Topic: [IMPL] Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family

Will these drivers ever be included in the pack?

Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
   Chipset INF Update Utility - v8.3.1.1009
   Graphics Media Accelerator Driver - v14.33.1
   RAID-AHCI Matrix Storage Manager - v7.8.0.1012

How can I create a "mini"-DriverPack including these drivers only?

Re: [IMPL] Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family

Hi
The DriverPack Chipset with latest intel (officially released by intel a day or so ago) (We also keep all the older ones!) will release soon.

The DriverPack MassStorage with latest officially released AHCI is in testing and should make it to release soon.

I don't know from heart about the GPU. We have uploaded a DriverPack Graphics B and DriverPack Graphics C for testing. The links are in graphics forum.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 323#p21323

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=2747

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 393#p21393

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Hi Jaak,

apparently I forgot to subscribe to this post. I think it would be nice to have two options in the forum preferences like:
* automatically subscribe to the topics I start;
* automatically subscribe to the topics in which I post a message.

Anyway, thanks for your answer smile So I will try using those other testpacks too and will tell you how it went...

Last edited by krige (2008-06-05 18:46:32)

unfurtunately those options are not supported by PunBB (our software)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

link to public testpack for chipset is here

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=2698

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I have tried the chipset and mass storage driver testpacks and everything worked fine, except that the system doesn't recover properly from the standby nor from the hibernation: that is a black screen appears and a shutdown is required to make the system work again. Should I report it in more details somewhere else?

Last edited by krige (2008-06-10 06:28:16)

Hi Krige,

I too am currently suffering from this same issue on a HP 6710b.  What I'm going to try (once I get off the phone with HP on another matter) is to try the HP supplied drivers.  I believe that HP (and others) tweak the generic Intel drivers which driverpacks installs to suit their needs.  If this works I'll report back, but I believe a similar problem occurs with the "generic" Laptop graphic drivers.

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/Av2BDsDf_iiqO8a4dpI49DKicUs_0zEQtEPcTGyCqV4/perpetual:forever/userbar/tester-1.png

On a mission to re-educate users the Clue stick way!

Hi unseen,

I have to say though that the system wasn't affected by this problem when I used the official chipset driver pack, which at the moment doesn't include the drivers mentioned in my first message of this topic, in conjunction with the ones downloaded from the Intel web site.

see you guys always compalining about wanting the latest drivers in the packs then they cause instability.

that is why we say dont ask for them. We must test them first wink

i will take stable over current every time... wink 
which is not to say we don't want to be current. We do.
just let some other poor shlub work out the bugs for us first ;P 
Then we add them... after they are tested and known good .

this is the same reason we do not include beta or leaked drivers.

let us know what you did to resolve this so we can update the packs for everyone.

Thanks for reporting the issues it makes DriverPacks better for everone.
you guys are DriverPacks heros of the day...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

hehe.. we get unnofficial testers reporting on test versions, and they start helping us by helping those with same problem.

(And, by GOD, Krige had to be shown the lights, but he learns this quite fast..).
Compare the results like a scientist would.
If you can use same Same hardware, and if on this hardware there were NO problems with officially released DriverPacks, and there are issues with a new testpack testbuild we want to KNOW.

Of course we want to know about issues about officially released DriverPacks, and we want to know what you did to fix the issue (which driver you used to solve the issue, a link to it..)

I have often said I like to use the NOOB approach.
When I have to test a DriverPacks testpack, I run a live test on a testplank I know I had issues with.
It goes live with an autopartition, autoformat, and 22 minutes later I know about 'holes' or "whole".

after I see 'whole", do not think I don't look further. I run the testplank through tests (but I don't always use hibernation.. I don't buy laptops for testing. I test on the hardware I have available and I kept quite a few difficult 'crapola' motherboards to test on.
((which means I am in breach of an agreement. We asked the testers they do NOT personally invest in testing materials..))

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Ok, here follows a more detailed explanation:

I downloaded the official chipset driver pack and used nLite to integrate it with a Windows XP installation disk (initially I wasn't aware of the testpacks and I wasn't aware of DriverPacks BASE either). The disk didn't work with my hardware because during installation I got the error "Setup did not find any hard disk drives".

After doing a little research I discovered the problem was due to the lacking of the "Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family" drivers in the chipset driver pack, so I downloaded them from the Intel web site  (I saved them here), and integrated them into another installation disk with nLite. Then the installation process went through and was successful.

I had many problems with other devices back then, but I clearly remember the standby and hibernation were working fine.

What else can I do to help you find the problem?

I have just noticed I actually had two chipset testpacks in the DriverPacks BASE "DriverPacks" subfolder:

+ DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_806A_PUBLIC.7z
+ DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_80604.7z

DriverPacks BASE picked up only the first of the two during the integration.

I have tried again integrating only the following testpack:

but the result is unfortunately the same. The system doesn't recover properly from the standby nor from the hibernation: a black screen appears and a shutdown is required to make the system work again.

What kind of addon cards and/or "off the motherboard" hardware is in your system?

Some hardware just does not like standby/hibernation and will not recover; the result is often a hung system.

Last edited by newsposter (2008-06-13 02:24:08)

newsposter wrote:

What kind of addon cards and/or "off the motherboard" hardware is in your system?
Some hardware just does not like standby/hibernation and will not recover; the result is often a hung system.

This is the list of my hardware generated with PC Wizard, in case it can be of any help. I doubt it's an hardware problem because, as I wrote earlier, when I used the drivers downloaded from the Intel web site the standby and hibernation worked fine.

krige wrote:

I have tried again integrating only the following testpack:

but the result is unfortunately the same. The system doesn't recover properly from the standby nor from the hibernation: a black screen appears and a shutdown is required to make the system work again.

I think your Problem not releated to Chipset DriverPack ,

Ms has released  KB951126

"A multiprocessor computer that is running a Microsoft Windows operating system stops responding on a black screen after you resume the computer from hibernation "

Link  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951126

waleed_wwn wrote:

Ms has released  KB951126

"A multiprocessor computer that is running a Microsoft Windows operating system stops responding on a black screen after you resume the computer from hibernation "

I don't think it's related to that: the Windows XP installation disk which I used has the Service Pack 3 integrated, and the hotfix for KB951126 is included.

I have found out the problem was not due to the chipset driver but to the graphics one.

See this topic for the solution.

Last edited by krige (2008-06-16 04:12:53)

Hello I new to this and I really want to dual boot my vista with xp. I have a hp pavilion dv6700 and I am at a loss as to what driver or driver packs on the site would work with my laptop.

we dont use per machine setups... we belive in one install disk to support all machines.
add all the packs with DriverPacks BASE and you should have no problems (that is how it is set up to work)

My System is slow after installing vista.. how to make it fast. i have core 2 duo and 2GB RAM.

2gig of ram is not enough to run vista... get at least another 2 gig.. or downgrade to xp