Topic: Driverpacks rollup torrent?

Do you plan to offer one rollup torrent of all recent XP/2k3 driverpacks?  Starting 12 seperate torrents when I need everything seems silly.

Re: Driverpacks rollup torrent?

Probably not.  We don't update all the DriverPacks at the same time. 
We'll take your idea under advisement though.
Welcome to DriverPacks! smile

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Thanks for the reply! I have been using driverpacks pretty much since the whole idea of packing drivers into windows installations started over at that razors guys site?  Can't remember the name.  Long time lurker, happy to be a part of the process.

as far as i know Wim Leers pioneered the idea at MSFN under the nickname Bâshrat the Sneaky. He was told it was not possable and was laughed almost off the forum... till he made it work.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Yep, that's the story smile

And bradgillap, no, we won't provide a "single torrent that contains all DriverPacks", because now we get a nice amount of seeders for each DriverPack, it would be significantly less for such a "combo pack". Also, we do like the fact that we get *some* page views, since that results in *some* AdSense revenue, which helps pay the server bills.

There is however an archive with *all* .torrent files for all DriverPacks available via BitTorrent, right here: http://driverpacks.net/donate
It's intended to make it easy for people to add new seedboxes (just read the "Donate bandwidth" section right there). That might be useful for you smile

You can automate the downloading of new DriverPacks by writing a script that automatically fetches that archive and extracts it to a directory that your BitTorrent client is watching.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Well, before i start a new thread, why not posting here, it's a similar "question" , i dont like to click every driverpacks link into and copy/paste the download BT link.

is there no option to get at one time all the recent BT download links so i can push into my orbit downloader and download them in one step one by one ,

It's like my request of getting the MD5 hashes in one list at one time , this was also approved. so why not approve my above request ;-)

regards
raum

raummusik wrote:

Well, before i start a new thread, why not posting here, it's a similar "question" , i dont like to click every driverpacks link into and copy/paste the download BT link.

is there no option to get at one time all the recent BT download links so i can push into my orbit downloader and download them in one step one by one ,

It's like my request of getting the MD5 hashes in one list at one time , this was also approved. so why not approve my above request ;-)

regards
raum

The answer is just above your post smile wink

This is the relevant part of what I said:

There is however an archive with *all* .torrent files for all DriverPacks available via BitTorrent, right here: http://driverpacks.net/donate
It's intended to make it easy for people to add new seedboxes (just read the "Donate bandwidth" section right there). That might be useful for you

You can automate the downloading of new DriverPacks by writing a script that automatically fetches that archive and extracts it to a directory that your BitTorrent client is watching.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

I checked today the torrents.tar.gz file with all the latest files. Would it be possible to change those OS descriptions to one proper format :

wnt5_x86
wnt6_x64
wnt6-x86 (reason why wnt6-x86 and not wnt6_x86 ? )

to have quickly the latest packages i would like to have some included .batch file which auto-deletes the older packages , instead of sorting a-z and manually marking/deleting the older numbers. also numbers with 5-digits are going to the end e.g. :

so you cant sort a-z and delete just the latest , you always have to keep an eye on this.

another request : instead of putting all into one folder, what about some /latest folder, or e.g. wnt5_x86 , wnt6_x86 , wnt6_x64  folders ?

anyone could explain what difference between audio_  package and sound_x  packages ? Also found some typos in filenames , some are DP_Monitor, some DP_Monitors

also that one has typo : DP_CardReaders_x64_911.  , instead of wnt6_x64 ?

regards
ben