Re: [Tool] Drivers Installer Assistant (for PostInstall Windows) v.6.4.28

Changes to the Drivers Installer Assistant [2.12.24 - RC2]

[FIXED] Fixed bug in comparing drivers by date, if the option display the date format as dd/mm/yyyy.

[ADDED]  Added Hotkeys:
    Ctrl+Q - Allocation of driver packages with unidentified driver
    Ctrl+S - Select all the driver packages in the current tab

[ADDED] Added a new command-line option to run in quiet mode-s [mode] (includes-t10).
Parameter determines which packets to provide for the installation.
Option [mode] can take values for mode “Install (compatible drivers) “and Set “Install (Full - the whole) package”, respectively:
    n or n2 - Select driver packages with newer drivers.
    q or q2 - Select driver packages with unidentified driver.
    a or a2 - Select all driver packages on the tab..

[CHANGED] At the time of creating a restore point, the basic form elements are disabled.

It's not as bad as it seems, but not as good as it could be
My Site My Forum Donate Project

hi.
Great piece of soft. I'm using it all the time.

At the moment I'm trying to make polish translation.
Nearly 50% done

TeddyBeers, Thank you very much.
I am pleased that the program is spreading not only in my country

Hi guys. I am glad to present you a new version of the program.
Changes in the program very much.

Changes to the Drivers Installer Assistant [3.2.16 - Final]

[CHANGED] Optimize the speed run the program.
[CHANGED] Beginning with version 2.12.1915 program is very slow with the cd \ dvd and on the network. Now, the launch speed is almost independent of the location of the program.
[CHANGED] Fixed progress not correct behavior when loading the program.
[CHANGED] Added parameter change "Process compatible HWID (CompatibleIDs)" via the interface.
[CHANGED] Updated software DevManView to version V1.20.
[CHANGED] Updated software System Information Viewer to version V4.16.

[ADDED] For each tab running tab is added to the group of driver packages "All drayverpaki", "Update Available", "Unidentified," "Installed", "DB is not created."
[ADDED] Added full support for compatible HWID for each device on your computer. Parameter in settings.ini - [OS] CompatiblesHWID = 1
         To work correctly, you must turn off the option "Treat duplicate HWID", and then restart the program and re-create the database.
         Increases the startup time, but is required to more accurately determine the appropriate drivers.
[ADDED] Now compatible HWID searched in all the tabs for all OS. Return to the old mode of operation is possible through the setting: Section [OS] SearchCompatibleDriverOtherOS = 0
[ADDED] The program starts looking for the unknown device driver (not in the index files), and if such changes the description and the text color button "List all your hardware drivers + Search the Internet for the HWID".
         When you press this button the program displays a list of missing drivers in the database program where you can search for drivers on the Internet.
[ADDED] Added a new option for supported OS - Ignore the bit OS.
[ADDED] In the "Tools" menu added new paragraphs:
        Update the status of all driver packages (the current tab) Shift + F6
        Scan for hardware changes (the current tab) Shift + F5
[ADDED] Added a new option when the program starts: Do not handle the tab for unsupported operating systems. Parameter in settings.ini - [OS] LoadUnSupportedOS = 0
         Buttons driver packages for these operating systems will not change the status at startup, thereby reducing the startup time.
         After loading the status can be changed for each button separately (context menu) or for all tabs SHIFT + F6
[ADDED] Added ability to change the font and font color for new bookmarks via the setup program.
[ADDED] Added a hidden setting - Section [Main] option LoadIniTmpAfterRestart. If the parameter is "0", then the option is not included in the work, and if "1", the logic is as follows:
        1. When the program is a CD \ DVD settings saving program, the temporary file% temp% \ settings_dia_tmp.ini;
        2. With the positive response to a request to restart the program after saving the program will start with new settings;
        3. In the usual exit from the program a temporary configuration file is deleted.

[FIXED] Fixed a partial not delete temporary directories.
[FIXED] Considered a rare feature of the Inf-file, because of which could not get entry into the database.
[FIXED] Fixed error handling if the driver database in the database only one line.
[FIXED] Fixed incorrect behavior of the checkbox. Checkmark posed only after the item was removed from the mouse.

Last edited by Romeo91 (2011-02-19 22:07:12)

At this time in the DIA did not change as much as usual, but there are a couple of very useful. The program is now better quality picks up the driver - if there are multiple drivers for one device, then the installation will be offered to drivers approaching on the most complete code of the device.
Also, for more convenient custom installation, the program added a filter that removes from the list of currently installed drivers.
For a more comfortable work and I also realized the possibility of extracting the drivers to your chosen directory.

Changes to the Drivers Installer Assistant [3.4.12 - RC1]

[ADDED] For a custom installation added a selection of drivers in groups, "Not Installed or Disable", "Update Available", "Installed", "Older than the established."
[ADDED] Added ability to extract the driver (selected or all that apply). Available for group treatment.
[ADDED] More accurate selection of drivers. To install the driver will be offered that are matched to the fullest HWID.
[ADDED] For additional utilities added to the setup executable file for 64-bit OS. If the setting is not specified, the default is to run a file, prescribed for 32-bit OS.

[FIXED] Fixed appearance of messages at work in quiet mode.
[FIXED] There was no transfer of some elements. Fixed.

[CHANGED] Updated program DevManView to version V1.22 (Added run 64-bit version).
[CHANGED] Updated Program System Information Viewer to version V4.17 (Added run 64-bit version).
[CHANGED] Changed the checkbox element in all forms.
[CHANGED] Fixed the displacement of some elements in the form on different operating systems.
[CHANGED] Many other small fixes.

Last edited by Romeo91 (2011-04-12 19:57:19)

Please keep up the good work. Appreciate you efforts for sharing.

SPAM links removed by moderator

Hi,
Thank you for this marvelous program. big_smile

You mentioned -t can be used to run the program in silent mode within a specified time.
What are other switches please?
It'll be great if we can run your program with -help to show us all switches and parameters.

Thanks again and keep up the great work

Last edited by ccuappz (2011-05-03 06:40:11)

Hello! Use of health.
Yes, there are clues in the help they are not described, but are described in revision history.
[ADDED] Added a new command-line option to run in quiet mode-s [mode] (includes-t10).
Parameter determines which packets to provide for the installation.
Option [mode] can take values for mode “Install (compatible drivers) “and Set “Install (Full - the whole) package”, respectively:
    n or n2 - Select driver packages with newer drivers.
    q or q2 - Select driver packages with unidentified driver.
    a or a2 - Select all driver packages on the tab..

I'm in the new version will do messagebox with the command "-help" or "-h"

Thanks Romeo91,
I hope the new version will come out soon. big_smile

Is it possible to use FreeArc instead of 7zip too?
It's much faster and results in a more compact archive than 7-zip.
http://www.freearc.org

FreeArc is a modern general-purpose archiver. Main advantage of FreeArc is fast but efficient compression and rich set of features.
FreeArc works 2–5 times faster than best other compression programs.

It's worth trying the bad thing is it's in beta stage. sad
The latest alpha release can be found http://encode.ru/threads/43-FreeArc/page9999

Perhaps freearch and better, but I especially repelled by the fact that all packets are compressed 7-zip.
Please suggest a ready command line to unpack the driver packages.
At the same time and packing driver packages according to the method described in this thread - http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=4789.
I unfortunately do not have time to compare archivers

Thanks for the reply,
http://maximumcompression.com did a comparison between lots of archivers.
The comparison can be sorted in various ways Efficiency, Compression/Decompression Time and Ratios ..
You can find most efficient archivers here http://www.maximumcompression.com/data/summary_mf2.php

There's a "Fast, low-memory decompression" option in archiver which I think can help the situation ..
I'm not good at tweaking packers options, but I hope you great guys give it a try. smile

Hi Romeo91!

i'm using your software now.

I tried to translate it to Vietnamese but failed because your software isn't support unicode character. I will be happy if the next version it can support unicode.

And it's quite hard to manage the driver packs because i have to check what is new myself. I don't see any function to help me check my driver packs are the newest or not. Can you increase this function in the next release?

Your software is powerful. I love it!
Thank you!

Hi, littleghost!
Unicode is supported in the program, but partially. Not all components implemented. What exactly are you not working? can provide the created language file for testing.

With regard to your wishes to check the existence of a new driver, I do not quite understand what you mean? So the program can check the version of the driver in an existing backup

Doesn't work at all in auto with silent mode with network share for me.

wrong post...

Last edited by Damian666 (2012-09-17 21:46:49)

electropica wrote:

Doesn't work at all in auto with silent mode with network share for me.

that it does not work for you?
Any errors in the program?

I have test again on XP.
It has install video only when there is update for lan and sound too.
It like it was stopping install after LAN drivers.

command is only "-s" to make it silent, no ?

Last edited by electropica (2012-09-18 20:37:49)

Can I see a screenshot of the program at the time of the stop?

It close itself and that's all.
Here is the log file : http://bloody.spike.free.fr/debuglog_DIA.txt
Screenshot after i check devices : http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/114247Sanstitre.jpg

Works very well in manuel.

Last edited by electropica (2012-09-21 00:35:36)

Changes to the Drivers Installer Assistant [5.4.15 - Final]

! This is a summary list of the changes since the last public version 3.12.12
! Attention, renamed configuration file - now DriversInstaller.ini, instead settings.ini

GUI Changes
[CHANGED] Large restyling program appearance (changed/added many elements), expanding the program settings on registration
[CHANGED] Change progressbar systems 6.x - now the progress is displayed on taskbar
[CHANGED] Fixed displacement of some elements in the form of the different operating systems.
[CHANGED] The form of display information about the operating system in the future, this form may be filled with information.
[ADDED] The field is added to the main form with the information about the computer model/motherboard
[CHANGED] Changed dialog delete index files for non-existent driver packages
[CHANGED] Increased the height of the status bar
[CHANGED] The language files are converted to Unicode, for a correct display of text.
[ADDED] In the language files (*. Lng) added parameter that determines the code page - "Charset". This parameter is required for correct display of text in elements that are not supported Unicode. For example, Russia's code page Windows 1251, and, accordingly, "Charset = 1251".
[CHANGED] Stretching the program in full screen, after screen resolution change the program if it was less than 800x600
[CHANGED] In the settings you added bordered text fields when focused

Functional
[ADDED] Added the ability to copy to the clipboard HWID (context menu)
[ADDED] Rewrote functionality for working with the command line. To date, the program provides the following initial options:
•    "/?", "/h", "-h", "-help", "/help" - display the Help window;
•    "/Extractdll [:path]" - extract files from program to the specified directory, if a directory is specified, the recovery is a temporary location;
•    "/Regdll" - registration of software components (dll and ocx);
•    "/s[(:|=) mode]", "-s[(:|=) mode]", "-s[(:|=) mode]" - Run silent mode installation of drivers, with the ability to select selection of drivers.
Parameter [mode] can be set to mode "installation (compatible drivers)" and "Installation (Full - the whole package)," respectively:
    •    n or n2 - Select driver packages with newer drivers
    •    q or q2 - Select driver packages with unknown drivers,
    •    a or a2 - Select all driver packages to the tab can be set.
•    "/t[(:|=) time]", "-t[(:|=) time]", "-t[(:|=) time]" - time in seconds, before the start silent mode install the drivers. The default interval is 10 seconds.
[ADDED] Added functionality "Removing legacy driver packages", is available in the "Update databases".
[ADDED] Drayverpak TouchPad tested for compatibility only on laptops
[ADDED] For accurate selection of drivers for touchpad, Samlab markers introduced by producers, the right driver is located in the subfolder\%NOTEBOOK_VENDOR% _nb\
      The program analyzes the information on the laptop manufacturer and marker and make a decision on the compatibility of
      For complete support of all manufacturers of notebook and flexibility of the program, introduced support for the filter parameter %NOTEBOOK_VENDOR% and retrieval of information on the laptop manufacturer
To file DriversInstaller.Ini added a new section
[NotebookVendor]
        FilterCount = 22
        Filter_1 = 3Q;*3q*
        Filter_2 = Acer;*acer*
        Filter_3 = Alienware;*alienware*
        Filter_4 = Apple;*apple*
        Filter_5 = Asus;*asus*
        Filter_6 = BenQ;*benq*
        Filter_7 = Clevo;*clevo*
        Filter_8 = Dell;*dell*
        Filter_9 = eMachines;*emachines*
        Filter_10 = Eurocom;*eurocom*
        Filter_11 = Fujitsu;*fujitsu*
        Filter_12 = Getac;*getac*
        Filter_13 = Gigabyte;*gigabyte*
        Filter_14 = iRU;*iru*
        Filter_15 = HP;*hp*;*hewle*
        Filter_16 = Lenovo;*lenovo*
        Filter_17 = LG;*lg*
        Filter_18 = MSI;*msi*;*micro-star*
        Filter_19 = Packard;*packard* bell*
        Filter_20 = Samsung;*samsung*
        Filter_21 = Sony;*sony*;*vaio*
        Filter_22 = Toshiba;*toshiba*
    where Filter_X =%NOTEBOOK_VENDOR%; required text for information on product model, supports search mask
[FIXED] Fixed work on systems nt6 when the DEP (on Windows Server 2003 to work properly it is necessary to add a program to the exceptions DEP, until the solution is not found)
[CHANGED] Added an additional check in the formation of the restore point, as on server platforms, it does not work.
[CHANGED] Removed the obsolete driver database indexing algorithms
[CHANGED] Removed the obsolete mode "Read the drivers," now reads ever.
[CHANGED] Fixed fitting algorithm drivers if no markers in inf does not clearly indicate the version of the operating system.
[CHANGED] For information about the version of Windows is taken now by using WMI, under the old system had problems in determining the version of Windows Blue

Debug
[ADDED] Debug mode settings in a separate block of the program settings.
[ADDED] Added option "Create a log-file in the subdirectory" logs "program
[ADDED] Added the ability to create a log file with a unique name. Template file name is written in the program settings.
[ADDED] In debug mode settings added to the "Add a date and time in each line of the log file"
[CHANGED] In the setting debug mode divided the "path to log file" - now have to specify two parameters, the catalog to create a log file, and the file name pattern
[CHANGED] At the end of the debug-log added synthesis of available drivers to install, To compare the selection of drivers (more functionality added in version 5.4.4, but I was not described)

Other
[CHANGED] Slightly modified procedure of checking software upgrade, the inaccessibility of the site.
[CHANGED] Optimizing ads Api-functions
[CHANGED] Updated Ukrainian translation (thanks Lisabon)
[CHANGED] Updated Czech translation (Thanks Tron - Marek Pavlik)
[CHANGED] Updated other language files
[CHANGED] Updated program DevManView to version V1.30
[CHANGED] Updated Program System Information Viewer to version V4.35
[CHANGED] Many other minor fixes.

Romeo91 wrote:
FenyX wrote:

Does Driver Installer Assistant allow us to generate database from already uncompressed drivers for users to save some time if they have no disk space problem ? For example in case of use from a USB key...

With uncompressed drivers it's not able to work. But the idea of implementing such a possibility for me with the very first version. To say when it will be realized, I do too, I can not.

Hi! Can you please tell me if it's possible to use the uncompressed drivers and how to do that? Thanks.

deejay4angels wrote:

Hi! Can you please tell me if it's possible to use the uncompressed drivers and how to do that? Thanks.

At the moment I'm working on it. One of these days will be a test version with this functionality. If you want to test the software, I ask on a forum of the project (see signature), where it will be released a test version

Thanks Romeo

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Your website, linked in the original post, is redlining a number of AV systems, including Kaspersky and Bitdefender. Just advising in case you are not aware, that it is being blocked by these apps as malware.

(not the application itself - your home page for the project).

Just letting you know, you might want to attend to this.

BTW, thanks for a great system. I have been using in my repair center for several months and very happy with it in all respects. Stable, reliable, effective. Thankyou.

Jim