Topic: DELL Intel Video Controller not fully installing (Unless I use nLite)

I really really really don't want to use nLite for slipping drivers, its so bulky and increases transfer times significantly.

Here's my situation. I setup a Linux based RIS server for installing Windows XP. The install goes smooth as can be and even the driverpacks extract and install just fine, except for the graphics drivers. the drivers appear to install, but when you hit up the device manager, the video controller is marked with and exclamation point. At this point, if you right click and update the driver automatically (not using update), it finishes installing and works fine. I can't have this happening on every machine, and so far its happening on all Dell intel gpus so far.

My current work-around is to slipstream the gfx drivers straight into the source with nlite, as much as I hate it, it works. The drivers install without a hitch, albeit it takes much longer to download the files.

So I guess what I need to know is if this is a known problem (I've searched to no avail) and if there is anything I can do about it.

I know my information provided is sparse, but I could really write a novel on what I've done so far, and I'd rather answer a few pointed questions than give you my RIS life story.

Just a pertinent fact, here's what I did to my install source as of right now: Extracted from Dell CD --> Ryans RVM --> nLite (gfx drivers and a couple tweaks) --> Driverpacks

Re: DELL Intel Video Controller not fully installing (Unless I use nLite)

just supply the requested info...

"Read BEFORE you post" AKA Rule #0. you had to agree you read this to join.
It is also linked in my signature.
(The pointed questions have already been provided to you in advance)
If your memory is as bad as mine you can click the "rules" link on the top menu and look at what you agreed to again. here is the first four lines.

Less is more: no extensive rules. Simply act responsible.
Here are some helpful tips to help you with 'acting responsible'.

0. Read this BEFORE you post.

Be absolutely sure you read that BEFORE you post.

You got most of them by accident... but you missed the most important sections of rule #0: #4 and #5 : 
IE - Pack and BASE versons used, DPs_BASE.log - DPsFnshr.log related parts of setupapi.log, HWIDS.

All the stuff that we ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE to help you... and that we requested (begged) you to provide in your first post.

We don't need a novel... just the stuff we list in "Read BEFORE you post" (maybe we need a better name for it, hmmmm) wink  tongue

Welcome to DriverPacks, looking forward to assisting you.

PS you nailed #6 Good job on that big_smile

PSS Driverpacks are not designed to be used with winnt32.exe based setup... how did you address that issue?

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Re: DELL Intel Video Controller not fully installing (Unless I use nLite)

cdusseau wrote:

Extracted from Dell CD --> Ryans RVM --> nLite (gfx drivers and a couple tweaks) --> Driverpacks

Well I can see two problems right from the start. 
1) You need to start with an untouched XP source.  Dell makes significant changes to their install source which makes it "tainted" from our point of view. GIGO (Garbage In, Garbage Out).
2) We do NOT support nlite (neither do they).  Please stop using nlite, it makes a mess of your source.

For the purposes of us trying to fix the problem with our DriverPacks, follow our testing advice.  Clean XP source.  Use only recommended tools (RVMi, DriverPacks BASE).  Provide us feedback at each stage so we can nail this down.

HWIDs?
DPs_BASE.log?

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!