Topic: New natively supported installation platform: multibootDisc

This new installation platform needs to be tested thoroughly. I'm confident it only needs internally minor tweaking, but for you, the user, it can still cause a very painful headache. So please be ware. If you use this installation platform, be prepared to face some misery first.

If you want to join the beta testing for this particular platform, let me know by replying to this topic!

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Re: New natively supported installation platform: multibootDisc

Hi Bâshrat,

You can sign me up as betatester for this platform, been using your driverpacks for quite some time now on my XP + MCE2005 +ERD multibootdisks. Hope to get it working again soon, but I can feel we're almost there.

Bâshrat,

I'd be glad to help testing multiboot. In fact I dit post about multiboot critical error to the topic CLOSED Multiboot question which You've closed.
OK, so Il'll report this and other bugs I'll find into bugtracker.

I know you need testing on the multiboot stuff... sorry I haven't had a chance to yet.  I have gotten very busy latley (again). sad

As soon as I get a chance I am gonna check it out. wink

I also use a form of mutliboot, not different OS, but for different users. I have 1 i386 folder, used to be 2 with UBCD but decided to create a seperate disc, and x number of folders for different users which contain the boot files.

I use BootFolder.exe by Nazgul to copy the boot files to the specific folders, and copy seperate winnt.sif and setupldr.bin files, would this setup be any use to test the multiboot options?. I know when I select my root folder I don't get any settings apart from being asked for a settings file.

@benners: If you have only one I386 directory, then you should use regular disc mode. But I'm afraid your winnt.sif files won't get updated both. Where are they located? And are there other files that are moved from their regular location?

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

@benners: If you have only one I386 directory, then you should use regular disc mode. But I'm afraid your winnt.sif files won't get updated both. Where are they located? And are there other files that are moved from their regular location?

I thought that, it was how I was doing it anyway. Regarding the winnt.sif files, I check periodically the line added to the [GuiRunOnce] section after slipstreaming the driverpacks, and, if it changes I update the sif files that are copied over during the making of a fresh DVD, I use XPlode and some AutoIt programs to do certain tasks like checking for program updates, compiling inno scripts and the copying of the i386 directory.

I have drive E: where the DVD root folder is created and modified files are copied from a location on D:, using XPlode, the disc is built from scratch each time and previous builds are deleted. Other files that are moved are txtsetup.sif and setupldr.bin, the original ones are then deleted from the i386 folder.

Thanks

Hmmm... no need for a beta test I think smile It's working smoothly here big_smile Both method 1 and 2. You can expect 6.08.4 tonight! wink