Topic: Bluetooth pack for win7 (& other OS' - see Post 8 by josywong)

Hello everyone
I should appreciate your efforts for your wonderful job on collecting the only useful DriverPack on the net (AFAIK)
But I wonder, how come you never created a Bluetooth pack for windows 7 ?
I know there are so many drivers for it but isn't it possible at all ?

thanks in advance

Last edited by TechDud (2014-07-05 06:57:23)

Re: Bluetooth pack for win7 (& other OS' - see Post 8 by josywong)

Hello!     smile

The DriverPacks have been created and maintained by various members of the community.

I sincerely hope that you start such a pack.
No one person can hope to do all packs on their own.

If you do decide to start a new pack, start small.
  Start with what hardware you have on-hand from a primary chipmaker such as Broadcom or Realtek.
    It will make testing and verification much easier for you.

Be advised that only OEM links are used to gather such drivers.
  Do keep track of the links where you gather drivers, it adds further credibility.
    Think of it like noting your sources in a thesis.

Third-Party sites such as station-drivers, as good as they likely are, are indeed frowned upon here.
  It is for our audience that this is done.

Bluetooth might not be advised to be integrated into install media, yet rather installed post-Setup by SAD3.
  If i remember correctly, the MS Bluetooth stack need be installed first for at least NT5.
    It may be similar with NT6.x (Vista and up).

The utilities included for each chipmaker probably need entries in an associated "Bluetooth.Ini" file, to be processed by DPs_Fnshr within SAD3.
  There will be some trial and error there.

You will find that many here are very willing to lend assistance on any questions you will inevitably have.

Good luck, and happy hunting!

Last edited by TechDud (2013-10-06 05:06:57)

TechDud, thanks a lot for your kind and detailed answer.
Actually it's been a while since I have planed to create an unattended windows 7 installation disk and one of the parts was to add a general and functional driver pack into it.
Almost all parts are done except I noticed that most of the drivers were not updated, so I decided to update some of the important ones myself.
for the past three nights I've been collecting all the new versions for the following drivers and comparing them by supporting chipsets. (I only used the original manufacturers websites for every driver)

Graphics : Nvidia , Intel , ATI
Sound : Realtek , VIA
WLan : Atheros , Broadcom , Intel , Realtek
Lan : Broadcom
Card Reader : Realtek

I packed them with the old drivers and removed the older versions of new downloaded ones.
it's been a successful combination as much as i could test but unfortunately I don't have all the hardwares necessary to test them all.
after reading your reply i decided to upload them here after it's done smile

wish me luck wink

I see the probability of success is high, as long as one is patient and avoids temptations to rush things.

Do keep track of changes in a changelog.

By the way, i do recommend Mitja Perko's free for personal CD Check (30 day eval. for Business users) to generate and compare hashes of each pack after changes are complete, as mouse mis-manipulation (etc.) can and does happen once in a while.  It does assist one in making changelogs too, as a person's memory can lapse once in a while.

Hoping you have DVD+/-RW's; they save making mountains of discs.  Solutions like WinSetupFromUSB are potential time-savers, yet not officially supported by DriverPacks (IIRC).  That should encourage the USB 3.0 drivers to be added to MassStorage (uncertain about 8.x), as originally pioneered by Damnation.

I wish you well!     smile

Last edited by TechDud (2013-10-07 12:18:57)

i will start working on bluetooth pack (nt6 only) with all my available free time. and good luck to myself

this is my 1st try on compiling bluetooth drivers.

x64 - datafilehost.com/d/b82190f2
sha1 : 4486ebf3cfd4a3ce025c45999652561a93db608b

x86 - datafilehost.com/d/70331bed
sha1 : 5a23de50e6198042a33f999467fb79b7160b850e

remember to UNCHECK before download

compiled from 140703 mscatalog 806 search results. i hope someone who have better understanding of driver can help  to clean this up.

Excellent!     smile

There is one thing i might recommend though, and that is to change the file folder tree to match the 3rd-Party releases.  Example:  http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/wind … eous/12.02

Correct me if i am wrong please Admin,that might be needed for SAD3 compatibility.

Also,
To avoid confusion, the name should look like:  "DP_Bluetooth_wnt6-x64_1407041" / "DP_Bluetooth_wnt6-x86_1407041"  14=y,07=m,04=d,1=rev
Am changing the name of my personal copy to reflect that.  If you update any of the contents today, call the new one "DP_Bluetooth_wnt6-x64_1407042" please.

Have edited your post to link to your downloads.  Have not yet tried it.  Good work josywong!
That's awesome!

I wonder what happened to lordsepid.  That was quite a tease, if i have that correct.
Altering the name of this topic slightly...

Last edited by TechDud (2014-07-04 15:28:10)

datafilehost.com/d/53a21ba5
sha1: dd2106db08d765a1b23a05b923442136f601038a

datafilehost.com/d/474df249
sha1: ce708fd7aee87bf973769909f0aad715ddd392c9

directory tree changed, naming changed by following my own timezone here GMT+8
i'll try to spend few more hrs later to check if there is any missing drivers from mscatalog

Have also noticed that OS folders supported in SAD3 are:
Server, Vista, Win7 & Win8

When Server is the OS, the Vista, Win7 & Win8 folders are deleted, if selected.
When Vista is the OS, the Server, Win7 & Win8 folders are deleted, if selected.
When Win7 is the OS, the Vista, Server & Win8 folders are deleted, if selected.
When Win8 is the OS, the Vista & Server folders are deleted, if selected.

The All folder is meant to support all of those OS's.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some other recommendations, if you agree:
-use 7-zip v9.20 settings:  Ultra, Lzma2, 64M, 256, 512M
-delete unnecessary *.cpk, *.exp, *.lib, *.pdb & *.res files
-remove invalid .Cat file in x64&x86\All\3\Bluetooth\Broadcom\4
-remove WLAN drivers from x64&x86\All\3\Bluetooth\Ralink
-remove x64&x86\All\3\Bluetooth\J3 - updated in x86\All\3\Bluetooth\Broadcom\3
-change properties to ensure no read-only files
-if you have Win8, find & run MS's sigver.exe & check + log *.cat, *.dll, *.exe, *.sys & include logs in x64/x86 folder (edit folder to hide tree from public with notepad++ {replace in all open documents})
-there is a preexisting x86 Bluetooth DriverPack by Wo Wo Your Hands.
   I can compile a list of changes, as have updated personal copy & will compare all files before & after Wo Wo Your Hands' few files updated &/or added & upload, if you like.
-(future)look to possibility minimum OS support is not exactly as claimed by MS
   (double-click .cat file to confirm on first page find 4f for minimum OSlevel, also certificates excluding Win8 if not Win8OS {sometimes, possibly}, also to verify checksums of .inf files, architecture - search for [SourceDisksFiles in .inf & any folders listed in [SourceDisksNames for mandatory folders, & to ensure all files exist depending upon architecture, or .inf's are properly named, etc.)
some drivers may need be shuffled to be properly supported (live and learn).     smile

You have made a great start.  Thank you for taking the effort, BTW.

Also, if you are using DP_Misc_wnt6, there is a bug in a driver you may or may not know about.
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=8159  Remove Thpdrv * repack DP_Misc with new date.     big_smile
And, if you support SDD, then HDD Protection drivers in Misc support is unknown, AFAIK.
TrimCheck available elsewhere.

Last edited by TechDud (2014-07-05 07:40:31)

the folder format for SAD3  is

<snip>%SystemDrive%\D\%F_CPUarch%\%F_OSType%"...<snip>

So if SAD3 is trying to delete/cleanup the "Server" folders on a NT6 x64 system, the target path would look like this:
C:\D\x64\Server\*
and
C:\D\x64\All\*

so...
D\x64\All\3\ (3 for Third Party DriverPack)

we are talking about BlueTooth so BT? or Blu?
D\x64\All\3\BT\your driver here

if it is for Win7 only then
D\x64\Win7\3\BT\your driver here

Vista only
D\x64\Vista\3\BT\YourDriverHere

Looks like you did it perfect ! ! ! yea!

to compress the packs we use this 7zip command tool that badpointer gave us.
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 538#p57538
it splits the pack into two streams, that way the info files can be searched quickly since they are isolated.
you don't need a large dictionary in most cases, 32 is fine for most stuff, read that thread for more info smile
we can do that for you if you get the files together big_smile big_smile big_smile.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

That is freaking awesome!!!

instead of posting here when you have a test pack start a thread for it with a good title.

NT6 x86 Bluetooth 14-06-30 [beta / revision / final]

I have gotten all excited and added you to the testing team,
since you are a donor you could view the posts there before, but now you can start new topics too.
Aaaannndd you are eligible for a highly coveted new userbar big_smile

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

-repacked using badpointer repacking tool

-added newer driver for x64&x86\All\3\Bluetooth\Broadcom\4
-removed *.cpk, *.exp, *.lib, *.pdb & *.res
-removed WLAN drivers from x64&x86\All\3\Bluetooth\Ralink
-removed x64&x86\All\3\Bluetooth\J3 - updated in x86\All\3\Bluetooth\Broadcom\3
-changed properties to ensure no read-only files
-renamed OS folder

i'll need someone to reupload Wo Wo Your Hands's pack as his dl link is dead.
i used sigcheck instead of sigverif. i think shud b the exact same tool.
ok i'll start a new thread and post in there. could not upload now as my workplace internet quota is overload nw.

I'll save you the pain and anguish of going through all 27 folders in that collection for the 3 or 4 relevent drivers for x64 only.
Have already simplified it.  Will upload tomorrow, probably after you have uploaded.

De-linked your first revisions.

Topic continued here -->  http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=10835     smile

Last edited by TechDud (2014-07-06 14:34:31)