Topic: [SLVD] Which packs do I need for these cards?

Hi

Sorry if this information is easy to find, but I've tried looking at the Driverpacks pages and the packs themselves and just get confused!

I only need drivers for Nvidia Geforce FX5200 (or FX5600, I can't quite recall and I don't have access to the machine at the moment),  Intel 82815 (Aida32 also shows "3D Accelerator:  Intel i752" but maybe that's part of the 815) and ATI Mobility M1 (3D Accelerator:   ATI Rage P/M Mobility).

So if someone could clarify which packs I need to cover those, I'd be very grateful.  If I can then edit those packs to remove all but the drivers I need (or at least remove several unneeded folders) that would help keep the size of my image down and be even better, so please confirm if that's possible.

Thanks

Re: [SLVD] Which packs do I need for these cards?

DriverPack Graphics C is for legacy hardware.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Thanks very much. I guess it should've been obvious that chips that old are legacy smile

Do yourself a favor and remove the AIMM from the Vectra VL400 & find a compatible AGP 4x card.
Onboard video of that era would be cruel to saddle upon someone!  At least the FX5200 supports PS & VS 2.0.

Last edited by TechDud (2012-04-18 06:57:38)

Heh, I was thinking the same myself earlier, although it's not too desperate as it's only being used as an RDP station to a Win7 PC anyway. Would be nice if it could run at the monitor's native res of 1440x900 though!

Does that use RemoteFX?
1440x900 should work fine with the FX5x00 card, as long as either a digital cable is used, or a VGA cable that properly passes the EDID info.  You'd know if you plugged in the monitor/VGA cable into another machine with the AC cord unplugged from the monitor.  Windows should autodetect it's presence. (see EnTech's SoftMCCS)  If not, you might have a non-compliant cable or KVM switch.

Insert coin to continue. big_smile

Last edited by TechDud (2012-04-18 07:48:29)

I wish! That's only available when connecting to a Server 2008 machine.

Yeah I'm sure the FX5x00 will run 1440x900 just fine but that's in another VL400 unfortunately. I'm sure I can pick up something similar easily enough though. I did find what I thought was an FX5x00 in my cupboard but it turned out to be a 4MB Riva 128 hiding in the wrong box and so was more of an downgrade from the IGP than an upgrade smile