (2008-12-14 18:22:55)

Worked on Windows 8.1 Pro

Re: [REL] DP_Monitors_wnt5_x86-32_908130

There's already a Monitor pack that also covers LC displays.
Did you check with that one so you only included drivers that were missing from it?

Otherwise, I suppose there will be lots of driver overlapping.

Helmi - yes, but my pack supported all monitors LCD! old pack maximum 30%

Worked on Windows 8.1 Pro

Ok, that means we should prune the old pack of any LCD drivers (but only if they are really duplicated, otherwise, migrate them to the new LCD pack) and rename it to CRT or something to indicate it catches all but LCD drivers.

I don't see any reason to have an driver included more than once, especially, when users can easily customize the dp3ps to fit their needs.

Holy cow this must have taken you forever to put together!  Excellent job too.  I looked in the Dell directory and sure enough everything is in there.  Very impressive and very much appreciated.  I had begun a similar pack myself, though all I downloaded were the Dell drivers and I gave up.

Wow... Nice job!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Now DriverPack Monitor 8.10.21, not only LCD http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 359#p25359
http://rapidshare.com/files/156003630/D … 21.7z.html

Firstly, a few more infos would be nice.
Did you prune any duplicated driver files?
Did you include any further possible updates for CRTs?

Secondly, please for God's sake do use the official hosting provided to you by DP.net!
There is absolutely no need whatsoever to use OCHs when our own server is up and running!
The time I have to wait on RS.com for even starting the DL I could already have well finished it were it hosted on our server (speed is higher than on RS.com, too).

Thirdly, you totally messed up the folder structure which will mean not only will the Finisher fail to delete the remaining files, also will %systemdrive% be cluttered with 26 files and folders...

Please read the tut on how to properly create a 3rd party DriverPack again and try to follow it.
Your effords in honour, but you aren't doing anyone favour if you do not stick to our guidelines.

EDIT:
Oh, and fourthly, WTF is a 12MB .BMP file doing in there???
DP_Monitor_wnt5_x86-32_81021.7z\IIY\
Just spotted by coincedence...

2Helmi

Im combined old monitor pack and LCD from Sam (LG, Samsung, Sony ...), some vendors update (NEC, MAG, Viewsonic...), some correct and update (Eizo, Iiyama), added Mitsubishi, IBM/Lenovo, Medion..
About tools and .bmp in pack: Im make it for self, im use KTD, then anybody can repack w/o it and upload to official hosting (include correct path and names), i posted warning about it, when post link to DP: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 359#p25359
Actualy it is not final DP, just driver archive for it.

"Did you prune any duplicated driver files?"
what u mean? if I saw uncorrected inf/cat/icm, I correct it

"Did you include any further possible updates for CRTs?"
NEC, Medion, IBM, Nokia, Iiyama, Viewsonic, MAG, Eizo, Mitsubishi are fully updaded (I hope so).
About Samsung, LG, HP, Sony i dont know (combined), ask SamLab about it.

hmmmm Im realy dont know, why size packed \IIY\TEST.bmp shown by rar o 7z is 12M... upacked size is 787Â 510 bytes

Last edited by Us2002 (2008-10-22 04:05:57)

Alright, if this is just a driver archive, then please don't call it DriverPack because that implies it was created according to our standards and can be used as one.
That would save less experienced users a lot of trouble and us unnecessary support issues (re: Finisher).

As for pruning, I was assuming that if two packs that both deal with display drivers are combined, there may be some files overlapping in different dirs.
In order to save space, all duplicate files (i.e. drivers for same HWIDs but different versions as well as byte-identical files (checksum)) need to be found (there's tools helping you) and deleted so only one version remains.

As for the CRTs, samlab ONLY updated LCDs, you combined both the old monitor pack (which contained both CRTs and LCDs) with his new and comprehensive LCD pack.
Therefore, if you did not update CRT drivers, then they were not updated at all.

If you also did not prune duplicate files, then best you did was extracting both packs, merging folders and repacking.

Sorry for the harsh words, but that hardly justifies a version update and does not gain anything really.
I am always very happy to see users contribute but there are certain standards that need to be met.
If you fail to do so, all you achieves was making yourself a lot of work with no usable outcome.
I'm not trying to discourage you, just making you aware of possible futile work. That would really help no one.

As for the .BMP, you are correct, I only spotted it in 7zip.
Maybe it's a glitch, what version are you using and what compression settings?

Ok, next will be whith correct dir path.
As about duplicated files, I found just one smile, if it possible, can u give link for tools, that can compare HWID in .inf`s?
As about updates:
"NEC, Medion, IBM, Nokia, Iiyama, Viewsonic, MAG, Eizo, Mitsubishi are FULLY updaded (I hope so).", not only CRT or LCD, last drivers for ALL monitors from vendors. About other vendors, cannot say "fully and last", can say "may be not all, may be not last, as is".

q: fore exampe, if i include in DP two drivers, that use one "HWID" (Lenovo CRT monitor for NA and for EU), it will correct, or in DP can be supported one device, not all?

ps: 7z 4.42 Ultra/ZMA/64/273/solid

Last edited by Us2002 (2008-10-22 05:01:43)

Ok, I see now.

As for NA and EU versions of the driver, are there any differences?
This is the first time I have heared of regional drivers (well, apart from scanner drivers due to some obscure taxing by the EU) apart from translations of GUI and manual.

As for tools, there are some posts on the forum about it.
Can't remember all links right now, but you should focus on the Software forum and maybe give these two a try:
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=3148
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=3018

NA driver for NA monitor, EU - for EU, devices are not the same, drivers not compartible, other questions - to IBM smile
tnx for links

Unless your name is Nvidia, if you have different HW, you'd asign them a different HWID, that's the whole point of it.
If the drivers are NOT compatible, yet HWIDs overlap, you will run into problems with the DriverPacks if you include both drivers (we do have such problems with NV, btw).
If you have the wrong HW and the wrong driver gets chosen (which will happen if HWIDs overlap; you cannot change the order in which drivers are being processed once the ISO is created), you may BSOD (for Kernel drivers at least).
Only way to get around this is to create an ISO that has the HWID for the device that you do not have removed.
Then, of course, it will no longer be universal.

yep, i know about stupid mistake NV, but Im asking for monitor support... will it correct, if in other subfolders will other drivers with same ID?
If in 2 inf`s (old driver and new driver)  same ID are present (audio device for example), I must to correct one of that infs (than I loose MS DS), or possible put older one in subfolder, than installer will check newer one first?
(sorry for offtop)

Last edited by Us2002 (2008-10-22 06:55:29)

Nah, it's not off topic as it would affect the Monitor pack.

If there are two versions of the same driver (old and new) with naturally the same HWIDs, Windows will automatically pick the newer one - no problem there.
However, if there are two drivers that differ from each other not only in version/date, then it will still pick the newer one, however, this could be the wrong one.

It does not help placing the files in a different dir, as setup will search them all.

Sometimes, it may help to specify some super-generic IDs (only vendor and no device given for instance).
Yes, you will lose Driver Signing (assuming, that's what DS means, WHQL is the better term, IMO), but that is a small price to pay, IMO, if it means that this is the only way to actually make the driver install correctly AT ALL!
WHQL means nothing anyway, we've seen beta drivers get it, we've seen drivers that constanly BSOD get it.
Only problem is that WHQL'ed drivers will be prefered to non-WHQL'ed, even if older (IIRC).
That means you will have to disable the Signed Driver Policy as well as the Unsigned Driver Policy - again, not much of a sacrifice, IMO.
I've been doing so for years and have yet to experience one single disadvantage.

"It does not help placing the files in a different dir, as setup will search them all."
I know (DS, ver, date, nDS, ver, date) but if 2 drivers are for same ID and are same version and date, which will be installed?  May be first founded?

Hello guys smile

Samlab, here it's a link for the latest DRIVERs and ICMs of the ALL Lenovo ThinkPad Notebook's LCD's:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site. … MIGR-62923

Thank you!

Last edited by Grunger86 (2008-10-22 08:31:56)

Grunger86
included in 8.10.22
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 359#p25359

I'm just going to throw this out there, for whatever it's worth..

Where I live you are not even able to purchase a CRT monitor anymore.  Literally.  They are history.  The government, education, and health care sectors even have to pay a huge surcharge per unit if for some reason they did want one and then were able to find someone willing to sell them.  It seems a bit like supporting 5.25" floppies.

Is there really a need to mess around with this excellent DP by adding this sort of stuff to it?

I agree CRT drivers are irrelevant.

it's an excellent point

let's think in terms of a Legacy "CRT pack"   and  a "Monitor pack" (LCD or better)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

CRT is working today at many places. I thinking about making two packs, but in SamLab DP was present CRT drivers too from some vendors. Than I add other to one pack.

If it matters, I 'vote' for separate LCD and CRT monitor packs.

Us2002, thank you very much smile