Topic: smartcard and misc drivers packs

HI

I think that some drivers in smartcard driverpack are similar to misc driverpack

Why don't make one pack ??

Last edited by abdou (2008-12-31 05:44:46)

Re: smartcard and misc drivers packs

Huh?
I guess you wanted to write that smartcard DP overlaps with MISC DP (and not smartcard itself) wink

Anyway, I guess the reason may lay with the different contributors.
If there's a lot of overlapping, the packs could be merged, IMO.
If you strip off the overlapping ones there may not be much left in one pack, I guess.

I can't find the DP_SmartCardReader and DP_Input anymore. Have they been merged with some other pack?

http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.com/wnt5_x86-32/

Hi

RogueSpear wrote:

20081019 - Updated

I noticed there was large amount of duplication between DP Misc and DP SmartCardReader.  And a good deal of the drivers in SmartCardReader were out of date.  I had originally intended to update both DriverPacks, but it was becoming too complex and I began to wonder why biometric readers were in Misc instead of SmartCardReader.  And would it be appropriate to call it SmartCardReader when there are other authentication security devices included.  In the end I went with keeping it simple and to the point.

I intended on including all of the different Gem based drivers in this release - and then I accidentally deleted the directory.  My recovery attempts didn't go so well, so their inclusion will have to wait until the next update.

So SmartCard are now in Misc and Input in HID.

So SmartCard are now in Misc and Input in HID I think.

yes, it's right, but there was some bugs in Misc driverpack (check official topic)

Well it's nothing major and this pack is better then the old ones. They are mostly request not bugs, I'm sure you can manage to fill the request yourself or at least try.