Topic: [REQ] New Intel Chipset Drv 8.3.1.1009

Hi,

New Intel Chipset Drivers were released August 7 2007.

I tried to update them myself for my own drv pack. But actually I'm so confused on how you guys proceed. First of all why is  Intel stuff is in I\ Folder and Infineon stuff in IN\ folder. A suggestion would be to swap the content of these  folders, mainly because in the others drivers packs IN\ belong to Intel stuff. But this is really not a big issue.

I wonder why there's 3 folders. XP, 2K, 2K3. If you download the drivers from the Intel Website and choose from one of these OS. You will get the same Unified Intel drv Pack.

I compared all these folders together. Some inf are not updated in the 2k folder but they are in the 2k3 folder. It's really a mess. I would suggest putting all of these inf into 1 folder and caling it 1.

Also in each os's folder there's an SP folder. This SP folder contain inf files that are duplicated in 2k, 2k3 and XP folder. Another suggestion will be to get ride of all SP folders.

Also if you compare the most recent inf files (8.3.1009 version) to the 2k3 folder, you will that a tons of .inf were added to the 2k3 folder. Question is: Where does these inf come from ?

I didn't even check for duplicated HWID's trough all these .inf because there's to much questions I'm asking myself about this drvpack.

Btw, you guys are really doing an awesome job. My goal is to help you building the ultimate drivers pack.
Thanks for your further help.

Re: [REQ] New Intel Chipset Drv 8.3.1.1009

8.3.1.1009 = not the latest driver.
Discussed this before.

Today its  : 8.3.0.1013

Muiz please read again carefully,

8.3.1 is more recent than 8.3.0 I made the same mystake when I  first read it. big_smile

Plus, xxxxx.com made a news for it 6 days ago.

You can refer to this link:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ … p;lang=eng

Here's the download link.
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/10884/e … _Intel.exe

No cr@ck sites please(Muiz)

Last edited by JakeLD (2007-08-24 03:06:20)

Intel wrote:

This download is intended for use with Intel® Desktop Boards.

This utility installs INF files that inform the operating system how to properly configure the chipset for specific functionality such as USB and AGP.

Seems pretty obvious to me which drivers we should be using for the majority of our users. (Hint: 8.3.0.1013)

But again, double-checking each .inf file and the driver files themselves can't hurt.  As long as the appropriate HWIDs are represented in the newer version, it might be worth a test.
I can test 865PE and 855M.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

My brother (exort) compared them with araxis merge and the same HWIDs are used.

hi

at the moment, the folder structure for INTEL will have to stay as it is.
I would delete the triplicated intel folders if I could do so without causing an error in method 1
(yes... they have exact same content right now.)

if somebody updates these, please do NOT toss away the OLD files, because the newer drivers have FEWER files, and support a LOT less hardware.
When you update, overwrite the INTEL files.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

araxis merge? is that free?
the tools I use are going to expire... sad
I will work for free, but was told to not spend money on this project.. and I need a few licences for very good tools.
Any Free Tool whan can do this for me will get looked at. smile

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Oh
the reason all these files got triplicated, and that the old ones got added to new ones, was this.
the current drivers are good for all OSes.

the OLD drivers the newest had dropped were good for all OSes, and all these OLD files came from fresh downloads (the intel archved drivers) so the three OS have all available drivers and yes, one folder would support all three OS. (but, I can't do that. M1 would NOT work.) .
(The SP folder could also go, far as I know, but once again, method 1 stops me from doing this. sad )

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I got it from demonoid.com.......

http://winmerge.org/ This one is free do.

All members of the team should use one of those. You can compare entire folders and it will detect all differences in seconds.

Jaak wrote:

Oh
the reason all these files got triplicated, and that the old ones got added to new ones, was this.
the current drivers are good for all OSes.

the OLD drivers the newest had dropped were good for all OSes, and all these OLD files came from fresh downloads (the intel archved drivers) so the three OS have all available drivers and yes, one folder would support all three OS. (but, I can't do that. M1 would NOT work.) .
(The SP folder could also go, far as I know, but once again, method 1 stops me from doing this. sad )

Thanks for your attention regarding this problem. Actually Jaak all .inf in folder SP are sixtuplated. I haven't compared inf together but I'm pretty sure Hwid's are duplicated between different inf files. As you know Intel are really not clever when it's come to make unified driver.

Last edited by eXoRt (2007-08-25 02:28:46)

New intel drivers are official on Intel's website (finally)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/detail_ … ldID=10884

for xp / 2000 / 2003, and in some cases for desktop / mobile.

a tool to extract the HWIDS gets a helluvaLOT of dupes in there.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

1ba14a3999d271b5420454acb11cb87d 
DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_708.7z

'7.08',
'24 August 07',
'Intel Chipset drivers from 8.2.0.1014 to 8/7/2007, 8.3.1.1009'

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Ver:8.3.0.1013 Date:8/27/2007

Ver:8.3.1.1009 Date:8/7/2007

Maybe im blind....

The funny thing with Intel is (I've experienced that myself), that they tend to release a LOWER driver version number on a LATER date than the HIGHER version number driver (which is hence OLDER).

Maybe the folks at Intel are actually the blind ones not noticing their own contradiction, who knows...

Helmi wrote:

The funny thing with Intel is (I've experienced that myself), that they tend to release a LOWER driver version number on a LATER date than the HIGHER version number driver (which is hence OLDER).

Maybe the folks at Intel are actually the blind ones not noticing their own contradiction, who knows...

They are definitely blind at intel they're making this messy and so hard to understand. To make sure I have the latest version I compare the .ini files together with araxis merge. Also Intel is really not a big fan of 1 driver for all, specially concerning their graphic drivers, so you have to edit them and remove the doubled hwids in the older drivers and only keep the hwids in the most recent drivers version. A lot of work.

New version released

Closing this one....