Topic: [REQ] Intel LAN v17.1a drivers

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ … ldID=21228

Last edited by Fragbert (2012-06-08 09:36:59)

Re: [REQ] Intel LAN v17.1a drivers

PreRelease drivers should not ever be in an officialy released pack...
they are supposed to be for testing only... I am sorry...
Thanks fragbert we will get that fixed -
Nice Catch! and thanks for reporting it...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I have undone the 13.0.1 which was (I admit) released as part of a quick fix by me. But the 13.0.1 was not properly checked by me. I was in the belief it was a checked driver.

We will have to find out whether Dan M's Bart PE fix for the DELL OEM 'intel' version is broken because of the undoing.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

OK now intel has official WHQL 13.0.1 drivers

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ … ldID=13478

I'm the one who added the Intel 13.01 drivers and they were WHQL and taken from Intel website. They were not leaked from you know where, so if there is an issue, don't be sorry big_smile

Last edited by JakeLD (2008-05-31 16:22:32)

After some investigations on the official 13.01, I found that the generic HWID (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10BD) of your card was duplicated in e1e5132.inf and e1e6032.INF.  They have their respective SYS file as well.

JakeLD wrote:

After some investigations on the official 13.01, I found that the generic HWID (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10BD) of your card was duplicated in e1e5132.inf and e1e6032.INF.  They have their respective SYS file as well.

Yes, noticed this right off the bat on the official ones - wheras the old 10BD instance would not install on Q35's and would throw an unsigned driver on a 965 and x38 board.

Hi
e1e6032.INF is for Vista and server 2008 32 bit versions.
It sure looks like we can drop the i3\folder into the bitbin.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Then I will update the test pack.

Updated! Link now goes to WHQL 13.1.1 drivers.

It says only for intel motherboards (wrong) and for 10/100 only (wrong again). What is up with intel's silly labeling of their own drivers?

Also, not many actual drivers are updated in this package from the last 13.0.1 release.

Last edited by Fragbert (2008-08-03 04:08:19)

Actually, Intel updated pretty much ALL of their drivers in the past 10 days.

Audio, LAN, GMA, Chipset, Wireless, and HECI.

Everything was released to support motherboards using the new 4 and 5 series chipsets, but there are new dlls in there for older gear as well.

There are three different driver packages for Audio (newer chips, older ships, OEM'd Reaktek chips) and two different packages for GMA adapters (older and newer chips).

Last edited by newsposter (2008-08-04 08:23:26)

Done.

http://driverpacks.sytes.net/driverpack … 32_808B.7z

Last edited by JakeLD (2008-08-04 12:41:19)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Filter_ … p;lang=eng

there are going to be lots of intel updates si9nce thier new chipsets roll out in June normaly

june july and august are riddled with updates and patches every year...

i keep trying to tell you guys to wait till the dust settles. but it is your time to waste wink .

I prefer stable packs -
the first intel drivers that roll out in june / july never are...
just as they were not this year... and will not be next year.

NEWER is NOT always BETTER... and more often than not it is worse.

if a drive is up for a month or more and doesn't get patched then it is starting to look good for us...
we could certainly put every release in a nightly but that just makes our hardowrking team members chase thier tails adding drivers with bugs only to have to redo this work a week later when  the patches roll out for the reported bugs.

Stable is prefered to current every time.

Most of the time the people who want the newer driver dont even know WHY they want it.
IE they dont have a probvlem with the existing driver AND they dont even know what teh new driver does that the old one didn't

for 80% of the requests they just want to see the higher version number - or to be able to brag that they saw it first...
If you are not suffereing from a problem with the old driver what is the rush to get the new one?

the driver is not miraculusly going to double your pc's speed or fix that pesky memory leak or add 50% to your frame rate in that particular game or in the case of this one its not gooing to reduce your ping time to the server.

so really waht you want us to do is
take a rock solid version of the driver and replace it with one that may be bugged
and you want us to do this for no good reason what so ever - or perhaps for no reason at all

Chill out on the requests for drivers we know when they are there (and we knew before you did)

we will let you know when a driver is ready for the packs.

have a nice day

PS i realize the three of you have been here a while and i luv you guys... your not who i wrote this for wink
i think it is better i slip this in here than to blast a noob with it big_smile

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

v13.1.2 out

Hey everyone again! I can't believe I'm being talked about on the interweb wink thanks Jaak!

I'm having a problem with the Dell 755's again. Same network card (the dreaded 82566DM-2) some models work with with my BartPE fix, some don't. Here is the HWID of the one from the batch that is giving me an issue.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10BD&SUBSYS_02111028&REV_02\3&172E68DD&0&C8: Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection

I'm using the DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_809B.7z pack. I'm going to try some tinkering but just seeing if anyone has any ideas before I try to reinvent the wheel.

Last edited by xdanmeyerx (2008-09-20 03:09:28)

Dan

========================================
I Love Driverpacks.Net!
Thank you to everyone who participates in this great project.

Never mind. It was the files being included in the BartPE building process with the Manufacturer error again (for those who remember haha). So I've modified my drivers to be bartpe compatible in the I1 folder in the e1e5132.inf the same as I did in the DELL5132 in the I2 folder. I'm not sure if this should be changed in the driver pack as It may have some negative effects in windows. ( I think I've talked to OverFlow about it before) For those who want to know what I did I changed the Manufacturer section of the INF to the following:

[Manufacturer]
%Intel%     = Intel

Jaak/OverFlow... is this something that should not be included? (I realize this may not be the thread for this as I'm typing it....)
Also.. because I1 now supports the dev_10BD Dell driver, does that mean that I2 is no longer required?

Last edited by xdanmeyerx (2008-09-20 05:04:43)

Dan

========================================
I Love Driverpacks.Net!
Thank you to everyone who participates in this great project.

I am a little confused here since the DriverPacks bartpe plugin doesnt use the inf.

the info for the build is taken from the mass storage ini...

what am i missing here...?

Ooops were talkin lan not mass NM...

Last edited by OverFlow (2008-09-20 07:54:51)

Fragbert, I just want to let you know that I'm already aware of 13.3 however I'm still looking for it on intel website. So if you have the direct link please post it. Thank you.

the link is in the top post in this topic

13.3 is mentioned on station-drivers, but all download links are 404. May have been pulled...maybe not. Intel's site, of course, is profoundly useless in finding latest versions of drivers using their search function.

Update: all station-drivers files are 404'ed. Also I see mention of a 13.2.8 in the wild

Last edited by Fragbert (2008-10-30 02:15:48)

Well it should be available in the next few days then.

13.3 is available at Station-Drivers - I'm downloading it right now: 2040 hours Wednesday in California

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/ajoHKH618C_cS2O6V00_aY3Cse0ggjzP4uxI8Hk5viw/perpetual:forever/userbar/donator-3.png

13.4 out - link updated

Last edited by Fragbert (2008-11-26 03:53:25)

I know buddy but I cannot find the Intel link.