Topic: nvidia 7400 on sony vajo problem

hi to all, and thx for the new releases,
i have just tryed the newest base+dp (official+3rd) with xp/sp2 on a vajo notebook
well, during the install i receive a prompt about the nvidia 7400 driver installation (obv i answer yes, install), the screen SEEMS perfect during eg the xp serial question (and in the eg lan settings question): SEEMS because i'm not sure, but usuall the pixel problem on a 16:9 display with a 1024x768  resolution is clear, but i'm not really sure of this
but after the install i found a nvidia 7400 device in the system and a question mark on a pci device
and the nvidia driver is not active (dx click on desktop > advaced display infos, the acceleration doesn't work and i can choose only a canonical 800x600 and 1024x768)
any suggestion or idea?
sry if my explain is not clear (or some any further info is needed), let me know i'll rety to explain it

regards

Last edited by Toblerone (2007-05-24 10:17:43)

Re: nvidia 7400 on sony vajo problem

hi, i retry to explain the problem
xp/sp2 with latest dpbase+dp+3rd installed on a vajo notebook
during the initial part of the install i receive the question about the nvidia 7400 installation and i clicked yes/ok
after the screen goes ok (1280x768 so seems that the driver is loaded ok) and i see correctly the serial question and the further setting prompt (lan/etc)
but after the install end, at the reboot i have the nvidia driver not active (an nvidia 7400 device is present in the system info) but the driver is not loaded (not present in the dx click on desktop, setup, advanced, video card    the screen resolution avaible is only 1024x768 or 800x600  and the accelleration is not active)
in the system info (dx click on my computer.. hardware..devices) there is a pci device showed with a question mark, can be this ?

no prob at all, i think, for solve it with some driver, but i'd like to report this and, if possible understand/solve this dp issue
regards

Last edited by Toblerone (2007-05-25 05:14:46)

any suggestion?
after a retry i'm sure: the driver starts ok before the serial number question
but at the reboot (the first boot after the install) the driver still installed but not work

most laptops mod the chipsets for power consumption and special features liek widscreen
(they buy the rights to do so from the chipset supplier)

You will need to get the nvidia driver for your laptop from sony most likely to fix this.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

thx overflow, now the problem is clear

this explain the strange issue
no prob for solve the problem with its driver: was a doubt about dp and this problem
regards

if the driver fixes your issue let us know and it might be added

or if you need more help please ask!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

thx for the reply
yep the (dp-external) driver fixed the issue (works)

the "brand" not have xp support/driver for that exact type so i have (after an heavy google session) found this one fully working
i stop the xp installation too many problem with xp : audio (no chance to solve it .. i don't understand why) and webcam
that notebook was not mine (a friend, and was a vaio vgn-fe41e), i haven't it here now, but the working driver was in this zipped package (video folder)
ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Vaio/Origin … rivers.zip
the audio and webcam driver present in the package does not works with it (and dp missed too): back to vista and "resend it back"

sorry the bad language
and thx for yours job

Last edited by Toblerone (2007-06-07 06:49:27)