Topic: something wrong with DriverPack Graphics A download

there seems to be a problem with that pack.. I just can't download that driverpack A properly. BASE reports that pack A can't be opened (same thing with winrar) also the md5 sum is wrong. Reason to all this seems to be over 10Mb too small package. So is there a mirror or something where to get that pack?

edit:

just used Google and found some Russian? site which had alternative url to that driverpack. I also checked md5 checksum which was ok.. So no worries anymore! but it might be worthwhile to check that link from THIS site..

Last edited by tsupak (2008-05-10 06:16:39)

Re: something wrong with DriverPack Graphics A download

I will keep an eye on it - it is working for me now...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I second this issue.  I am recieving the error that it is either in unknown format or damaged.  I seriously think Bâshrat the Sneaky needs to consider allowing people to redistribute and mirror these packs on their own server.  It would take a lot of heat of the server and reduce downtime.  I understand wanting to keep the credit... but come on man! lol, he's already a legend amongst homebrew repair geeks all over the world! :-P

well we just moved our files from dreamhost (one of the largest in the world) because they were having too many issues. (they actually suggested we upgrade our current plan as a solution. which seems crazy if you think about it why would we want to pay more, when we are not getting what we are paying for now) 

the new file host has 10 gigabit cross-connects, clustered storage servers, and multi-core transaction processing servers. I really don't think bandwidth or load are an issue.

We tried a mirror but the guy who donated the space was not timely with updating files.

We are concerned about this and have been working hard to resolve it.
Unfortunately we are a free project and as such must work within our budget (which is $0.00)
everybody wants to criticise (which is free) but almost nobody donates.
Credit has nothing to do with it. Think about it, how much have you donated?
Mirrors are not a better solution because we have to depend on them to update
that prevents our ability to release when we want and to make sure the same files are available on all mirrors.
And we would still have reports of corrupt file downloads from one or more mirrors.

every time someone has reported an issue i have been able to download successfully.
sometimes a file doesn't download correctly that does not mean the file on the server is bad.
please retry before assuming so. (you know what happens when you AssUMe)

the existing solution should be flawless and there is no reason for it not to be.
they have multiple geographically dispersed servers and ten gig of bandwidth.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Hi,
you must have noticed I entered the filesize in bytes after the hash in the changelogs recently.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Got the same problem here. Downloaded all the driverpacks, all work fine except for GraphicsA. Downloaded it thrice but it still doesn't work.

Taking a look at it - again - :sad:

i think i my have to look at the IP addresses of the users reporting issues
perhaps one of their servers is not correctly synced with the others.

--------------------------- edit -----------------------------------

well the ip addresses are in the us and finland so that is not helpful.
and I was once again able to get it successfully... at 800kbs too

no clue why you are haveing issues. are you all downloading from the link
here?

have you all cleared your temp files so you are getting the current link instead of a cached copy of the page with the link to the old server.

Last edited by OverFlow (2008-05-10 22:16:44)

Hi,

yep, I tried that link you mentioned earlier (when i noticed problems) and now, but now it worked flawlessly big_smile that's great! What you said about those temp.files.. when I had some problems i tried to Dl with opera, firefox and firefox with DL-manager (downthemall.. or something like that..) and all those reported the same 73.xx filesize..

I don't know was this reply any helpfull, but i hope so smile it is common just whine all the time.. But hey! you are still doing a great job! Thanks!

I am so glad that you were able to get it... and i am glad you let us know you could...

I still am not sure why certain people have issues... sad

if we have a file issue on the server we will get a dozen posts added to the first one
and usually a second or third thread in a very short period of time.
I try to verify all reports of issues immediately when i see them.

when thousands of people are downloading it successfully,
and only one or two have / report issues, then it is difficult to find that issue from our side.
I will continue to see if i can find a pattern to the reports
but there are very few problems and no common denominator