Topic: Marvell 61xx RAID Driver - Where is it located? - Confirmed Problem

On the latest update

"[M] Marvell 61xx RAID, from 02/09/2007,1.2.0.24 to 10/18/2007,1.2.0.51 (Jaak)"

But I don't see that drv on the supported device page.

*On a side note, Currently I have problem with DP_Mass incorrectly installing RAID drv for that Marvell Chip on MSI Neo2-FR P35 board while in actuality, it's just SATA DVDRW. I will report the problem after I find out that it really is DP that's causing the prob

*Just did a testing with Mass 8.02 with M,M1,M2 edited out in the inf file as well as those folders removed from the Mass.7z file. DVDRW is recognized as IDE drv.

It is conclusive that DP_Mass incorrectly installs RAID driver for Marvell 88SE6111 chipset in MSI P35 Neo2-FR board.

PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_6121&SUBSYS_612111AB&REV_B1\4&332B0EE8&0&00E4: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Last edited by larciel (2008-02-12 20:56:34)

Re: Marvell 61xx RAID Driver - Where is it located? - Confirmed Problem

That device list was probably not updated...we will take care of it asap, priority #1 is to make the packs works.

Mass, M.
Fixed name in device list (It was present, but in driver INF the name used was XX.)

Also fixed devicelist LAN.
The new devices were not listed. Fixed devicelist for devices supported in moved and deleted folders.
Fixed updated drivers version.

Mass storage sad
This update by marvel installs when IDE mode is used? sad

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I tried to update the lan device list but I couldn't find the php file.

Jaak wrote:

Mass, M.
Fixed name in device list (It was present, but in driver INF the name used was XX.)

Also fixed devicelist LAN.
The new devices were not listed. Fixed devicelist for devices supported in moved and deleted folders.
Fixed updated drivers version.

Mass storage sad
This update by marvel installs when IDE mode is used? sad

I've tried with 8.01 and DP_Mass installed RAID Driver for Marvell controller.

I've downloaded 8.02 and took out M,M1,M2 folder and re-archived. Now Marvell driver is not installed and windows correctly installs IDE driver for this.

I assume that this is a very rare case and I don't think finding the solution would be worth the time. That's just my opinion but I wanted to let others who might have same problem as I did know.