Topic: Removal of languages

Why not to remove all languages except english?
i.e., after removing multilingual help and files from DP_Graphics_A it's size has decreased from 88 Mb to 62 Mb.

p.s. Sorry for bad english smile

Re: Removal of languages

Because, maybe non-English speakers would like to have their own language's files included?

Although, granted, that could be served through a langauge addon pack.

No, no, please don't remove other languages because most of my windows install are in other languages than english.

If other languages are available with an other supplementary pack that could be ok but if you listen to other users maybe i am not the only one wishing to keep all the languages like they are.

Keep on the good work all of you.

Big thanks to all the Driverpacks team.

It is my intention to keep all the DriverPacks that I build as international as possible.  I will not remove any additional languages just to save space.  Besides, that's more work for me! big_smile

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

I agree but the addon idea is nice as long as it dos not require too much work. We already have enough.

Hi LeV,

it would be eXtra work to remove languages. (Looking at a driver's install routine is work. I see some in which it is a hopeless task, as each language has its own INI and each INI is actually referenced in main INF, or the INF is poking a INI which is calling other INI.)
DriverPacks experts and team members are not infallible, but we usually know what can break a driver.

I also think we have to get size out of the picture.
There was never a rule of making it as small (DISC burn limit) as possible.
USERS reQuested it be as small as possible, but more oft than not, that was not the smartest solution.

MY ideal is:
A small enough memory footprint with the Least conflict. (mass)
Everything, with no conflict. (all other, and mass)
Stable drivers before the latest.

this is not my idea, but ours. Jeff, Erik, Hans and all other team members agree to stable.
Conflicts are hard to find. (How on earth could machine coders use same routines for widely different hardware, and get WHQL certified when they submitted the driver..)
Instability in a driver (by its own) is a nightmare to us.
I have seen a site boasting they can give you the perfect driver.
I cannot say we have the perfect set, and we do not boast we have that set.
We help you by filtering. A good many conflicts were eliminated in the last two years.
You (members/team/testers) help us by telling us what works, and what doesn't.

I've been busy outside DriverPacks. While I was not focusing, I could see a wider perspective.
I think I still fit in that picture, and regret I have a real life project stealing a lot of time.
(house remodelling)

Last edited by Jaak (2008-08-11 19:10:59)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

the real strength in DriverPacks is that a user can select and modify a DP.

There is No perfect set of drivers.
There is no perfect set of DriverPacks.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak wrote:

this is not my idea, but ours. Jeff, Erik, Hans and all other team members agree to stable.

In case you were referring to me, my name's not Hans, despite being German tongue

Martin will do fine, but basically everyone calls me Helmi IRL, anyway smile

If you did not refer to me (though that leaves me clueless as to who this Hans guy is...), I sincerely beg your pardon!

Helmi wrote:

though that leaves me clueless as to who this Hans guy is...

Umm, my dad's name is Hans, but he has no clue what I do here, so it's irrelevant.  Move along people, nothing to see here! smile

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

But maybe he still agrees on stable beating latest, who knows (if not you!)? tongue

And im no Hans either smile

i have two hans... a left and a right! tongue

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

As long as it's not two left ones...

wink

(Funny how bidexterity literally means two right hands...)