Topic: Custom driver pack for single machine

Pardon me if I have not reviewed enough here - but I wanted to ask if it were possible to create a custom driver pack with the several drivers necessary for my motherboard. I want to use RyanVM's Ingetrator for those add-ons and have my custom created driver pack integrated at that same time.

I use a Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (but use no RAID configuration yet) and apply first my Intel Chipset INF Updater version 8.1.1.1010 in executable format. The two arguments utilized are -A and -OVERALL which handles the ICH5R chip.

Next I apply the Intel PRO2KXP.EXE version 11.1 for the onboard LAN. Last is the AC'97 ALC658 WDM_A395.EXE sound files.

Utlimately I may choose a RAID configuration for this m/b but have not found it necessary at this time.

Might someone make a comment about how best for me to go about this task?

Thanks!

Last edited by chucklington (2006-11-27 04:30:33)

Re: Custom driver pack for single machine

I have made a small tool called DriverGrabber which can be found on my site:
http://siginet.ryanvm.net

It is still in beta though.  It does have it's flaws.  So far it is supposed to grab all non-microsoft driver files and put them in a drivers directory for you.  The main goal of this tool is to ultimatly have it grab all needed driver files from your system and compile a driverpack file for you... or an integrator addon.  But I have not had time to work on it in a while.  I am hoping to have more time soon to work on all of my projects.

This may help you get started though.  And if you're lucky... maybe the it will grab all of the files needed from your system allready. wink

There are a couple tutorials on how to make a driverpack on this forum.  They aren't to hard to make once you have all of the necisarry files.

Shazzaammm!

Thanks for the directions. I'd been over to Ryan's and seen your name and even noticed reference to your tool. The explanation makes things easier for me and I do appreciate it.

Will give it a whirl but was curious whether the grabber obtains the drivers from the working operating system having previously had the installs done earlier, or what?

A while back I did a Tutorial thats super easy for n00bs with links to Driver tools and 3rd Party Bâshrat the Sneaky DriverPack layout http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=279

Siginet wrote:

I have made a small tool called DriverGrabber which can be found on my site:
http://siginet.ryanvm.net

So far it is supposed to grab all non-microsoft driver files....

There are a couple tutorials on how to make a driverpack on this forum.  They aren't to hard to make once you have all of the necisarry files.

Hey, I tried your utility and it completely missed my Intel network drivers and got a few others. Not knowing exactly what it is that I'm looking at, or how these need to be used, it was an experiment for sure.

I have this feeling that it may take me more time bonking my forehead against the walls before I get the hang of things.

Thanks for your interest.

Yeah soon I plan on updating drivergrabber and fixing a few bugs like that.

no reply since 2006...

close...