Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

OverFlow wrote:

i tested two of the listed packs, and the new dll was not required. techdud left them as they should be packed for DriverPacks BASE XP slipstream. Try it just replacing the packs first. (except mass storage, mass storage must be slipstreamed with DriverPacks BASE)

yes if you want to be able to support any video card, even really really old ones then add the 3rd party DriverPack.

difficult to add it with the base program since i don`t want to create the iso or the driverpacks installation from the beginning but only to replace the old one`s with new

is there another older version(except the latest official in the download page) that is not require dpbase?

and is necessary to put both DP_Misc_wnt5_x86-32_1308272.7z  and DP_SmartCard_wnt5_x86-32_1403281.7z ??

as they both have card readers drivers if not which one from the two is better to put ?? 

thanks

you may add any packs you like, or remove them, simply by adding or removing them. (8.3 filename applies)

except mass storage... you must slipstream mass storage.

All the other packs are extracted and processed at the time of the installation. Whatever is there gets processed big_smile.

IDK what your HWIDs are. you can always search for the HWIDs of your hardware in the packs, that's what I'd do.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Hello!

[OT] Noting that the MassStorage DP you mentioned earlier is from 2013.
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 591#p57591
Does DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1405176.7z not work for you symbios24?

Also, DP_CPU is included in DP_Chipset and is therefore outdated and unnecessary.

Find all latest [Nightlies] via the following Search:  http://forum.driverpacks.net/search.php … =381370028  [/OT]

I advise only integrating the essentials, then utilizing SAD3 for a post-Setup install for the remainder.
This avoids potential problems with path-length.

From the list you posted earlier,

Avoid DP_Bluetooth_MS-Misc_wnt5_x86-32_1408061.7z for now.
I found a detection bug in DP_Fnshr that hangs on MS' XP-included bth.inf (solved - yet to upload though)

DP_Misc_wnt5_x86-32_1308272.7z goes hand-in-hand with Chipset, MS, etc.

The following are likely best installed post-Setup by SAD3:

DP_Biometric_wnt5_x86-32_1403281
DP_Displays_wnt5_x86-32_1109081
DP_Graphics_USB_wnt5_x86-32_1409231
DP_HID_wnt5_x86-32_1209b1
DP_Phone-Mobile_wnt5_x86-32_1409121
DP_SmartCard_wnt5_x86-32_1403281
DP_Sound_USB-FireWire_wnt5_x86-32_1406021
DP_TVcard_wnt5_x86-32_1410071
DP_WebCam_wnt5_x86-32_1410041
DP_wHCI_wnt5_x86-32_1303b1

The following should be installed post-Setup with SAD3 after DP_Bluetooth_MS-Misc_wnt5_x86-32_1408131:
   (see:  http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=10848)

DP_Bluetooth_Atheros-Qualcomm_wnt5_x86-32_1408141
DP_Bluetooth_Broadcom-Widcomm_wnt5_x86-32_1408141
DP_Bluetooth_IVT_wnt5_x86-32_1409231
DP_Bluetooth_Motorola-Intel_wnt5_x86-32_1408132
DP_Bluetooth_Toshiba_wnt5_x86-32_1409231

Uploading is horrendously slow here.
It reminds me of my Grandmother's analogy for giving birth.  That is squeezing something the size of a watermelon through an opening the size of a tennis ball.  (ouch!)

Last edited by TechDud (2014-10-08 17:09:15)

Tech!! Good to see you... thought you got sucked into a black hole or something big_smile

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

i want to put a complete collection of updated driverpacks which ones should i put? and i must use sad3 or the old driverpacks program will do?

its difficult to find new drivers here since i have to search in every post,is it possible to make only one post for new drivers only for any device ?? instead of many different posts?
the link for all latest [Nightlies] its not working can you fix it?

Last edited by symbios24 (2014-10-09 03:50:19)

replace chipset and CPU with chipset.
replace any other pack you like.
Don't mess with Mass storage unless you want to recreate the disc.

TEST that much... Does it work?

Forget SAD, ERASE ERASE ERASE... SAD stands for Stand Alone, you are not doing stand alone you are doing an install, totally different. doesn't apply. doesn't matter. is not a factor. Unrelated. horse of a different color. Apples and oranges. Cart before the horse. dissimilar.
it's either or. A) you are doing an install OR B) you are using SAD on a running machine.
It can't be both, you are doing a windows install... SAD does not do windows install.
SAD is for installing drivers when you are NOT DOING AN INSTALL. Thus the name Stand Alone Driver install It doesn't require windows setup to work... It can STAND ALONE.
there is no program to update during an install, since there is no program. the program is windows setup and it's included with windows.

Quit trying to make something so simple seem hard. It's not. Wim and I wrote this stuff to be super easy for an entry level tech or advanced user, and it is. You are WAY overthinking this.

ONE step at a time. just update the existing packs and test. and report here

"Just Do It"
Nike

Where did you get this install image?

click on search at top of page. enter "nightlies" as the search term and "subject only" as where to search, all forums as the scope. - BAM... list of public nightlies. Sorted by date, most recent on top.

PS if you ask the same question again for the fourth time i am going to make fun of you. I have answered your question in detail four times now. the answer is not going to change even if you ask again a thousand times.

@techdud Way over his head dude... baby steps

DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1405176.7z is not going to work??

mass storage has to be integrated into the disc with DriverPacks BASE.  It becomes a part of the installation file set. Otherwise your install would not be able to find a HDD to install onto. 

in order to upgrade / swap mass storage you must use DriverPacks BASE to slipstream the new version. It is unlikely that you need a newer version. has your install failed on a machine?

where did you get your install disc?

this is starting to remind me of F*cnutFour...

OverFlow wrote:

mass storage has to be integrated into the disc with DriverPacks BASE.  It becomes a part of the installation file set. Otherwise your install would not be able to find a HDD to install onto. 

in order to upgrade / swap mass storage you must use DriverPacks BASE to slipstream the new version. It is unlikely that you need a newer version. has your install failed on a machine?

where did you get your install disc?

this is starting to remind me of F*cnutFour...

my install finds always a harddrive achi or ide so i just replace the old masstorage pack with the new in this case?? its just the pack  that is over 2 years old

Update MassStorage immediately post-Setup via SAD3, is one possibility.
I do my testing with clean untouched source discs (exc. for unattend file & some basic KB slipstreaming like Windows Installer upd or UR1 for 2k) so am not familiar if BASE can update a pre-integrated (via DPs_BASE- version???) source.
It would seem he is avoiding answering where the install disc came from though.  sad
-------------------
Getting back on topic; I see that Finisher uses devcon, and SAD3 uses Finisher in addition to dpinst.
Would SAD3 benefit from an updated devcon file?

2k compatibility doesn't appear an issue for devcon.
2k has never worked for me using either SAD3.  I always received an error related to the user account on 2k.
  In addition, the links for the older revisions of SAD2 appear broken.
  For 2k driver updates via the [Nightlies], i assume a SAD disc must be created via DPs_BASE for those packs not integrated with the 2k install disc used originally on the system at focus.

I have other question concerning SAD3 (NT5 & NT6).
Is it best to avoid using SAD3 for DP_MassStorage on a non-new installation, until a system backup is created and verified?  Additional controllers could be added manually with less risk, if i have that correct.

Last edited by TechDud (2014-10-11 17:42:31)

symbios24 wrote:

my install finds always a harddrive achi or ide so i just replace the old masstorage pack with the new in this case??

NO!!!
This has already been explained to you several times now.
Don't touch dpms.
The ONLY way to update dpms in your XP install image is to rebuild the entire image from scratch and integrate the new dpms with DriverPacks BASE.
Did you build your own image or was it built by someone else?

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

mr_smartepants wrote:
symbios24 wrote:

my install finds always a harddrive achi or ide so i just replace the old masstorage pack with the new in this case??

NO!!!
This has already been explained to you several times now.
Don't touch dpms.
The ONLY way to update dpms in your XP install image is to rebuild the entire image from scratch and integrate the new dpms with DriverPacks BASE.
Did you build your own image or was it built by someone else?

it was built by someone else i have only update it. but it`s strange there was a previous masstorage pack v901 and i update it with DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1209 and i got no errors problems/missing drivers.

Last edited by symbios24 (2014-10-11 21:46:00)

symbios24, I suspect the frustration from those trying to help you is because you are not getting the message on how complex the integration of the mass storage pack is and therefore what its doing to your install image. 

Overflow is clearly saying do it one way only....

Overflow wrote:

in order to upgrade / swap mass storage you must use DriverPacks BASE to slipstream the new version

your way is wrong.

I'm guessing just because you updated it "your way" and seems OK for you doesn't mean your way "works".  Its probably that you have been very lucky and working on really old hardware where its not needed anyway, so you haven't noticed you now have a dodgy image that will crash out if you ever use on other systems/hardware

Last edited by botus (2014-10-12 21:08:14)

botus wrote:

symbios24, I suspect the frustration from those trying to help you is because you are not getting the message on how complex the integration of the mass storage pack is and therefore what its doing to your install image. 

Overflow is clearly saying do it one way only....

Overflow wrote:

in order to upgrade / swap mass storage you must use DriverPacks BASE to slipstream the new version

your way is wrong

I'm guessing just because you updated it "your way" and seems OK for you doesn't mean your way "works".  Its probably that you have been very lucky and working on really old hardware where its not needed anyway, so you haven't noticed you now have a dodgy image that will crash out if you ever use on other systems/hardware

Hello i have install it also in some newer machines without a problem anyway lets do it correct how do i add it with dpbase ?

symbios24 wrote:

Hello i have install it also in some newer machines without a problem anyway lets do it correct how do i add it with dpbase ?

Two points,

1) Overflow suggests you probably don't need to update mass storage...  As you say your current image works on yours and other systems.  So for the kit you are working on you don't need to do anything. The only need to update mass storage would be to work with much newer / current hardware.

2) To update mass storage anyway (and from mr_smartepants last post I think he adds clearer advice, and the way I'd do it) you can have a modified image (e.g. where you have added service packs / updates etc.) its just that you should always start from this point and then add driver packs last... and for your project, you will not have full success unless you add mass storage to a previously unmodified by driver packs image

Last edited by botus (2014-10-12 21:17:13)

botus wrote:
symbios24 wrote:

Two points,

1) Overflow suggests you probably don't need to update mass storage...  As you say your current image works on yours and other systems.  So for the kit you are working on you don't need to do anything. The only need to update mass storage would be to work with much newer / current hardware.

2) To update mass storage anyway (and from mr_smartepants last post I think he adds clearer advice, and the way I'd do it) you can have a modified image (e.g. where you have added service packs / updates etc.) its just that you should always start from this point and then add driver packs last... and for your project, you will not have full success unless you add mass storage to a previously unmodified by driver packs image

thanks for your help,is it possible to replace the dpbase with sad3 to delete all the folder and add  the sad3 folder etc. will this work without massstorage integration by dpinstall tool??

Last edited by symbios24 (2014-10-12 21:47:31)

No.
The whole point of integrating dpms into the XP image with DriverPacks BASE is so that the system can "see" the hard drive at the beginning of the install (known as "textmode").  If dpms wasn't installed properly, the blue install screen of XP would say something like "No hard drives found to install onto".
Simply replacing the dpms archive on the image with a newer one will only provide updated drivers to the system once the XP installer has already began the install process.  Just because you haven't had any errors doesn't mean that it's a bug-free image, it just means that you were lucky.
SAD3 cannot replace DriverPacks BASE for what you need.  SAD3 can only upgrade the drivers AFTER the install has taken place.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

mr_smartepants wrote:

No.
The whole point of integrating dpms into the XP image with DriverPacks BASE is so that the system can "see" the hard drive at the beginning of the install (known as "textmode").  If dpms wasn't installed properly, the blue install screen of XP would say something like "No hard drives found to install onto".
Simply replacing the dpms archive on the image with a newer one will only provide updated drivers to the system once the XP installer has already began the install process.  Just because you haven't had any errors doesn't mean that it's a bug-free image, it just means that you were lucky.
SAD3 cannot replace DriverPacks BASE for what you need.  SAD3 can only upgrade the drivers AFTER the install has taken place.

thanks again i was confused it has the same name "dp_install_tool" as sad3 has.so i though if i replace with the newer files it will work.i tried sad3 before for a windows 7 lite image(700mb) but it did not work.i followed any possible instructions that are in the start of this threat but no luck.

Last edited by symbios24 (2014-10-13 04:11:52)

I told you before ... dp_install_tool has NOTHING to do with installing drivers DURING windows setup. You could REMOVE dp_install_tool.cmd and windows would install the exact same way... <-read that again [no really read it] We put it on there as a convenience to tech's, they can drop in the install disk and update and older machine by running that script. It's an after thought, a freebee, extra, a perk, Icing on the cake, independent, unrelated, unique, never to be used during windows setup ever. It IS to be used on a RUNNING WORKING system.

You are trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Doesn't work that way.

you said you followed all the directions for SAD... And you probably did them perfect.
but since you updated a POST install tool it did not affect your INSTALL.
You did not update your install, and, I know it is hard to belive, BUT it is not updated. Because you never updated it. It's that simple.
I am sure you worked really hard, but you worked on the wrong thing.
Forget what you know, it does not apply to your current task. (second time i told you this)
I would expect nothing different if you did that correctly one thousand times over...
You built a really nice screen door, NO you can not install it on a submarine. Sorry.

Did you download this image off the net?

Until you understand that integrating drivers into an installation is different than updating drivers on a working system we are not going to be able to go any further in your education.

your failure to understand this simple fact is why your windows 7 lite image fails.

pay attention. Stay on point. (we are not talking about Win7 ATM)

I can't cram ten years driverpacks experience into a post, you need to accept that I have 6000 more posts and Admin status for a reason. Been there done that got the t-shirt. I can bet money on your next mistake and nobody would take that bet tongue.

you are doing fairly well so far you got the first half right. answering questions, asking fair questions, you are polite.

the second half of the process here is; now you need to listen, carefully, apply what is given (test advised action) and report back. (Do NOT deviate from specifically given instructions, at least not until I have granted you "the right to run with scissors"... or you are successful)

RANT wrote:

Bomb expert on radio to field tech. "Cut the red wire"
Field tech {muttering to self} "Old f*ck don't know sh*t"
BOOM!!!!

first half good, second half bad... work on that second half

botus wrote:

Two points,

1) Overflow suggests you probably don't need to update mass storage... (snip)

2) (Snip)... the way I'd do it) you can have a modified image (e.g. where you have added service packs / updates etc.) its just that you should always start from this point and then add driver packs last... and for your project, you will not have full success unless you add mass storage to a previously unmodified by driver packs image

That is how I do it that is how I tell everyone to do it. Run DriverPacks BASE and add DriverPacks to a COPY of your final image. If you want to add DriverPacks again make another copy of your final add it to that. Big GOLD STAR and two points awarded to botus for good form on our forum.

I would like to say at this point that the last line of your statement is not entirely accurate.
IF you add DriverPacks LAST (note the big if and the big last)
AND IF you have NOT changed the image. (AT ALL)
THEN you have two, count them two, One...Two. Two options big_smile!
Option one. Remove DriverPacks. Run DriverPacks BASE on the source with no packs selected. Poof, it's gone.
Option two. Update DriverPacks. Run DriverPacks BASE on the source with updated packs selected. (it's removed first, then updated wink )

Special note... If those "if"s are not met... and changes were made after DriverPacks was added. It makes pea soup out of your core windows installation files. you were working on a copy right?

Extra special note: Windows does not run on pea soup alone.

@mr_smartepants You missed an awesome opportunity at a quote pyramid... aaaagh!

I was trying to keep the length down... and gave up. LOL.

after thought... I'm admin, I could still add the pyramid to your post rofl big_smile tongue

I did everything correct from the beginning  integrating DriverPack MassStorage into the XP image along with other driverpacks with DriverPacks BASE following the guide and also integrate before the tune up utlities internal addon as i do always, and i noticed in the task manager through the shift+f10 option (writing taskmgr in the cmd) during the windows installation that the TUProgSt (TuneUp Program Statistics service) is not running at it should be,it was always running in the previous installations.anyone knows whats wrong here? ?

Last edited by symbios24 (2014-10-15 08:17:53)

symbios24 wrote:

I did everything correct from the beginning...  before the tune up utlities internal addon as i do always

well there's one of your problems!

try a simple search...  Description: TUProgSt.exe is not essential for Windows and will often cause problems

Last edited by botus (2014-10-15 09:04:28)

botus wrote:
symbios24 wrote:

I did everything correct from the beginning...  before the tune up utlities internal addon as i do always

well there's one of your problems!

try a simple search...  Description: TUProgSt.exe is not essential for Windows and will often cause problems

i did now have any problems before with this,do you know why its not running as before?

is this the reason that is not working in the log of dpbase? "Will not slipstream patches, Service Pack 3 was detected" ? or what that does it mean??

Last edited by symbios24 (2014-10-15 22:23:55)

forget what you think you know and what you think happened.

You need to start with a good image and modify that. 

A good image means an original Microsoft one where necessary, with Microsoft updates / service packs and possibly a few other well known essentials.  The idea is to make a very robust image to save time, not bring in faults or detritus...
the idea to slipstream extras on to your original Microsoft disc/image is build a robust more up to date image that saves time. adding rubbish is a silly idea. If you still have a good image that's close to original and you just want to update driver packs then follow info in this post.If you have a messed up image with lots of extra rubbish and its playing up.... go back to a good image and start again.

if you have problems start again...

don't continually try to repair a pile of rubbish.