Topic: [DRIVERBUG] Medion 97600 notebook/Intel 915GM Graphics problems

I will post hwids later. My girl bought the Medion laptop, it's their latest.
During Windows Setup, a "New Hardware Found" wizard pops up, a monitor has been found. When I finish the wizard a second one pops up and closes immediately. and at first GUI login, I can hardly login to my account, windows cannot load files (not enough system resources) and cannot load profile.

tested my cd on several other laptops and pcs, no problem there.
I tried a clean WinXP Pro SP2, after that I installed the drivers (Chipset first, always restart after each driver) from the drivers folder on the Medion Recovery partition... Everything went fine UNTILL I installed Graphics, after rebooting I got the same problems.

I tried the Medion Windows MCE (clean, no software/drivers will be installed) and installed the drivers after Windows setup manually. Same result after installing Graphics.

I tried Medion Recovery dvd, this is a backup from Medion so drivers etc. are already installed.
Here everything works fine! with the Graphics installed ofcourse!

I cannot do testing anymore, my girl leaves tomorrow with the notebook for a few months to England. I have installed everything, did the drivers manually EXCEPT graphics driver. Already tried flash games (bejeweled etc) they work fine... (without graphics installed.
I will test today if she will at least be able to watch dvd and xvid... I really hope so otherwise she will kill me.

If someone else has this laptop please test! I'll report the hwids tonight/morrow.
I have written about this more extensively in the Dutch Got:
http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/lis … 3#26577353

Re: [DRIVERBUG] Medion 97600 notebook/Intel 915GM Graphics problems

I still have this issue, best is not to install the videocard driver, or to use the Medion rescue dvd but that contains so much junk.

hwids.txt
And here and here you can find the chipsetdriver and the videocard driver for this laptop.

I am going to make a new nlite cd without removing any of the videocard drivers, not integrating the driverpacks. then test if I can install the videocard normally.
Also I know the issue during setup, seeing a New Hardware Found window, can be fixed with KB883667 but I need the NLD version.

Last edited by zilexa (2006-12-19 23:54:18)

Looking at the test DriverPacks, both the chipset & graphics include newer drivers then the one your mention. So that may help from the start!

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. But it has nothing to do with the driverpacks:
test A: When I use the Medion recovery rescue disc (it's simply an image of a preinstalled configuration: Windows MCE, a bunch of software and drivers), I can login, everything works.
test B: when I use the Medion windows disc, containing Windows MCE and I install the Medion drivers manually, I get the problems described.
test C: When I use my CD (Windows XP pro + RyanVMs updatepack NL, no Xpize) with the driverpacks, I get the problems described.
I tried both test B and C (without driverpacks) with newer non-Medion drivers instead. Also fails.

I've had many many PC problems, both hardware and software, but I cannot solve this.. can't find any info either.. very strange.
If test A would also give the problems, at least I could send the laptop to Medion..

Since it doesn't seem to be caused by the driverpacks, this thread may be closed.

Last edited by zilexa (2007-01-08 00:53:33)

zilexa, do you can to find and copy driver from Windows folder in test A (when everything works) and to compare them with driver from driverpack?

Yes I thought about that,
but it wouldn't really make any sense if the image (test A) has different drivers installed then the ones provided on their manual installation disk..

The bad thing is, it's my girls laptop and she's in the UK for a traineeship, she uses the laptop for work and as tv. So she couldn't leave it here (NL) for me to test more. I know someone else with the same laptop, but he lives a bit far. But I will have to test with his laptop otherwise this will never get figured out.

hmm I could try ask my girl to create a backup, do test A and copy the drivers, then put her backup back... hmm will she have enough girlpower to do that
I'll report later.
Thanks for the response!

Very strange problem, and I'm afraid we won't be able to solve this one. It seems as if the hardware combination used in that laptop either needs a very specific graphics driver OR a very specific set of drivers (possibly driver conflict?).

If I were you, I'd just let the problem rest. Some things cannot be resolved. And let's face it, Medion isn't exactly known for their after sales support... You should not expect help from that side.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Bâshrat the Sneaky, its need to verify that problem on some notebooks, I think. May be it usual hardware problem.

Debugger wrote:

Bâshrat the Sneaky, its need to verify that problem on some notebooks, I think. May be it usual hardware problem.

Well, thing is, these modded mobility drivers will usually work on most notebook HW, but definately not on all.

That exactly is the reason why, ususally, you have to rely on the manufacturer supplied driver (you know, those that are a year's version behind the official GFX card makers') for full support.

In most cases, the modified INI will do the trick, but it's no guarantee.

Only solution I see in this case is to include the actual, manufacturer-supplied drivers.
However, as they are obsolete in most cases and also would have to be included on a per-model base, this would blow up the DP's size enormously.
I guess it's a better idea if those who have to rely on these drivers (probabaly just a few percent, haven't had a case where the modded drivers did not work myself) include them via a selfmade 3rdP DP.

Oh and write angry (but polite!) emails to your NB's manufacturer to finally update those drivers!

So we dont do anything about this one?
if so please close Helmi.

muiz3 wrote:

So we dont do anything about this one?

I don't know, I told you the propable possibilities, but I doubt we'll find a slick official solution for this.

if so please close Helmi.

rgr that.
For the time being at least...