Re: [REL] [x86, 32 bit] ALL DriverPack's Repacked

Yeah, I got that, I was just saying that, while technically wrong, they aren't completely off, it's just a human input error wink

Anyway, I now replaced them with the values you provided to prevent further confusion of less savvy users.

Thanks for the heads-up anyhow! smile

Hello,

I'm interested in the Canon LaserJet pack. Can I know what's in there? I tried the link to the other forum post, but it seems dead.
Anyone?

Thanks!

http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.co … 2/?C=M;O=A

http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.co … 2_61020.7z

http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.co … 2_61105.7z

Thanks for the download links.
What I meant with my question, is what devices are supported by this packs?

R.

each driver contains a changelog which is likely to be current
There should also be a post in the 3rd party DriverPack forum for each pack available although it looks like that pack is so old its post got retired...
Twig123 keeps a master list up to date for us - thanks Twig!

master list by twig http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=587

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

dnoiz wrote:

What I meant with my question, is what devices are supported by this packs?

R.

Unfortunately the Thread page is gone for some reason... however, looking at the contents of the Canon Laserjet pack, the following should be supported:

Canon iR1600-2000 PCL5e
Canon iR2200-3300 PCL5e
Canon iR400 PCL5e
Canon iR5000-6000 PCL5e
Canon iR7200 PCL5e
Canon iR8500 PCL5e
Canon iR105 PCL5e
Canon GP160 PCL5e
Canon GP200-215 PCL-P3/B1
Canon GP200-225 PCL
Canon GP300-405 PCL
Canon GP555-605-605P PCL
Canon LBP-1000 PCL5e
Canon LBP-1760/1760e PCL5e
Canon LBP-2000 PCL5e
Canon LBP-3260 PCL5e
Canon FAX-L1000 for PCL5e
Canon iR2016 PCL6
Canon iR1600-2000 PCL6
Canon iR2020 PCL6
Canon iR2230 PCL6
Canon iR2270/iR2870 PCL6
Canon iR2830 PCL6
Canon iR2200-3300 PCL6
Canon iR2220/iR3320 PCL6
Canon iR3530 PCL6 PCL6
Canon iR400 PCL6
Canon iR3570/iR4570 PCL6
Canon iR4530 PCL6
Canon iR5000-6000 PCL6
Canon iR5020/iR6020 PCL6
Canon iR5570/iR6570 PCL6
Canon iR7200 PCL6
Canon iR8070 PCL6
Canon iR85PLUS PCL6
Canon iR8500 PCL6
Canon iR9070 PCL6
Canon iR105 PCL6
Canon iR105PLUS PCL6
Canon iR7086-7105 PCL6
Canon MF7100 Series PCL6
Canon LBP-2000 PCL6
Canon LBP-2000 PCL6
Canon LBP3460 PCL6
Canon FAX-L2000 PCL6
Canon FAX-L2000 PCL6
Canon LASER SHOT LBP-2410
Canon LASER SHOT LBP-1210
Canon LASER SHOT LBP-1120

Hope that helps

Edit: Changed Thread Link for Canon Laserjet to N/A as the thread was from '06 and has been removed.

Thanks for this.

Anyone has time and the knowhow to update this pack as I just bought a LBP-5000 (second hand) and I would like to have my drivers integrated on my next image smile.

R.

Last edited by dnoiz (2008-06-28 05:36:07)

Third party DriverPacks are edited and maintained by our users... that would be you...
the instructions on how to do that are stickied in this forum.

This pack has not been updated in two years if you don't do it - it probably won't get done at all.
I personally don't buy or recommend to my customers anything but HP printers so i have no interest in this pack at all.

If you would like it updated... feel free to add your driver and test it... then submit it here in a new thread

In order to do this you must have the printer to test the driver on... so far you are the ONLY one we know of who does have it.
Therefore you are the only one who can test it to see if it works.
if you were thinking of responding that you don't have the time why would you assume that we would. (we have lives too)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

OverFlow wrote:

if you were thinking of responding that you don't have the time why would you assume that we would. (we have lives too)

So aggressive. I have no intention to tell anyone what to do here.
I was just asking. As you can see, I have supported this work in the way I can (as a donor) - so I assumed I could at least ask. Sorry for ruining your weekend.

Having said that, I will have a look at the tutorial.

R.

Last edited by dnoiz (2008-06-28 22:36:37)

If you had tried using the word please... wink

dnoiz wrote:

So aggressive. I have no intention to tell anyone what to do here.

Well, you see, you wouldn't be the first to be just like that so natrually, we react a bit more "aggressive" as you've put it than you'd normally excpect.

This is by no means to be taken personal, if you know that you did not want to sound that way.

While we thankfully do have a large member base of contributors, there's always those than come in, complain, demand and insult!

Let's just call this a misunderstanding and forget about it, shall we? smile

OverFlow wrote:

If you had tried using the word please... wink

I'll make sure not to forget to do so in the future.

Helmi wrote:

..., there's always those than come in, complain, demand and insult!

I can only agree with you, and maybe I should have phrased my sentence differently, I don't think (at least complain/insult) where part of my request.

In the mean time I do have a question. The Canon Laser Pack has 4 directories, L1 up to L4. Why is that? I found/used a tool (DriverGrabber) to extract all "necessary" driver files from my system to add them to a pack (if that's the way to go), but why are there 4 different directories? For each driver (which can support multiple printers) a different directory?

Thanks for your time and support.

R.

Last edited by dnoiz (2008-06-29 07:51:59)

dnoiz wrote:

I found/used a tool (DriverGrabber) to extract all "necessary" driver files from my system to add them to a pack (if that's the way to go),

Yes, Driver Grabber certainly is the way to go if you want to create your own DP and already have a system up and running using the latest drivers.
That way you can be 100% certain it will work when you reinstall (well, maybe only 99% cause you never know and there's always Murphy...).

but why are there 4 different directories? For each driver (which can support multiple printers) a different directory?

Does DG also create those four directories?
If so, maybe that's how the person who made that addition (name escapes me, there's plenty of contributors to the dp3ps) got to it.

Other than that, I dunno about Canon's driver policy.
If there are several files sharing the same name, it may be necessary to create different folders if you want to keep original filenames (and hence maintain WHQL) and support as many devices as possible.

You could easily check this by verifying whether there are files of the same name that contain different HWID entries.

Helmi (and most of the team) is much better at writing than i am.  Thanks Helmi.

I am a programmer/tech, not a politician/diplomat...
The diplomacy skill set is however "work in progress".
(is it too late to delete or re-word that last sentence? wink )

-----------

i would expect to find that each of those folders contains a driver for a different series of Canon printer... (IR, GP, LBP, FAX)
that may, or may not, be the case -
it is also possible that the driver you have is an upgrade/replacement for one of the existing folders - (a unified driver)

Have a great day and thanks for your continued support.

FYI: maxximum was the original creator of the Canon packs.

The different folders are for products that are not covered in the previous folders.
So, if a NEW driver covers support for the older products they can be combined, otherwise, if they cover NEW products not supported by any of the previous drivers, a new folder would be made. I believe the L3 and L4 folders are a few series of printers that the files were ~90% the same, so they are slightly modified to be able to decrease the size of the source files... from what I remember.

@dnoiz - Please test this:
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 998#p21998

Dear gentlebeings,
I am sure we do not want moderated submission approval when a user wants to submit a "testpack", but I also realise that having 3rd party DriverPacks ftp access code in the "public" has caused a few "mishaps" when non-team updated. (I mean the instances when non-team removed older releases.).

Over two months ago I looked at a 3dr party pack and saw a path-hog which is, to me, sign of ineptitude and totally in disregard to what a clean tested pack should be.
We do understand enthusiasts.
We should not allow that enthusiasts simply add their driver to a pack when it should have been an update (which means the Developer did not look at other content, across ALL DriverPacks.)
We should also not allow the wild growth of folder path names.
(a long name folder with long name nested folders is a poor substitute to proper update of the supported device list.)

I am not sure about how we can teach people to do it in a proper way.

We will eventually have to use a Dbase of sorts.
Of that I am sure.
the weakest point (and you have no idea how many hours of work went into supported device list on main DriverPacks..) is the Third Party DriverPacks supported devices list.
It will probably have to be get done by volunteers in the team. But, it will have to be teamwork.

A team-member looking at the collections and looking at a submission before approving a release (so it gets linked to in main 'sticky") can question and remedy the work.
I think nobody here wants to add a driver which creates issues and misery in another DP.

Last edited by Jaak (2008-07-01 03:13:04)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Did you see Twigs Post with the changlog and the supported devices and a new folder "L6" with the posters driver in it.
we do need to get it in the right location now...

well we learn by making mistakes - so we need to let mistakes happen so we have teaching tools wink tongue 8)

I just lokked at it and the files were cabbed i probably would have extracted them...
7zip will compress them better if they are not pre-compressed.

twig123 wrote:

Thank you big_smile.
I was trying to get there myself.

I will test ASAP.
Can't say just when, but I hope to have this done by end this week (Sunday).

One side note, I'm currently using this driver,

Version   R1.11
Released on   11-01-2008
http://software.canon-europe.com/files/ … 111_EN.exe

From your change log, this one looks newer? Maybe I'm just wrong.

R,
dnoiz.

Last edited by dnoiz (2008-07-03 19:39:29)

Um you could test his pack... or you could add your driver in its place... (L6\)

or both... once you have a known good / working pack then let us know.
We will make sure that pack is the one that is posted.

Thanks for the feedback and have a great day.

@ Jaak -  I assume that this was prompted because of this last canon pack... If there is some things that everyone should be doing when making/updating packs, please share... so that it can be added to the Tut. I know I have no where near the experience of the peeps on the Main Team, but that might be due to less direct involvement... as 3rd party has never really had strict guidelines to follow... I think we should get something in place so that it may help us all. Also, Right now my main system died in an electrical storm cause by a EF1 tornado that went through my back yard just a couple weeks ago... so I don't really have the resources/time to package these at work but I figured I would try to help with what I had at the time....  Poor Compy :'(

@ OverFlow -  I wasn't aware of the better compression if the files were un-cabbed first... This is how the files came, and I didn't even think about it. I will make sure to note it for next time wink

@ dnoiz - That is strange, I downloaded the latest driver from a AUS Canon site I think... however mine was v3.00.0.0 and yours is def newer @ v3.02.0.0. As OverFlow suggested, you can take the layout of mine and just add those newer drivers info the L6 folder, replacing the files that are in there.

1 other side note, I noticed that almost all the printers in this pack are almost all EUR or AUS devices, with a slight skew with a few for the US... no point, just figured I'd note that...

you always get brownie points for being observant. 2 pts awarded Twig123 wink

Yeah i figured you didn't know about the compression, which is why i threw it out there for ya!
How would you know if someone didn't mention it?.. (shrugs) now you know, lol

I am certain it will be just fine as it is - idk exactly how much better the size would be.
perhaps very little... just something to be aware of

i am so glad you did this for the poster it was very nice of you smile
I hope we get a positive response back and can confirm a valid update of this pack

Thanks again Twig, well done

PS the brownie pt catelog will be out in the mail wink

Hi twig123
I was not aiming my "rocket fire" at anyone in particular..
A careful observant may have noticed I did not mention which pack(s).
I posted above so people should realise that their work (and their work is welcomed) should meet some minimum standard.
We want to at least have the people realise that a third party "release" can create problems in other DriverPacks.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

twig123 wrote:

Looks good. Sorry for the delay of this feedback.
And thanks again for making this happen.

I will try to add the "newer" drivers and give an update again ASAP (no commitments).

R.

Last edited by dnoiz (2008-07-15 20:27:39)

DP TV v8.09.08

Updated ATi TV Wonder 550, 600 & 650 drivers to 05/14/2008, 6.14.10.283 (8.8) in \A\6

http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.co … 2_80908.7z
Size: 10.9 MB
MD5: FB412A6D262724070538996B0C65F7A4