Re: Drivers Pack Unpacker & Installer by Warm Snow

New feature added

Search the HWID by Google. See screenshot

http://keep4u.ru/imgs/s/080428/04/041379ef960f9ce999.jpg

Changes history

ver. 2.0.6.3 Beta2
#28-04-2008#
=====================================================================
+ search HWID info by Google(select HWID from dropdown list & press the link) 
+ default DP directory is AppDir\Dp
+ no restart needed for changing DP-folder
+ Some GUI changes (wait form controls grouped by operations)
+ new section [Automation] added to dp_wsed.ini file
+ you can enable auto installing DP by switching AutoDPInstall parameter value to YES in dp_wsed.ini file
* fixed DP installing error after search by HWID's operation
* fixed Hardware presentation in HWID`s page
* some minor & small fixes

Added new feature - search-unpack  & install drivers by HWID-s.
1.Select DP for search in.
2.Go to HWID - page .
3.Press Search by HWIDs
4.Select HWID to install & press Install By HWIDs.

recommended update
Full Pack (use for first installation)
rapida -full pack ver.2.0.6.3 beta2 - 784.21 KB
deposit - full pack ver.2.0.6.3 beta2 - 784.21 KB

New Beta Test ONLY !!!

command line parametrs support

ver. 2.0.8.4 Beta3
#30-04-2008#
+ command line parametrs support
  /untd - this parametr will start Unattended instalation of DP
  /unth - this parametr will start Unattended instalation of DP by HWIDs
  /inir - this parametr will recreate dp_wsed.ini file
+ Some GUI changes

Only changed files

Rapidshare -311 ??

Last edited by WsnoW (2008-05-08 20:14:44)

WsnoW, your application seems great but plz for god sake don't use rapidshare. Try mediafire.com instead. It's free and there is no ads.

JakeLD wrote:

WsnoW, your application seems great but plz for god sake don't use rapidshare. Try mediafire.com instead. It's free and there is no ads.

Ok. But for me rapidshare is a simplest way to share files.

Here is mirror on mediafire.com

WS i did not ask Wim if this was acceptable, but he will normaly let me do as i see fit.

the third party FTP site is an option for you...

I consider you part of the team and i value your work and complimentary contributions to our project.
Please avail yourself of our resources. I don't think, given the small size of your app, that it will present a problem short or long term.

Jeff

PS if you would like access to the testing team forum, just say the word, I will give you that too.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

WS i did not ask Wim if this was acceptable, but he will normaly let me do as i see fit.

the third party FTP site is an option for you...

I consider you part of the team and i value your work and complimentary contributions to our project.
Please avail yourself of our resources. I don't think, given the small size of your app, that it will present a problem short or long term.

Jeff

PS if you would like access to the testing team forum, just say the word, I will give you that too.

Jeff,
thanks a lot for your paid attention to my small project. But can you tell me how can I reach ftp, because then I try to use connection info from here - it tells me Wrong password.

Regarding accessing testing team. I`m afraid that I can't be able to pay much attention. Because of my current job. Anyway am reachable here & on e-mail.

It may be that you will need to use an ftp client to get there such as filezilla or equivelent
the info in the first post is up to date. and i just retested it to confirm

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

OverFlow wrote:

It may be that you will need to use an ftp client to get there such as filezilla or equivelent
the info in the first post is up to date. and i just retested it to confirm

I used Total Commander builded in FTP functions. I try to use filezilla & receive this error:

Status:    Resolving IP-Address for 3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.com
Status:    Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response:    220 ProFTPD 1.3.1 Server (DreamHost FTP) [208.113.141.4]
Command:    USER dps_3p
Response:    331 Password required for dps_3p
Command:    PASS ************
Response:    230 User dps_3p logged in
Command:    SYST
Response:    215 UNIX Type: L8
Command:    FEAT
Response:    211-Features:
Response:     MDTM
Response:     REST STREAM
Response:     SIZE
Response:    211 End
Command:    PWD
Response:    257 "/" is the current directory
Command:    TYPE I
Response:    200 Type set to I
Command:    PASV
Response:    227 Entering Passive Mode (208,113,141,4,135,82).
Command:    LIST
Response:    150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
Response:    226 Transfer complete
Error:    Failed to retrieve directory listing

Looks like heavy traffic dream host has been very unreliable the last month or so -
it looks like it took the login and then failed to read the folder - hmmm

OverFlow wrote:

Looks like heavy traffic dream host has been very unreliable the last month or so -
it looks like it took the login and then failed to read the folder - hmmm

Regardless of that unpleasant fact, some FTP programmes establish several simultaneous connections to a server, however, some servers will only allow a sole connection at a time (meaning you can either transfer a file or list the directory contents, not both).

What you can do is reconfigure your FTP porgramme to establish a single connection only or use good old Windows Explorer for the task (yes, it works).
Just type ftp://username:password@ftp.server.com replacing the letters with their appropriate substitues.
That usually does the trick (and although I am employing FileZilla on this machine, I'm using it myself from time to time for really minor FTP jobs).

hi,
mine is set to passive mode
http://support.tigertech.net/filezilla-passive

a snippet from txt found in a forum about this;
Apparently there's an issue with FTP clients behind LinkSys Routers connecting to FTP Servers on non-standard FTP ports. Passive mode is a requirement in such situations. (There is same issue with other routers and firewalls.)

Last edited by Jaak (2008-05-03 22:49:38)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

It looks like i am not the only one here who has become a fan of you and your project...

Thanks for being here!

@helmi
I have lots of luck with windows exploder too -
however i never seem to be able to do rename / move or deletes from there.
just simple up/down actions

you can ftp from a command line in windows NT also... if you are hardcore (like we are) wink

funny you and Jaak and I all seem to use the same freeware without realizing it.
Great minds think alike...

I was wondering how I could set this up to run off of CD/DVD.  Thanks in advance.

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5ocSdUxUxrK5g8rfTm7_39bPWgBMWiteXNH4McROrNw/perpetual:forever/userbar/mainteam-1.png

base version 8.05 includes the ability to run from the CD/DVD with finisher and KTD
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 073#p20073

Because of warmsnow this is now an included feature of DriverPacks

you may have multiple choice on this one...

although his new idea for extracting only needed drivers and google search ect... are not.

I was wondering how I could set this up to run off of CD/DVD.  Thanks in advance.

Simple.Burn application with zipped DP-s but without dp_wsed.ini file to CD/DVD & it will work.

Thanks Jeff for ftp location http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.com/Dp_Wsed/

Overflow -  Thanks.  I have to try out base version 8.05 to try out that functionality.  I haven't gotten a chance to try out the official release, yet.

WsnoW -  Thanks.  I will also give this a try.  Does the method your talking about for running from CD/DVD perform automatic installation when the EXE file is run?  If not, how do I do that?

Last edited by Echo_Platoon (2008-05-05 03:24:06)

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5ocSdUxUxrK5g8rfTm7_39bPWgBMWiteXNH4McROrNw/perpetual:forever/userbar/mainteam-1.png

WsnoW -  Thanks.  I will also give this a try.  Does the method your talking about for running from CD/DVD perform automatic installation when the EXE file is run?  If not, how do I do that?

Run application , select DP to unpack & install them. Or U can try to use command line switches for unnattended mode:

DPInstaller_WSED.exe  /untd - this parametr will start Unattended instalation of DP
DPInstaller_WSED.exe  /unth - this parametr will start Unattended instalation of DP by HWIDs

WsnoW wrote:

Run application , select DP to unpack & install them. Or U can try to use command line switches for unnattended mode:

DPInstaller_WSED.exe  /untd - this parametr will start Unattended instalation of DP
DPInstaller_WSED.exe  /unth - this parametr will start Unattended instalation of DP by HWIDs

Thanks.  I did some testing of running your application by hand from CD.  I click the "Unpack DP" button and use the 2nd method.  It does everything the way it is supposed to.  I click "Install DP", go through the process, and it works.  I click on "Delete DP" and click "Yes" on the pop-up.  I go to the temp directory for the app (C:\WINDOWS\dp_wsed) and the extracted drivers did not get deleted.

Then, I went onto the CD and ran "clean.cmd" and got "Access is denied." for many of the files it was trying to delete.  I then copied the "clean.cmd" to my desktop to see if I could resolve this and I did.  To resolve the issue, I added a switch to the "del" command.  Here is what the working version I have looks like for that command:

del /s /q /f %WinDir%\dp_wsed > %WinDir%\temp\cln

I added the "/f" switch (without the quotes).  What this switch does is force the deletion of read-only files.  I saved "clean.cmd" after making this change and then ran it.  When I ran it, everything worked perfectly. 

Also, if you don't want/need to have a log file of what was deleted, then you could use just the "rd" command that you have in the "clean.cmd" unchanged and by itself, and it will delete everything including directories, sub-directories, and read-only files without getting an "Access is denied." message.

I hope this feedback helps a little bit.

--Echo_Platoon

Then, I went onto the CD and ran "clean.cmd" and got "Access is denied." for many of the files it was trying to delete.  I then copied the "clean.cmd" to my desktop to see if I could resolve this and I did.  To resolve the issue, I added a switch to the "del" command.  Here is what the working version I have looks like for that command:

del /s /q /f %WinDir%\dp_wsed > %WinDir%\temp\cln

I added the "/f" switch (without the quotes).  What this switch does is force the deletion of read-only files.  I saved "clean.cmd" after making this change and then ran it.  When I ran it, everything worked perfectly.

hmm... I`ve meet with this one time while deleting 4.7 gb drivers & don`t pay attention. Thanks for feedback i`ve add ''F'' switch to the clean.cmd script.

NEW VERSION

ver. 2.0.10.9 Beta4
#12-05-2008#
+ new parameter added to dp_wsed.ini file RecreateIni(thanks polydurak)
//set it to RecreateIni=No & app will not rewrite ini file
+ new parameter added to dp_wsed.ini file SelectDPDir
//used for app internal cases
* double installing of drivers & app freezing while running from command line
* WaitForm resized (thanks Aspire)
* error while starting application after app directory changed
* error with non deleting dp_wsed directory (thanks Echo_Platoon)

Only changed files 305 ?? Relize20109beta4.7z

Last edited by WsnoW (2008-05-15 22:46:04)

Glad to see you able to take advantage of our offer to host your app!

Keep doing "that VooDoo that You Do so well" (I of course quote - Headly Lamar, Blazing Saddles)

If there is anything else we can do, just ask. Have a great day!

OverFlow wrote:

Glad to see you able to take advantage of our offer to host your app!
Keep doing "that VooDoo that You Do so well" (I of course quote - Headly Lamar, Blazing Saddles)
If there is anything else we can do, just ask. Have a great day!

Hi, Jeff

again a lot of thanks to you & DriverPacks team for support.

NEW VERSION

Error fixing version.Hope this is final beta. Working with relative paths fully tested.

here is example of ini-file

[Program]
Initial=no
RecreateIni=no
Start From=CD
AppMainPath=..\Dp_INST\DPInstaller_WSED.exe
Workdir=%WINDIR%\dp_wsed\
Windir=%WINDIR%
CMDPackDir=..\OEMDRV\
;OEMDRV here is just example, name of dirrectory can be any
[DP_Options]
DPExternal=no
DPExternalDir=..\OEMDRV\
SelectDPDir=no
[Automation]
AutoDPInstall=No

the structure of CD/DVD can be like this

I386\
Dp_INST\
- DPInstaller_WSED.exe
- dp_wsed.ini
- DPINST.exe
- all other files from Drivers Pack Unpacker & Installer app`s dir
OEMDRV\
- driver packages

ver. 2.1.1.1 Beta5
#15-05-2008#
* only 7z files presenting in available DP list (thanks ZaV)
* error with ignoring RecreateIni parameter
* fixed some errors while working with relative paths
/ the sample ini file will be attached in app`s directory (dp_wsed.ini.rel)
//just rename it to dp_wsed.ini & burn to CD/DVD

Download here relize2111beta5-full.7z or relize2111beta5-only_changed.7z

Last edited by WsnoW (2008-05-15 23:04:27)

"only 7z files presenting in available DP list (thanks ZaV)"---don't quite understand why especially for install for dc/dvd!
I might be missing something but  I have an extracted driverpack below ..\dp
When I run dp_installer_wsed.exe no driverpacks are found when I use"change dp location I only have files with extension .7z --I have already done the extraction so why not have this option as well. BTW in earlier version "20109" already extracted drives were recognized.
This required is ofcourse for placement on cd/dvd version where all is extracted (Method1 or Method2 ) should be allowed
Many thanx and keep up the good work
Smbs

OOOOOh --I think I get it---from drivers.7z on cd/dvd only required drivers for specific installation are extracted to temporary working directory and from there all required drivers are installed ---is my understanding  correct??
Once again great work!! and keep it up.
Smbs

Last edited by smbs (2008-05-18 18:53:21)