Topic: How to insert DP's into XP? Acronis True Image with Universal Restore

Hi guys,

I'm using an Acronis Image of Windows XP, which I've built (and keep updated) thru a VMWare virtual machine with all Windows updates, programs installed, settings as I want them etc.

Universal Restore acts like an unattended setup in that it can be deployed to any new machine with different hardware (seems much easier to me than an unattended setup). When deploying the image it runs thru the HAL stages and installs any new drivers required for the different hardware. It also handles the new SID as well as usernames, domains etc.

My question is - is there a way I can incorporate the DP's into the already installed Windows XP within the VM? This way I can keep the image up to date with the newest drivers. Is it as easy as extracting them all into a system folder?

Thanks in advance!
Sol

Last edited by solyxius (2007-10-21 13:03:19)

Re: How to insert DP's into XP? Acronis True Image with Universal Restore

you're not alone, it's something i've been meaning to try myself; will give it a serious look this weekend.

Last edited by DigeratiPrime (2007-11-01 12:03:25)

Shuttle XPC SN68SG2 | AMD X2 4000 (Brisbane) | Gigabyte 8600GT | 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 | Samsung SH-S203B | Samsung HD501LJ |

Anyone have a working acronis univeral restore PE Plugin ??

HiAll
I use Acronis True Image (with Universal Restore) for make universal image of operating system for next fast install this on other computers. And I ran into problem in sata drivers. Operating system not works on sata controllers, that WinXP don't know. Universal Restore didn't help me, gave me mistake as "Can't integrate driver into Win", after this window WinXP doesn't load (on sata).
Question. Can we integrate sata and other drivers in works windows, or in image.
or
is there a way I can incorporate the DP's into the already installed Windows XP withOUT the VM? (quote solyxius)

Last edited by art (2008-01-19 21:29:26)

my english is bad:). If i'll mistake, correct me pls.

not to an existing image (at least not an easy way)
however if you were to create your image with a source to which you have added DriverPacks mass storage text mode.
then your windows will natively support sata (and scsi)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I know that, but i need integrate drivers into installed windows, not distributive (If I have correctly understood you), because new windows has many subquality work, requiring alteration.

OverFlow, if I've not correctly understood you, describe widly your previous post pls

Last edited by art (2008-01-19 21:48:48)

my english is bad:). If i'll mistake, correct me pls.

see the news page art we may have a solution for you now...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

I looked at the news pages and don't see what your referring to OverFlow.
I'm another DP lover that wants to update the drivers on my Aconis image, any and all help appreciated

SAD - Stand Alone Drivers (to be renamed SoFI - Software First Installer)