Topic: nvidia MCP67 ethernet driver

I was forced to remove Vista and install XP (long story) and, of course, removed all the drivers with the formatting.  I can't re-install my broadband software because it doesn't recognize the ethernet connection because it doesn't have a driver. UGH. The wireless connection still works so I am able to use my son's netbook to access downloads and transfer them to the work station.  I downloaded "unknown device identifier" and it told me I have a Nvidia MCP67 Ethernet controller.  However, every driver I find is for Vista.  Is there one that works for XP?  My workstation was thrown together by a grad student and has no manufacturer or model number to reference.  Any ideas where to find a driver that works?

Re: nvidia MCP67 ethernet driver

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us

First of all thank you very much for your quick reply!

I followed the link and it asked me for the product type.  I have no answer unfortunately.  None of the choices listed match what was shown on my device identifier.  Not being an IT professional, I'm afraid I am only as good as the info this program gives me.  It says, "Chip: Nvidia MCP67 Ethernet".  It lists a PcplD expandable item, but I'm thinking that only tells me where the part is located.  The other + lists don't offer any more information than I've listed above.  I hate to be such a problem, but is there a way to find the product type?

try this...

Download DriverPacks BASE from our homepage / downloads...

get the driverpacks from the update checker page...

select "Stand Alone Drivers" (SAD) and "browse button" to a location you can find (my documents or desktop?) select M2 and hit "slipstream"

find the newly created DriverPacks.net folder and run DP_Inst_Tool.cmd...

is your device now happy? If it is you have discovered the power of SAD.

I hope that helps

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

What motherboard do you have? (make, series, version, etc)
What HWID does your device have? (use the HWID tool in my signature).
Have you followed the advice in this FAQ entry? http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=4422
Have you tried using DriverPacks at all (like OverFlow suggested)?

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Just got home from work and have run the download and followed the instructions right up to the "choose M2" part of Overflow's directions.  I'm in the "set location of platform" menu, have chosen "stand alone drivers" and opened "browse".  I chose the desktop, closed out of it, but can't find where I should have chosen M2.  Hate to be a pain, sorry.

Did some more searching and figured you must have meant Method 2 (DUH, sorry) and chose it, clicked "slipstream" and it finished in 0 seconds because I had no packs selected. Still working on how to select from the list.  All of the choices are shadowed and won't let me choose them.

In my digging I found in the log file lines that read, "could not detect any (official) DriverPacks" and "could not detect any 3rd party DriverPacks for wnt5_x86-32".  My guess is this isn't good.

I'm finally getting the blood to the brain and realized that when I chose the desktop from the browse menu, I hadn't actually chosen a "settings" file or an .ini file.  Looked around and couldn't find it.  Any ideas where that might be?  Was it part of the download or is it somewhere in my hard drive?

you skipped a step...

get the DriverPacks from the update checker page...

the selections won't be greyed out once you download the packs wink

the settings file is automatic... don't give it a second thought big_smile.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

My sincere apologies!  I had to go out of town and was unable to continue our conversation.  I am still having difficulties unfortunately.  I believe my problem stems from the fact that my workstation is unable to connect to the internet because the ethernet driver is missing/unavailable and I can't update my driver because I can't connect to the internet.  I've tried following the steps listed above using my son's netbook and a stick drive then transferring everything over.  It appears to be trying to put the drivers from the netbook onto the workstation.  Is that true?  I also apologize for my frustration.  This computer runs the software for my husband's business and things are a little tense.  I appreciate all your help!!!