Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

Ken@fri wrote:

Every time I use the switches (/S or -S  -no problem with /SR or -SR), at firstlogon, I have a message asking me to reboot my computer.

Which OS are you installing on?  Are you using SAD during setup prior to first login?  Is the message generated by Windows or part of the SAD script?
Can you post your log file?

Ken@fri wrote:

After fresh install on HP ProBook 4510s, the followings TouchPad drivers appear in Add/Modify programs CPL at the same time:

• Dell Touchpad (from ALPS ELECTRIC CO., LTD)

• ETDWare PS/2-X86 10.7.13.1_WHQL (from ELAN Microelectronic Corp.)

• Synaptics Pointing Device Drivers(from Synaptics Incorporated)

Well, the only way I know to fix that is by removing the "touchpad" or "HID" folders from the driver pool and leave them for manual installation.  That kinda defeats the purpose of the automatic install.
I went back through versions 2.5 & 2.7 and I didn't see any code that would differentiate any HID drivers at all.
I'll keep looking into it.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Yes with some dirvers after restart it will ask again to restart this is normal for some drivers even on my Dell lappy does that with one driver.

They have the same hardware ids and that is why three are showing with your config.  That is why we left the touchpad hid drivers behind on the root of the drive if this happens.  Just uninstall them all and reboot then use device manager to install the correct one.  This is a fault of Microsofts tools that are used and not the scripts fault.  Hope this helps understanding it.

You know mr_smartepants it might be best to leave out the drivers for touchpad from the driver pool or you will get alot of complaints from the ones with same hdwr ids or maybe those with same ids can be skipped within the script.  So they have to install one or two drivers manually.....thats not bad in my book.  lol

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-04-27 05:40:34)

mr_smartepants wrote:

Which OS are you installing on?  Are you using SAD during setup prior to first login?  Is the message generated by Windows or part of the SAD script?

mr_smartepants wrote:

Can you post your log file?

No, sorry. I've already deleted it. I'll redo some others tests this week and I'll Keep u posted (next monday).

mr_smartepants wrote:

Well, the only way I know to fix that is by removing the "touchpad" or "HID" folders from the driver pool and leave them for manual installation.  That kinda defeats the purpose of the automatic install.
I went back through versions 2.5 & 2.7 and I didn't see any code that would differentiate any HID drivers at all.
I'll keep looking into it.

SteveDun wrote:

Yes with some dirvers after restart it will ask again to restart this is normal for some drivers even on my Dell lappy does that with one driver.
They have the same hardware ids and that is why three are showing with your config.  That is why we left the touchpad hid drivers behind on the root of the drive if this happens.  Just uninstall them all and reboot then use device manager to install the correct one.  This is a fault of Microsofts tools that are used and not the scripts fault.  Hope this helps understanding it.
You know mr_smartepants it might be best to leave out the drivers for touchpad from the driver pool or you will get alot of complaints from the ones with same hdwr ids or maybe those with same ids can be skipped within the script.  So they have to install one or two drivers manually.....thats not bad in my book.  lol

It's a little bit clearer now.

Thanx.

Here's version 120426.
http://www.mediafire.com/?550gwfwys51q576

:: Changelog:
:: v130426 v3.0
:: Modified OS detection code to use WMIC instead of query the registry.
:: Fixed bug where files were "cleaned" despite user choice.
:: Added code to remove known problem Touchpad HID drivers from driver pool prior to dpinst. (Alps/Dell, Elantech)

Your new one I just tried installed 4 different touchpad drivers on mine (win 7 hm prem on Dell inspiron 5010n)...
alps 4
alps 5
elantech
synaptecs
then when restarted it shows installed synaptecs in devce manager but under programs installed it shows all 4 installed.
synaptecs is correct but how can we stop the others from installing under programs installed in control panel?

Conclusion is now it installs correct touchpad on my Dell lappy but how to stop the install of other touchpad drivers under programs installed in control panel.  50% solved.  lol  Your getting closer to a working solution for touchpad drivers.

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-04-27 23:40:16)

Please post your DP_Install_Tool log so I can see which ones are being tagged.

ok hold on...

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/23e74862

synaptecs is the correct one for my lappy.

If you can fix this touchpad issue, you will be my hero.  lol

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-04-27 23:30:26)

he's already my hero, has been for many years.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OK, I rewrote the cleanup phase with array processing to make it easier to add/remove designated touchpad folders for deletion.  One line:

FOR %%i IN (Elantech\2\ Elantech\3\ Alps\2\ Alps\3\ Alps\4\ Alps\5\) DO (IF /I EXIST "%SystemDrive%\D\%ARCHP%\All\3\Touchpad_Mouse\%%i" RD /S /Q "%SystemDrive%\D\%ARCHP%\All\3\Touchpad_Mouse\%%i" >nul)

But I don't really want to "hardcode" those paths into SAD.  It's not very flexible.
How about adding a "known-problems-Third Party DriverPack-touchpad.txt" file to the root of the touchpad Third Party DriverPack?
If the contents of the "known-problems..." file have the paths to each problem folder then SAD can remove those dynamically with a modified array.

Something like this:

; The following drivers are known to cause problems during automatic integration.
; If your device is not installed during automatic installation, you can try these folders manually.
x86\All\3\Touchpad_Mouse\Alps\2
x86\All\3\Touchpad_Mouse\Alps\3
x86\All\3\Touchpad_Mouse\Alps\4

The array processing can be handled very simply and each pack can have its own "known-problems" file.
Something like this (untested of course):

FOR %%i IN ("%SystemDrive%\D\known-problems*.txt") DO (FOR /F "eol=; tokens=* delims=" %%d IN ('DIR /B /S "%%i"') DO (IF /I EXIST "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\%%d" RD /S /Q "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\%%d" >nul))

Ideas?  Thoughts?  Stone-throwing? wink

Sounds like a good approach.  I like it.  Cant wait to test if that is what you are using in the script.

I thought about it some more and instead of deleting the directory, I may just rename the offending .inf files to .inf.bak and then include a "undo" script that a user can run after the fact that would rename any .inf.bak file to .inf and re-run SAD.
In the meantime, I'll post the code that I have right now until I can get some testing done on the new method.

Sorry I have been busy with my powerpoint presentation that is due Monday so I havent had much time for testing today anyways.  Maybe tomorrow after my presentation I will have time for testing this again.  School first.  wink

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-04-29 05:50:10)

Here's version 120428.
http://www.mediafire.com/?s15mqmy9661tx5c

:: Changelog:
:: v130428 v3.0 (Erik Hansen)
:: Modified code to remove more known problem Touchpad HID drivers from driver pool prior to dpinst. (Alps/Dell, Elantech)

I'll work on incorporating the new code to build the array from the new text files and build a few test packs to go with them.  This will add flexibility to SAD that will allow everyone to modify their own DriverPacks for their own use.

still a lil glich in the deleting of unneeded drivers for other os's....I choose "n" for the cleanup of other os's which it should keep them and it did not.  here is a pic.

http://s14.postimg.org/zfec6jcxt/deleting_all_drivers_when_I_said_n_to_the_questi.png

Also still installing two wrong drivers in programs installed under control panel but now doesnt install the touchpad at all.....is the the way you set it up?  before the synaptecs installed and it was correct.  As seen in the pic synaptecs was isntalled also but when check device manager even after reboot it shows just standard driver that micro installs from installation of the os.

http://s17.postimg.org/mmh32kbwv/alps_and_dell_isnt_installling_but_cypress_and_e.png

Also in script where it says this window will close in 10 secs.......this should only show if %SILENT%=Y I think....just a suggestion.

win 7 hm prem but in vmware not on my real lappy just to let you know.  Using SAD3 version 120428 from your above post.

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-04-29 08:55:02)

I had a Dell TouchPad driver install on an HP zv5000-series laptop with an Alps TouchPad using SAD130421.
No error, no problem working with it.  Just thought you would want to know.

HWID:  ACPI\PNP0F13\4&102A0DBB&0

If only there was a way to "poll" the hardware.

SteveDun wrote:

Also still installing two wrong drivers in programs installed under control panel but now doesnt install the touchpad at all.....is the the way you set it up?  before the synaptecs installed and it was correct.  As seen in the pic synaptecs was isntalled also but when check device manager even after reboot it shows just standard driver that micro installs from installation of the os.

Well that is very strange since I didn't touch anything from Synaptics.  Your system must have been installing the driver from one folder but using a synaptics app.
Can you go back to a previous install where the touchpad was working fine and go to the device manager "driver" tab, click the "driver details" button and take a screenshot of the .sys info?

I will do a fresh install tomorrow of win 7 in vmware to rule out any corruptions that might have happened.  Its 11:30pm here and I am headed to bed but will put on the todo list first thing tomorrow morning.  Thanks for your advise.

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-04-29 17:00:38)

Here is the code in my working copy.  The REM'd lines are active in the version you are using.  You can see that Synaptics isn't touched.

:: Remove known problem Touchpad HID drivers from driver pool
REM IF /I EXIST "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\3\H\A6\" RD /S /Q "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\3\H\A6\" >nul
REM IF /I EXIST "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\3\H\E\ETD1.inf" DEL /F /S /Q "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\3\H\E\ETD1.inf" >nul
REM FOR %%i IN (Elantech\2\ Elantech\3\ Alps\2\ Alps\3\ Alps\4\ Alps\5\) DO (IF /I EXIST "%SystemDrive%\D\%ARCHP%\All\3\Touchpad_Mouse\%%i" RD /S /Q "%SystemDrive%\D\%ARCHP%\All\3\Touchpad_Mouse\%%i" >nul)
REM :: debug
FOR %%i IN ("%SystemDrive%\D\Known-problems*.txt") DO (FOR /F "eol=; tokens=* delims=" %%D IN (%%i) DO (IF /I EXIST "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\%%D" RENAME "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\%%D" "%%~nxD.bak"))

Now, a single line takes care of disabling the .inf problem kids.

I'll add the Cypress and the older Elantech to the list.
Can you also post your full HWID list?

Hi mr_smartepants!

is there any reason explaining script extension mod (.bat instead of .cmd)? lol

No reason.  It's safe to rename.
I renamed it .bat in testing and forgot to name it back.

Well, I had a setback tonight.  I burned out one drive in my RAID-1 array.
So I'm down until the array has rebuilt itself.
Good thing I follow the 3-2-1 backup rules:
3 copies of critical data
2 copies on different media types (Hard drive, cloud storage, DVD, etc.)
1 copy stored off-site (mom's house)

I'll be back in the next day or so.

Sorry to hear about your RAID-1 array.

Here are the files you wanted with pics showing still having a issue with touchpad installs.

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/2067e817

This was on fresh install of win 7 hm prem x86 in vmware.

I still cant figure out how to correct the keep other OS drivers in clean phase of script.....no matter what, it is broken.  Even if I set clean=n it still removes them.  Plus I think some of the silent=y then do something isnt working either.  Something change with the script being rewritten.  Think it is bed time for me now.  Good nite.

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-04-30 13:45:23)

@ mr_smartepants

Bad news... sorry for u.

Hope to read u again very soon.

Ken@fri wrote:

Every time I use the switches (/S or -S  -no problem with /SR or -SR), at firstlogon, I have a message asking me to reboot my computer.

After many, many tests, maybe, I finally found why: my SetupComplete.cmd file content (The REM'd line was adding to delete D folder remaining despite using /S swith).

START /W %SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\SAD3\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /S
REM IF EXIST "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D" RD /S /Q "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\" >nul
DEL %0 >nul

If I comment out the 2nd line, everything seems go FINE

S O L V E D???

Others tests are in progress...  cool

Last edited by Ken@fri (2013-04-30 23:52:05)

@Ken@fri,
I thought that would be a give in but some dont know scripting at all so added detailed info on the setupcomplete and firstlogin cmds in the readme.txt file for those that dont quite understand scripting and to edit line accordingly.  Obviously if you choose the /s switch to KTD=Y then that second line should not be added.

Add the following code to the setupcomplete.cmd or firstlogon.cmd file...

@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\SAD3\DP_Install_Tool.cmd" START /W %SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\SAD3\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /s     (or what ever switch you wish to use)
IF EXIST "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D" RD /S /Q "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\D\" >nul      (add this line to delete the D (drivers) folder) Optional
DEL /F /Q %0% >nul     (self-delete)

Last edited by SteveDun (2013-05-01 01:28:26)

@ SteveDun

Thanx 4 help.

In my tests, I tried the 2nd line 'coz even I choose /S switch (meaning KTP=N), the D folder remains.