Re: Testers needed for new Graphics driverpacks

chud wrote:

hi guys and gurls and mr_smartepants smile
happy new year to everyone!
any news on the new G_B pack with non-adulterated Intel drivers? I am happy to rebuild Intel section if people are short of time?
cheers

Yup, the G_B 801 DP is up in the nightlies section.
Thread: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=2271
Download: http://dev.driverpacks.thesneaky.com/dr … -32_801.7z

The caveat is that these 'unadulterated' drivers contain MANY duplicated HWIDs and Windows may choke on the redundancies.

Let us know if this works for ya!

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

First post updated.
New 8.01 DriverPacks for all!
Let the testing begin!
big_smile

is there a change note for 801 to 8011?

Amended changelog by request.

I found a problem when installing (I use unattended + driverpacks) on a system (asus pundit) with an ati radeon mobility IGP 9100.  During the windows installation (I slipstremed all the graphics driverpacks) the installer searches for a file called ativvpxx.pv in c:\d\g\a5 while it is actually in a subdirectory called B_32846.

yalu wrote:

I found a problem when installing (I use unattended + driverpacks) on a system (asus pundit) with an ati radeon mobility IGP 9100.  During the windows installation (I slipstremed all the graphics driverpacks) the installer searches for a file called ativvpxx.pv in c:\d\g\a5 while it is actually in a subdirectory called B_32846.

Wow, good find.  I wonder how long that bug had been there.  The filename is actually 'ativvpxx.vp' and it's referenced under a function in A5\mobility.inf but not referenced under the [SourceDisksFiles] section.
I'll fix it and reupload (I'll doublecheck all of the other mobility.inf files too).  To fix it at your end, just decompress the DP, edit the file yourself.  At the end of the mobility.inf file, in the [SourceDisksFiles] section, add the line:

ativvpxx.vp=1

Then recompress the DP with 7zip.

*Edit, it was actually missing quite a few files in the mobility.inf file.  Fixed now.
G_B 8.01.2 is up now.

Just tried new pack in Dell 755, it hangs on the GUI phase where graphics is detected (hangs on the monitor part to be precise - have posted in seprate post in this forum about that earlier)
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29B2&SUBSYS_02111028&REV_02

Hi,
I know there is setting in winnt.sif for monitor settings, but...
BUT... When I use a LCD or widescreen TFT, the settings I put in winnt.sif will not have the desired result.
(it will default to defaults for pnp monitor, which are often different than what the ICM/INF for the monitor show it can handle.)

I also know that the winnt.sif setting "not working 'limitation'" has been worked around by using a Hacked DLL, but DriverPacks cannot do that because we would then be in the same gray area as a pirated XP I saw it done to.

The ICM/INF files for that screen are needed.
You could perhaps try set it to non PnP (overrule PnP detection.), with windows VGA settings at 800x600  in winnt'sif, but I would not know how how to overrule PnP on this..

We do not want to use hacked windows system DLL.

Last edited by Jaak (2008-01-10 05:35:04)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Hi Jaak,
Can you point me to the direction of the hacked DLL, otherwise I can see no way this is ever going to work.
thanks

Bump.
G_A 8.01.2 is up.

DP_Graphics_A_wnt5_x86-32_8012
MD5: 451C37A7F8A2CBC69D12227732753CF2
Size: 73.5 MB

Changed:
N1\
  Changed path from N\1\ to N1
  Updated to version 169.21, 12/05/2007
A1\
  Changed path from A\1\ to A1
  Updated to Catalyst 8.1, DriverVer 12/20/2007, 8.451.0.0000
  Fixed uninstall fault in mobility.inf (not reported)

mr_smartepants wrote:

Bump.
G_A 8.01.2 is up. ...

Where!?

Last edited by weltall (2008-01-20 22:50:08)

check the first post in this thread

link provided

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

What a lame!!! :$

Why it's not on the site anyway? Hopefully I've waited it before create my installation. Is there a way to use driverpacks like a post installation? That way I could update it without creating another cd (using a cdrw). I've done this with my softwares, patches and tweaks, I wanted so much to do the same with DP. Is that a way?

Thank you very much!

Edit.: Ok... test version... ok, sorry. I just got so excited I didn't read nothing, just searched for "catalyst 8.1". Nevermind.

Last edited by weltall (2008-01-21 20:34:10)

weltall wrote:

What a lame!!! :$

Why it's not on the site anyway? Hopefully I've waited it before create my installation.

maybe this will be lame also, but.....

The reason some of the updates are not on the main site is because they go through a LOT of testing and revamping before release, to minimize issues for normal users, some of us don't mind blowing up machines a few times for the greater good (error free updated driverpacks)

weltall wrote:

Is there a way to use driverpacks like a post installation? That way I could update it without creating another cd (using a cdrw). I've done this with my softwares, patches and tweaks, I wanted so much to do the same with DP. Is that a way?

Thank you very much!

yes, you can just replace DriverPack Graphics A####.7z on your cdrw in \OEM folder with the new one, and then extract it to your ktd location on your machine.  If you search, you will also see a thread about implementing into an already installed machine (Here.)

always remember.....
YCGIYWG (You Can't Get, If You Won't Give)
DizzyDen

Thank you for your support!

That topic means I can update the drivers that were previously installed with windows, am I right? I don't want to keep the drivers on my machine at all! I just wanted to install drivers after the windows installation for updating questions (that's why I have a separated software installation cd, it's like a pendrive [I used udf format with it so I gain a lot of time updating my softwares]). What about replacing driverpack on my cdrw? You mean that OEM in my windows cd or out of it (that's want I wanted to do, put it in my software cd)? Cause my cd with windows installation isn't like the software one, so I had to copy my cd to HD and reburn it, spending a lot of time (not to talk about decreasing my cd's life faster).

Well, I don't know if that's possible, I thought that to boot the installation, an image with a boot session has to be created, am I wrong??? If that's possible, I'd be very happy, cause I could even use a dvd+rw udf formatted and put everything together. Btw I'v heard we can boot an installation via pendrive, could be the same procedure??? Maybe I could use a pendrive for everything, is it faster than a cd or dvd?... I don't know how, though.

Btw, if that isn't possible, I think I'll let driverpacks integrated on my installation anyway, because of hardware recognition (mass storage) issues. Then I can keep another OEM folder on my soft cd, so I can use it to update the drivers after windows+dp is installed. What you think, is it the better procedure??? (I keep wanting to be possible the udf/pendrive thing... that'd be so cool)

no dizzy that thread says at the end it doesn't work. because THE FINISHER DOES NOT INSTALL DRIVERS!

this however does work ---> http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=2264

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

@Overflow, the point I was referring to was that you can infact integrate the newer drivers into a previous installation, but will have to update the drivers manually via device manager.  But, he can copy the newer driverpack to the OEM folder and have them on the CD.  And yes, I understand Finisher only places the drivers into their location and minimal other stuff, that it DOES NOT INSTALL DRIVERS wink

Have a great one, and only jokin around with ya on that stuff big_smile

Yes, you can put everything on a DVDRW and refresh it when you want new stuff.  I keep several copies on my hard drive, and work on SP2 or SP3 with different things, working on my update packs, drivers, etc. and write the DVDRW that I want.

Last edited by DizzyDen (2008-01-22 07:37:22)

always remember.....
YCGIYWG (You Can't Get, If You Won't Give)
DizzyDen

Ok, initially I was asking if I could do the same thing after the installation that is made at the installation (driver recognition, installation and deletion), but it's very good I can update the packages which will install with windows, since I could see it's not too pratical install drivers post inst., since mass storage devices wouldn't be recognized, so forget that. Btw, my answer wasn't answered yet. Look what I was talking about. How would I put a windows installation on a dvdrw udf formatted (I think this is where I was misunderstood, I'm talking about a dvdrw formatted with incd, so I can drag and drop and overwrite files in it, without having to burn everything again just for a driverpack update) so it can boot? Is that impossible or there's a way to make that work (cause when I open the image with a iso reader, it has to say me the image is bootable to boot)? Please read carefully (what exigent eheheh) what I want to mean. Thank you!
(hope you had understood me now, I just can't express me better sad )

InCD will allow you to do this.
Not a very clean way to do this, but it will work. (you end up with a dvd that needs defragmenting - yikes!)
you can edit an image of a disk very easily (for example you can use a program like magic ISO to update an ISO image)
then burn the iso to a DVDWR a much cleaner method.

DizzyDen is correct you may simply swap out old DriverPacks for new ones in the "OEM" folder no additional steps are needed to udate the packs on your image.

with the exception of mass storage...

I wasn't talking about an image, I was talking about to update packs already copied to INCD formatted CD/DVD. I don't think it's so easy like just format with INCD and copy windows installation files to it and it'll be bootable, so I give up.

I think I'll stick with 2 CDs, using this method you've cited (image update then reburn) for my windows cd and INCD for my software cd. This will make my life easier the same way, since driverpacks aren't updated so frequently, neither windows hotfixes (which are the only things I have on there that need update).

Thank you everyone for your support. By the way, this packs are wonderful!

if you create an ISO image (say from your incd disk) then the iso image will create a bootable disk even after you edit it.
so when you burn the ISO image it will create a bootable cd since the original was bootable - it really is very easy

if you use nLite or RyanVM integrator to burn your files they will automagicaly make the disk bootable.

It is incd that is a pita - I have used it - lots of extra steps like having to prepare the disk before you use it.

however the same idea applys to updateing your incd disk. you can swap out the files on it as well.
BUT then your InCD will become fragmented and slow down just like a fragmented HDD would.

as i said in my previous post

DizzyDen is correct you may simply swap out old DriverPacks for new ones in the "OEM" folder no additional steps are needed to udate the packs on your **** InCD.

however i said image when i meant incd

I know I cand edit an image and it'll still be bootable, like you said that's really lame. I have poweriso, magiciso and ultraiso (didn't make my mind yet) I had always used them for this. Also I use nlite to create my cds and I know I can overwrite driverpacks on an image then burn it over a previous outdated burning. The point is when I burn an image the cd will not be editable anymore, so I have to reburn to it if I want to update.

Then...
The only thing I was asking was if I can create an incd formatted disk that will boot (allow me to edit like a HDD, yet bootable), it never worked for me since booting needs a bootable image (and like I said, when I burn the iso the disk doesn't allow me to add or overwrite anything anymore), so if this is possible it's not just by formatting the cd to work like a pendrive and copy my windows installation files to it, that will never boot for a installation ("press any key to install" screen doesn't appear like that)! With that being possible, I could update this driverpacks on the cd without having to edit the previous image I burned to the disk and reburn the DP updated image. Did you understand me now? Is there a way to make a incd formatted disk that boots? Is there?

P.S.: That's why I said I'll use the method you said, cause even if it's not as practical like if that could be possible, it's still faster and easier than extract the cd or image, delete the packs on the OEM folder and reapply updated packs (or just reapply) then using nlite or ryanvm to recreate the iso. Hope you've understood me now.

Thank you again, and sorry for being so confused you couldn't understand me yet, it's just I'm still learning your language.

that was much more clear! yes now i understand what you are asking

as far as i know there is no way to make an incd bootable, and even if you could it would quickly become fragmented.

i didnt say updateing an iso was lame i said incd was lame.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk lololol

That makes me sad then, I wasn't worried about framentation, but since you insist on this, it must be terrible! Then I really give now lol
When I said lame, I meant easy*. Anyway, I don't think neither INCD nor Vista UDF formatting (1.5, 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5) are lame (literally), it's really practical, cause I can update my software easily without having to burn everything again (or making multisession delete older version when writing newer, cause that would continue to take space on the cd/dvd). I'll use it for this and only this.

You're the best, guys! Sorry if I've sort of flooded here. Anyway, I've tested the new drivers, they worked very well for me.

when unsure about the correct usage of slang, it's better to use plain language........