Topic: [IMPL] Realtek RTL8187B Wireless

You have talked about here: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?pid=18360
from USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8198&REV_0200

Many of the new Toshiba L300 or P300 Series uses this id: USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8197&REV_0200
wich isnt in any actual DP.

After long research I  found following driver directly from tohsiba which has this 2 HardwareIDs in the inf.
http://rapidshare.com/files/172475801/d … B.exe.html

Hope that helps!!

BTW, is there any program i can check if signing is broken, whitout installing the driver?

Last edited by predator2003 (2008-12-12 06:55:49)

Re: [IMPL] Realtek RTL8187B Wireless

Hi predator2003,

first off, welcome. I recieved email.
I wanted to look up what you had posted in the past, and see you are coming from the woodwork out, which is pretty much what we ask our users should do so you can help us help you.

How do we check wether signing is broken?
First.. How do we know that a driver is MSFT WHQL signed? The vendor download site either claims it is, or it doesn't.
The INF has txt in it, and that "may" give you an idea, but most often won't.
(besides that, when you edit the INF, signing can break.)

There IS a way to see wether original download was signed by MSFT..
Rightclick the driver.CAT file, click tab for properties.
Then click the tab for digital signature.
If you see microsoft in there, it was submitted to the quality labs and got an approval.
(Which unfortunately... Which doesn't mean it will happily work alongside its older kin and variants.)

I personally think that the signed driver got tested on the hardware it had to work on, and does not crash with the supplied hardware.
However, we have been telling the world (and I am trying to tell MSFT) that OEM driver writers have created an impossible situation which is of interest to EVERYBODY doing roll-outs on different machines.
(Hey, not always "wildly" different. Example. A few weeks ago I saw an Nvidia driver for a Geforce 6600 would not correctly work on a different brand Geforce 6600.)

We hope to not have to break signing when we have to work around issues, and tell people they can edit DriverPacks (or even create their own private build) to fill their own need.

by the way, your English might be easier on people than mine. smile

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Hy thanks for the anwers, i always look for signed drivers for the notebooks before i edit some driver inf's.
It's very difficult to find signed drivers for notebooks that are officially only supports vista.
Many people in our store want xp instead of vista, i think many people here too.

So before i edit infs for support of hardware i often research few days if i have time.
Sometimes it's very hard to find exotic drivers.

I am very happy to be able to support this great community.

It would be nice to here from you...

Last edited by predator2003 (2008-12-21 14:14:41)

Hi,
Helmi speaks German.

You know, i like you.
Long time ago (in 1977, if you must know), i wrote my first attempt in English and had my friend look at it.
I had not had English at School, and used lower case i in the middle of sentence.
Had I not been told then, I would still use i when I should use I for i.
I also wrote in a poor grammatical style back then, and still do.
I blame that on my Flemishness.

English by ear. You do fine.
In writing, not quite, because ear and ere sound the same to the ear here.
Back then, in 77, I decided to learn the basics. I got to a library and got me longmans simplified English novels.
I used a dictionary, and paid attention to spelling. I never much mastered advanced English grammar, but, hey, I can play by ear.

What I am saying, sir, is that you can learn and you shall not be embarrassed when you ask to have fine points explained you.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I asked OverFlow he look at your user status, and I hope he will give you access to testing team.

You will find there is a steep learning curve, and a lot of reading to do.
(the more interesting posts are about dissemination of files like dosnet.inf and txtsetup.sif.. and those are from over two years ago.)

Last edited by Jaak (2008-12-21 18:39:35)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Ignorance is encouraged, rudeness is not. smile
Admitting your ignorance, you open the door for education. "I don't know how to do this", "well, let me teach you then".

To verify signatures on a RUNNING XP system, click 'Start'->'Run', then type "sigverif" (without quotes) which will launch the signature verification tool, then click 'Start'.
To verify signatures in a FOLDER using SigVerif.exe, launch it as above, then click 'Advanced', 'Browse' to your folder, click 'Include subfolders', then 'OK'.

Enjoy. smile

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Cool tip mr_smartepants, well done...
as always big_smile

@predator2003
Your post was very well done with, a good title, nice details, and links. thank you!
i would like to point out that we would prefer to have a link to where you got the driver rather than a rapidshare or other similar system. by getting the driver directly ourselves we can eliminate problems and additional effort for everyone. wink

Testing team access granted based on Jaak's nomination!
- Welcome to the team!

Please note that a new forum is now available to you on the index page.

Have a great day

Jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I've added the Toshiba branding of Realtek 8187B drivers to D\W\TO directory, so that the editing of the original Realtek net8187b.inf is no longer needed.
Predator2003, I'll send you an email with the download link, please test an report back here.

predator2003 wrote:

BTW, is there any program i can check if signing is broken, whitout installing the driver?

mr_smartepants wrote:

To verify signatures on a RUNNING XP system, click 'Start'->'Run', then type "sigverif" (without quotes) which will launch the signature verification tool, then click 'Start'.
To verify signatures in a FOLDER using SigVerif.exe, launch it as above, then click 'Advanced', 'Browse' to your folder, click 'Include subfolders', then 'OK'.

I found a tool, that is much better than sigverif.exe, since it does not require that the driver to be verified is installed. It is signtool.exe which can among other things be used to verify the signature of file(s) that have not yet installed. A complete description can be found here at MSDN. This file is part of the Windows SDK which can be downloded here. The download ratio to get this file of 110kB is about 1:10000 since the SDK is a DVD imgae of about 1,3GB, but I don't know an other source.

The usage to verify if <file> is valid signed by <catfile> for WinXP is:

signtool verify /o 2:5.1.2600 /c <catfile> <file>

ThX JSe

that's pretty cool
this week i' on holiday's but i will test it. :-)