Re: Base 8.05 Released - Support for XP SP3 & DPInst

Yay! we like giving back!!! woo hoo...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Jaak wrote:

edit >> today Jeff and I went through the translation files and we saw the reason for the translation error pop-up in many of them.

I'd think so.

A lot of Translators haven't updated their files lately (including myself with a long-time delay...).
Thing is, there we quite some changes (new entries) to the LNG files, however, there never was an official announcement send out to the translators.
Now, I did catch news of this because I try to read all of the forum posts (Mod duty), so I noticed the complaints, plus, I was notified by two users via my contact details from my forum profile.

While there is info given about any Translator in the about section, either no one has taken the task to notify them (don't be shy, I'm sure they'll be glad to be told about it!) or they just aren't around anymore.
As there wasn't much to translate for a long time, many probably became lurkers or don't read the forum regularly at all and simply forgot about their "job" (which mainly was thought to be a one-time task anyway).

While I do parle un peut Français, I'd rather not try messing with the LNG file as it would probably turn out to sound too Germanesque, scarring some Frenchmen away tongue

So, either try getting in touch with the original Translator or just edit the file yourself.
I'd suggest contacting an Admin if you want to become a new/additional Translator for a langauge and I doubt any of the old Translators do mind continuing to work on their file if they do not reply to your request within one week (whows they either lost interest or are busy otherwise).

i think that is probably my fault...

I belive i am supposed to populate each of them with english when i create a new gui item.
I belived english would be substituted if it was not found in a current lng file.
now i know better... wink

PS i just thought of a good reason to not add gui items wink there is like 20 language files... lol

("It's just one button - how hard can it be" grrr...)

Ps did you mean to post this elsewhere ??? it seems OT?

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

OverFlow wrote:

We have had a hundred requests for this feature...

You are the FIRST one to notice it is now included...

and it looks like you tested it, and it worked for you, and you reported.

AWESOME! Thanks for posting! 

PS it is cool... cool

Actually, I didn't test it, I was just 'saying' that it's a nice feature to have.

The reason I am posting is to ask 'how' I can actually acomplish this...

I 'somewhat' managed to get this working by editing presetup.cmd to extract the packs, then invoking the fininisher to create the PNF's. From there, I would uninstall all unknown devices in my system and reboot. Then, devices would be found by the hardware installation wizard.

But this doesn't necessarily update all drivers for all hardware, just the ones that were unknown. I still have to manually invoke 'update driver' on already known hardware and then an updated driver would be chosen.

I am assuming there is another way?

get the new version of base
create your install disk (or see the FAQ sticky for SAD [Stand Alone Drivers-disk] a drivers only cd)

drop your install disk in a machine and double click on
\OEM\DP_Install_Tool.cmd

it will update every device in that machine against the driverpacks and run the finisher
if the KTD setttings are enabled on your disk it will also add that when the finisher runs.

more about this in the how to make a drivers only CD topic ( S.A.D. makes us happy! ) =P

Thank you! Will try it out and post back!

OverFlow wrote:

So what we have after all the smoke and mirrors is a way to install DriverPacks on any system (BlackBox) at any time.
(you could even add it to your logon script and update your drivers every day - tee hee) 

THE SCRIPT IS \OEM\DP_Install_Tool.cmd (or \$OEM$\$1\DP_Install_Tool.cmd for M1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's a one click solution to update ANY win2k winxp or win2k3 box with the DriverPacks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all!
I'm a DP newbie (although I've already integrated some DriverPacks in XP SP3 Install CD-ROM with success) and now I'm interesting in DP integration on existing XP SP3 installation: if I'm not wrong in this thread you are just talking about that... but I would like to be pointed in right direction because I do not well-understand how to do.
I think DP is a great project and I thank you so much for your efforts.
Also many thanks in advance for any suggestion about topic that will be very appreciated!

you could have searched for - S.A.D. makes us happy

but here is the description / how to...

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 159#p20159

Have a great day and welcome to the forum

PS (it is stickied in the FAQ forum... please at least attempt to find stuff on your own) wink

OverFlow wrote:

please at least attempt to find stuff on your own

You are right, but really I was googleing my search and it had pointed me on your quoted post... then I do not connected the "SAD disc (Stand Alone Driver) - A DriverPacks Drivers Only CD / DVD guide" title in the FAQ with my search itself... wink
Thank you for your quick reply, really is very easy to obtain a SAD disk. smile

Let me ask another question: with "DPINST.exe" is very simple to automatically update all drivers on a machine, and on the other hand with "\D" folder burned on CD/DVD then I can select one single device and then I can point device manager to search for "Search removable media"...

How can I do the same thing (one single device updateing) if I copy the "D" sub-folder on an USB Flash Drive?

Thank you in advance, again!

Hi

Let's suppose you do this.
You look in hardware manager, detail, find the HWID, copy that, paste it in a txt search and run it across the uncompressed D\ folder content.

You may find more than one result. (it will also show you why it takes XP so long to search a CDROM and all other MRU folders.)

now, here's the beauty of DPinst.
You can run it off thumbsticks.

When you run DPinst run it across the uncompressed D\ folder content it will search recursively through all folders and subfolders, and it will also do the same 'balancing" act minisetup does in order to find the better PnP driver. (it weighs them)
So, you can uncompress all with 7zip, and then you would have over 1600 Mb of drivers in D\subdirs... and run DPinst.exe

BUT, the DPinst cmd tool on the source you built will handle a few special exceptions.
(the 'few' exceptions we write will launch a SFX and that can make a big difference.)

there are VERY few SFX, tho, which means a good many get installed properly without our magic.
OH,
OverFlow mentioned we should most likely get rid of SFX files anyhow.
How we will do it (and do we do it for all of them?) gets decided in the near future.

The cmd DriverPacks BASE puts on the source was triggered by an idea warmsnow had.
Warmsnow wrote his version to do this without using DriverPacks BASE.

Last edited by Jaak (2008-07-28 10:08:47)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

S.A.D. makes us happy
I can tell you it worked as promised on different occasions, and I timed it against a older personal built 'method one supreme'.
(if you read about the short short.. good)

SAD ported to fast media wins.
DVD are slow.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak, thank you very much for your fine replies. smile

I'll read it with attention (also due to mother-tongue issue) and I'll do other trials in order to increase my (little) knowledge about S.A.D.! wink
However my firts attempt with S.A.D. has been very interesting and impressive (yes, uncompressed folders).

Btw: I will search for Warmsnow's post too...

Last edited by online (2008-07-28 20:54:29)