Topic: Bug/Feature? DPs_BASE wipes out my DPs_BASE.ini...

If the directory that I pointed DPs_BASE to in the last run is gone, the DPs_BASE.ini file gets wiped out along with all my settings.

I've been using Driverpacks long enough that I generally remember to backup my config file, but today I didn't.

It's not a HUGE bug, but it's annoying sometimes.  The simplest fix is probably to make a backup (or 2, or 3) of the .ini file before overwriting it.

Thanks!

Re: Bug/Feature? DPs_BASE wipes out my DPs_BASE.ini...

the settings are saved (or overwritten) when you hit slipstream.

You may copy the INI as a backup.
You can use the "Export Settings" button on the "Overview Page" also.

You can load a saved settings file on the "Start Page" with the  " Load settings file... 'BROWSE' " button.

That seems simple enough to me smile... do you have a suggestion / alternative? or did you just need to vent wink.

Welcome back WolverineFan

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Heh.  Mostly just venting.  The INI in my case seems to get overwritten on EXIT of DPs_BASE (even if I didn't hit slipstream).

I don't think I ever thought to check if the INI was still around BEFORE panicking and clicking "exit" so now I know, back up the file before I exit.

Unrelated, but where are the nightly builds these days?  The old URL I've been using has been down for a few weeks.  I've been running with DPs_BASE 100401 and it's been really solid, and I was checking to see if there might be another beta build.

i am working oin the head revision in my spare time... very soon... I agree the 10.x BASE seems really solid it will probably be a Release Candidate (RC) version I feel confident that it is solid but i want to address a few reported issues before going final. namely the reset of pack selections when the updatechecker is run, a note with the mass storage textmode selection to make it more noob friendly, adding a note on the downloads page that the packs are all NT5 ONLY... silly stuff mostly but improvements none the less. (It's rare that we cater to people who fail to RTFM but the implementations were so simple i could not refuse wink.

We ahve been having issues with the nightly server, sorry! It seems related to FireFox so try it with IE if you haven't wink.

Yes settings are saved on exit too wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Jeff -

I took your suggestion of trying IE to get to the nightlies, instead of Firefox, and it worked.

I see y'all are using PORT 20 at that IP address, and FF complains that it is a non-standard port for web browsing.

While I'm sure you already knew that, perhaps you could enlighten me as to the nature of this configuration.

Thanks again for providing access to these nightlies. It makes us Leading Edgers happy to try new stuff.

Your mods to DP_BASE will only make a great utility even better. Thank YOU for your work in that regard.

Best wishes from warm and muggy Atlanta, GA.

MARK STRELECKI

they guy who is hosting the FTP site is using port 80 for some software that he needs.

It's really hard to turn down super easy user requests like "can you add three words to the GUI"...
On the other hand it's almost painful for me to do it when i know the answer is in bold print in the Tutorial or on the main site. tongue

Ultimately... agreeing to add a few words to make them go away is MUCH easier than trying to explain to them how many languages are supported and that most likely only the english text will ever be updated smile. (implied people who speak other languages are much smarter and more diligent. they don't need their hands held because they are to lazy to read the freaking manual. tongue)

a perfect example of this is here http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=4541