Topic: Got a Driver Pack... How to Use it?

Hi, I'm trying to update the drivers for my ATI Radeon Mobility X300 card, so I downloaded Graphics Pack A (not sure if that's right; I can't find this driver ANY where), but I don't know exactly how I'm supposed to use what I downloaded... do I have to put all somewhere? I can't find anywhere on the site that clearly lays it out...

Also, if this DriverPack is not the right one for my g-card, let me know. Or if you happen to know where I can get the right driver (Need: Display Version: 6.14.10.6561, Driver Version: 8.282, Date: 8/21/06 ...or newer) if it isn't included in this pack, I would appreciate it very VERY much; I've been looking for days.

Thanks.

Edit: BTW, computer is: Dell Inspiron 9300 - WHY won't ATI make/put Dell drivers on their site?? The driver on the Dell site is older than the one I have. ¬_¬

Last edited by MC2009 (2007-09-21 16:03:56)

Re: Got a Driver Pack... How to Use it?

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewforum.php?id=23

You downloaded the correct Driverpack if you plan to integrate those drivers into your WinXP source.  Follow this tutorial here.

If you just want to install the updated drivers in an existing XP install, then just download the Desktop ATI drivers and follow the instructions for the DriverHeaven Mobility Modtool here:

You're welcome. smile

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Thank you VERY much - the second method worked like a charm. You don't know how happy this makes me.

You guys are my new best friends XD XD XD

(And sorry for what I'm sure was the most n00by question ever)

Hi, there are no dumb noobie questions.

We do assume people know what this project is about, but we also try to answer questions about the basics.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Hmmm...

The game and computer worked fine after I restarted the computer, but the following day, I turned on my computer and Windows was "unable to start due to a recent hardware or software change" ...I had no option but to go into Safe Mode and roll back the driver, which made it work again..!

But how was Windows able to start the first time, when I had to restart after installing? A bunch of error reports came up after rolling back; half were something to do with the video card, but the rest kept talking about the 'Sonic Solutions'  burning software that come on the computer.. which I haven't touched...

Is this a common problem, or should I choose a different download - was the newest driver not necessarily the best one?

Thanks

Edit: Or I could just be one of those people who never turns their computer off... >_<

Last edited by MC2009 (2007-09-23 02:40:18)