Re: [IMPLEMENTED] Windows XP Service Pack 3 Support

ok, on it...

DPs_BASE_712b.exe posted on nightlies

Last edited by OverFlow (2007-12-22 20:03:18)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Amazing, many thanks OverFlow. Worked perfectly on the setup I have on the bench at the moment. Nice coding.
Thanks to the people who tested this.

GigaByte G31MX-S2
Intel G31 Chipset
Celeron 440 2gz.
160g Hitachi
Realtek HD Audio
Realtek 10/100/1000 NIC

Nlite: Sliptream
                        SP3 - Openoffice  - Adobe 8.11 etc.

DriverPacks:
                        All packs including Packs from Nightly's

Nlite:                Create ISO

I will try to test some other systems over the next couple of days but I would have to say that this is a done deal.

Thanks again for the fast response, looks like the SP3 thing is fixed.

I would like to say to everyone - A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Hi BigBrit.
I was doing some slipstream tests with the 712b Base beta on -non-patched- SP2 sources, and reported to OverFlow.. He told me the beta was not yet about the other features we want IN the Base, and that he found several other buggy lines while writing the lines for SP3.
I then got ready to create an English SP3... and I woke up and see your report, and had to grin while I reread the topic.
Yes, Redmond works 9 to 5, but they also recognise they need feedback of online communities.
They have their own fora, and they launched the MVP program.
They extended the program to outside-M$-fora, and these days they have awarded over 3600 very active community personalities. The communities never sleep. They will get feedback about this issue.
I am pretty sure their community scouts read about this.
Then there's your Rep. The Beta program itself. Sysprep gurus. MSDN and Technet subscribers. (MVPs can choose between a Technet or an MSDN during award period.).. The M$ partners.
(I first read about this Partner program here or at msfn, and kept my "very basic" Partner status live..)

I will prepare me an English source now.
I hope they have been working on other language SP3, but have not seen any mention of such yet.
@ Jeff. Thanks for the code, and for listening to reports.

I wish a pleasant holiday on the beaches to all southern hemisphere residents.
A Merry Xmass to all.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Yay it works... lol
it is a rare thing to have someone post when its working. wink

i suppected it worked but needed a true test with a HDA device connected to the machine.
i don't have a test card / machine that requires HDA support. i think the alpha actually worked too.
It just complained about some spelling errors that didn't show up until i made my changes. it was just like the last time for every line i add i have to fix 4 more so our 4 lines turned into 16 (again). the trick as always is knowing WHERE to put the four lines. 8-)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Its also interesting to see that BigBrit tested the nightlies DriverPacks, and they worked for him.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Me:

quick question, is the beta base only for testing on sp3 or could it
also be used for testing on normal sp2?
asking because I cant test sp3, its only available in English and I got
a small licensing problem with English versions.
got a dutch serial, wont work on English windows.

OverFlow:
It's a great question

Yes because it is possible that the new code may have caused issues with
other service packs and OS's. technically windows 2000 and 2003 should
not be affected but we wont know for sure till it is tested...

You should ask (or state) this in the forum so everybody benefits!

Jeff

Me:
thx for the answer!

Last edited by lucky2007 (2007-12-23 22:55:02)

Jaak wrote:

Its also interesting to see that BigBrit tested the nightlies DriverPacks, and they worked for him.

I thought I would test everything at the same time. If something broke I would work backwards, did not need to, it all worked fine.

The only thing I always do is erase all the files in QSC when I upgrade a MassStorage file.
Maybe another modification to the Base (2008 project) to erase these files BEFORE a slipstream ????

Time for a rest, today I have to finish shopping with my wife, rather be working on my PC !!!

Before my accident I took life for granted, now I treat life, my wife and relaxation with respect. All may end at any time.

Enjoy your Christmas, it's turkey time everybody.

Stu

Last edited by BigBrit (2007-12-24 05:47:37)

Merry Christmas Stu,

it is not neccesary to delete anything in QSC unless your low3 on disk space...

the only exception to this is if you modify a pack that you have already slipstreamed. the internal versioning prevents using the wrong qsc folder / version unless you change a pack you have already QSCed.

midiboy wrote:

Hi Overflow !

... and they removed the need to use a serial to install XP (similar to vista).

Has ANYONE acutally tried this method????

I have used a CLEAN XP Corp Vol source (NO SP's at all), no winnt.sif.  Just pure source, used MS's integrate option with the SP3 RC1 (have tried this with build 3244 and 3264).

Every time I try to install, it still REQUIRES me to type in a CD key.

lucky2007 wrote:

... I cant test sp3, its only available in English and I got
a small licensing problem with English versions.
got a dutch serial, wont work on English windows.

Fix the licensing issue by copying PIDGEN.DLL from a SP2 source to the I386 folder in your SP3 source after slipstreaming SP3 wink  SP3 will then allow you to use CD Keys that worked with SP2 but won't work with SP3 install, and WGA will still pass if it did before.  BTW, the full 336 meg SP3 from MS has all languages in it.

always remember.....
YCGIYWG (You Can't Get, If You Won't Give)
DizzyDen

There is no reference to no longer needing a serial, anywhere, except in his post...
the PIDgen copy is a great piece of advise for everyone... thanks and Merry Christmas!

OverFlow, I have actually included the PIDGEN trick in one version of my SP3 Update pack wink

always remember.....
DizzyDen

I'm not familiar with the driver packs, it looks like the base already has KB888111. I tested the KB888111 addon with the RVM Integrator 1.4.3 & 1.5b32 and it worked fine but not tested with nLite. As far as I know the RVM integrator ignores the "ServicePack=SP3" part.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/Sho … ;SiteID=17

Seth Wall [MS]:
"There are currently no plans to support HD Audio by default in XP SP3.  However, there are currently plans in the works regarding a separate compatibility fix for HD Audio Drivers for XP SP3 users. Thanks!"

Last edited by redxii (2007-12-26 21:23:58)

redxii wrote:

Seth Wall [MS]:
"There are currently no plans to support HD Audio by default in XP SP3. "

That's it!  I'm getting my gun!
mad

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

LOL

well it seems the existing hda fixes work just fine with sp3 so even though this is another glareing example of MS missing the boat it will not bring life to an end. (unless mr-smartepants finds the person responsable)

As an ex Brit I agree with the theory, living in the US gives me access to bigger guns ???

Why not issue the new Base as I have used it on several machines and it work fine, this would solve all the KB888111 problems.

Redxii: Try the following

Google for "KB888111 download" and install it, run your Realtek HD or whatever afterwards and reboot, it finds everything at that point.

Good luck.

Last edited by BigBrit (2007-12-28 02:58:12)

I have been working on the bugs that exist ....

\d\d the double d in m1 bug
the problem with $OEM$ and winntsif being created in m1 even if text mode is all that is selected.
and the hardcoded folders in chipset.

i will release when i have that and at least one other person posts this is working

OverFlow wrote:

i will release when i have that and at least one other person posts this is working

I hope someone else has had time to try it, worked on 4 PC's I had in the shop.

Thanks for the input.

i found this in the pdf from ms confirming what midiboy said earlyer
"
As in Windows Server 2003 SP2 and Windows Vista, users can now complete operating system installation without providing a product key during a full, integrated installation of Windows XP SP3. The operating system will prompt the user for a product key later as part of Genuine Advantage. As with previous service packs, no product key is requested or required when installing Windows XP SP3 using the update package available through Microsoft Update.

Note The Windows Product Activation changes in Windows XP SP3 are not related to the Windows Vista Key Management Service (KMS). This update affects only new operating system installations from integrated source media. This update affects the installation media only and is not a change to how activation works in Windows XP.
"
If i am reading this correctly a normal install will not prompt for a PID however i think we will still need one for an UWXP install

BigBrit wrote:

Redxii: Try the following

Google for "KB888111 download" and install it, run your Realtek HD or whatever afterwards and reboot, it finds everything at that point.

Good luck.

It's a Conexant HD audio. I already use an update pack I made for SP3  that includes KB888111 and the driver recognizes it and the driver from KB888111 is loaded as seen in System Information.

OverFlow wrote:

If i am reading this correctly a normal install will not prompt for a PID however i think we will still need one for an UWXP install

You can use a key from i386\pid.inf which is what setup uses if you don't enter a key.

@Overflow: I believe that is leftover from early releases of SP3 when it was still just for MSDN and TechNet subscribers.... I have yet to get it to install without asking for CD key during install.

That is exactly why I cam up with the PIDGEN fix, I could not get it to install at all, the keys I use for testing would not work with SP3 when it asked during install.

always remember.....
DizzyDen

that is cut and pasted from the info in the PDF on the MS site...
Overview of Windows XP Service Pack 3.pdf
(at the bottom of the page)
If it isn't working you have found yet another bug in SP3 RC1 -
you should report it to MS on technet
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/Sho … ;SiteID=17

I also found this on tech net...

?? Does SP3 RC1 have a time limit ??
Yes it does . You didnt really think we would issue a beta/RC without a time bomb in it did you?
180 days each of the releases times out. After that you will have to move to the final release version.

Hi Jeff
that's standard practice with MSFT betas

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I know I have been using MS since DOS 1
it was just an FYI... wink for the masses

never minds.

Last edited by JakeLD (2008-01-08 16:22:07)