Topic: Dell Optiplex 170L

I run the auto installer on one of these after using a generic XP SP3(With Chipset and Network drivers nlited in) disc first thing when I get into Windows, and I always have to go to the Windows Update to get the Video driver to recognize...not a huge deal, but would be cool if squeezed in a future update :^)

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2572&SUBSYS_017A1028&REV_02\3&172E68DD&0&10

From WU
Driver Update for Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller

Re: Dell Optiplex 170L

Intel released a new GFX pack on Feb 1st, version 14.37.1.5029.

The pack makers here usually get to the big three (Intel, Nv, AMD) driver sources within a week or 10 days.

Patience, Grasshopper (heh).

Last edited by newsposter (2009-02-13 07:37:58)

Wasn't so much a "Latest" driver issue....the one from Windows Update says released in 05...so just looking for working after a DP_Install_Tool.cmd run. I get the Yellow Triangle of Doom in the Device Manager after a run right now is all. Like I said...not a huge deal, just posted more for information purposes.

Yeah I know *exactly* what you are referring to in regards to the Dell driver. The driver pushed through Windows Update is an oem of intel graphics specifically for dell and perhaps looks for a specific HWID or other identifier. In my case, the later Intel branded drivers work, but the driver still gets flagged in Windows Update.

DPinst does not work as well as integrateing the drivers with base.

If it is possable i recomend you use DriverPacks not nLite or DPInst. I realize this is not always possable but it is prefered since it works so much better wink big_smile

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Your HWID is the only one still active in DriverPack Graphics B\I6\.  All the other HWIDs are commented out so it won't conflict with other drivers. 
The Intel driver newsposter mentioned doesn't include yours...sorry.
In fact, your HWID is the only reason I keep \I6\ around in the DriverPacks.  It's not supported in any other Intel download.
If WU/MU shows a driver newer than 2005, please let me know.  I have a tool you can use to extract the newer drivers (if found).

BTW, the reason you get the "Yellow Triangle of Doom" is because I hacked up the .inf and driver signing is broken.  You wouldn't see that if you integrated these DriverPacks into your source, only when you run DPinst from the desktop.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

mr_smartepants wrote:

Your HWID is the only one still active in DriverPack Graphics B\I6\.  All the other HWIDs are commented out so it won't conflict with other drivers. 
The Intel driver newsposter mentioned doesn't include yours...sorry.
In fact, your HWID is the only reason I keep \I6\ around in the DriverPacks.  It's not supported in any other Intel download.
If WU/MU shows a driver newer than 2005, please let me know.  I have a tool you can use to extract the newer drivers (if found).

BTW, the reason you get the "Yellow Triangle of Doom" is because I hacked up the .inf and driver signing is broken.  You wouldn't see that if you integrated these DriverPacks into your source, only when you run DPinst from the desktop.

Good to know...next CD I make will integrate that...now to figure out why I have no sound and no yellow triangles...

Love the work here...thanks a lot ;^)