Topic: OEMPreInstall

I've created a XP cd slipstreamed with text mode  mass storage and DP Mass Storage 8.05 only. But if the target system already has windows on it, it doesn't ask if I want to format or leave system files unchange. After I press enter it just direct copy files and create a new "Windows.0" folder and use that as new system. I didn't change anything setting at all except slipstreaming the mass storage DP.

I noticed DpsBase added a new line of "OEMPreInstall = Yes" in txtsetup.sif file, is this why the slipstreamed XP cd doesn't give me the option to format the target partition?

Re: OEMPreInstall

in order to enable the repair option you must remove the entire [Unattended] section...

(you were VERY close to having figured it out on your own)
DriverPacks is primarily aimed at unattended setup so the settings are optimized for that
but this will work jsut fine if you select; method 2, and guirunonce for the DriverPacks finisher 

Welcome, have a great day, thanks for providing good details as it leads to good answers!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Thanks for your quick reply. so, except by removing the entire [Unattended] section, should I set other things as well? Such as the OEMPreInstall. I've noticed that the EULA pop up comes out after windows installation is finished as well, not at the early stage of the installation.

A quick question too (or should I ask this in the Mass Storage section) for the nvidia chipset mobos, when I try to do a direct point on the DP's folder windows doesn't find the driver, I had to force install the correct mass storage (SATA/IDE) controller driver. ie: Nvidia MCP61 SATA Controller.

and yeah, I gets lots of questions from ppl that doesn't give any details on their problems, it's kind of frustrating, so I try to make my questions as detail and understandable as possible.

the other settings can be wahtever works for you. but if the unatended section exists then you will not be offered the option to repair.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

OverFlow wrote:

the other settings can be wahtever works for you. but if the unatended section exists then you will not be offered the option to repair.

I have an unattended setup with them and it ask me if i want to repair it m8 after i splistreamed the driverpacks into it i simply added the unattended bit in using Nlite and that woz it?

Stoner

Stoner wrote:
OverFlow wrote:

I have an unattended setup with them and it ask me if i want to repair it m8 after i splistreamed the driverpacks into it i simply added the unattended bit in using Nlite and that woz it?

Stoner

I was testing this on VMware Workstation v6 and when I did install it, it didnt ask me to repair it so by taking out the full unattended section then it shud work yes?

Sorry about the above response (

i belive that info to be acurate... yes sir

i have not tested it personaly since SP3 came out but it has been that way up till now. wink

Have a great day...

PS Let us know confirm / deny...
- I have been doing this stuff a long time and have a LOT of experience but i am still wrong on occasion! wink ;P
Feel free to take a poke at me every once in a while as it keeps me on my toes!

Thanks Stoner     I am glad your here