Topic: [SLVD] Ati Radeon Mobility x1700 - Graphics A 9.12.1- failed install

Hello...
I have an asus a8jp with a radeon x1700 and I just tried graphics a 9.12.1.  Device manager lists it as an x1700, but with an exclamation.
Unfortunately, I deleted all the left-over driver pack files, once windows was installed, so I don't have the log available.  I can always reformat, if you really need it.
Another, similar, thread said that it was probably something changed in the mobility.inf.
I'll answer anything else I can.
JJ

Last edited by doubleJ (2010-01-09 03:11:35)

Re: [SLVD] Ati Radeon Mobility x1700 - Graphics A 9.12.1- failed install

Are you sure you deleted them all? 

%systemroot%\DPsFnshr.log would be nice... and may not have been deleted.

%systemroot%\setupapi.log (the part that deals with your HWID only)

Please read "Read BEFORE you post" linked to in my signature.

You have OMITTED WAY TOO MUCH INFO to help you.
IE did you install  win 2K, win XP (home, pro, OEM, Retail) or win 2K3 - 2k3 R2? what SP of the OS was used?
Did you use nLite or RVM? did you slipstream any updates?
What are the HWIDs? Tool linked in my signature...
Which DriverPacks method did you use?
IE Disc or SAD, M1 or M2, how was the finisher called? Which control panel option was selected?
which version of DriverPacks BASE did you use?
etc...

Help us to help you - details are the key. The inverse of that is "no details no help".

posting your DPs_BASE.log will supply 90% of the missing info.

Again... read "read before you post" (it is called that and plastered everywhere for a reason wink)

check off each item until you have checked them all off!!!

Welcome to DriverPacks.

PS Kudos for indicating you used search!

Last edited by OverFlow (2010-01-09 00:09:32)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Apologies for the lack of information.  I would have assured that I, at least included the os, had I not been able to re-read my post.
As said, I did delete your files (basically everything that I knew wasn't ordinary).
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71D5&SUBSYS_12421043&REV_00\4&2D404BB6&0&0008: ATI Mobility Radeon X1700
I made xpsp2 pro from an xpsp1a volume licensing corporate.  I used the latest nlite (1491) to slipstream sp2, Addon_Microsoft.Net_20SP2_20091021.7z, MicrosoftRuntimeLibraries-1.4.8-Addon.7z, and ProgramAddons_RealVNC_4.1.2.cab, RedDX_0.8.1_32bit_AddOn.7z.
I used the latest base (8125) with the latest driver packs (I know graphics b wasn't included, I don't think graphics c was).  All options were default (disc, m2, etc...), except I chose Ati Catalyst New and Nvidia Control Panel New.
I did all steps in nlite, except build iso, before integrating the driver packs.
I removed all directories, except i386, from the xp files, to allow the extras to fix.  I also removed the upgrade and language directory from i386.
Anything else?
JJ

Last edited by doubleJ (2010-01-09 03:13:27)

Yes, Overflow is correct.
We'll need to see your DPs_BASE.log, DPsFnshr.log, and possibly your %windir%\setupapi.log after you reformat (if you've deleted those logs).
Follow the link Overflow posted since it indicates where the logs are located.  Make sure you post the right DPs_BASE.log since it will have changed if you re-ran DriverPacks BASE since the main integration.

Just curious, why are you using a VLK source and NOT integrating SP3? I would have thought all companies would have upgraded to SP3 by now for security purposes.

Welcome to DriverPacks!

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

I don't use sp3, because it overheats my core2duo laptop and causes shutdowns (on of the hotfixes between sp2 and sp3 causes it, sp3, and windows 7 are all effected).  Secondarily, it's just a vol source, not necessarily for vol use.  I like vol as it doesn't require authentication.
I wouldn't use sp2, except so much requires it.  My first unattended cd was without and too much stuff was funky.
I'm e-mailing windows\setupapi.log.
JJ

Edit...
Hmmm...
The e-mail is too long.  Can I have an e-mail address or attach to the post?
JJ

Last edited by doubleJ (2010-01-09 09:27:44)

Compress them all (rar, 7z, cab, doesn't matter) and email as a single attachment.  (email under my name)

I find it very difficult to believe that SP3 would cause overheating.
Also using a VLK source in a home setting is VERY unorthodox because of the nature of the license.  Your best bet is using the OEM method your notebook came with (which also does not require online activation).

*Edit,
I'm also finding it difficult to believe you're not violating the terms of the VLK license by using it at home.  Prove me wrong.
From wikipedia:

Typically the licence ... must only be within the licensee's organisation ...  If a volume licence key becomes known and used outside of the organisation it is licensed to then this is regarded as software piracy.

We at DriverPacks do not support or condone software piracy.

I still don't see ability to attach.  Am I missing something?
JJ

Edit...
There are 3 dual-core hotfixes for xp.  I don't normally install hotfixes, but this was supposed to improve performance and I wanted more for the games, so I tried it.  Within minutes, my laptop (asus a8jp) shut down.  The exhaust was very hot.  I let it cool down and tried it again.  Over a weekend, my laptop shut down more than 10 times (note that it wasn't before the hotfix).  I uninstalled the hotfix and it stopped shutting down.  When sp3 was released, I tried it.  The same thing happened.  I played with windows 7 for about a week and the same thing happened.  It is presumption that sp3/win7 include that hotfix, but it's a pretty good presumption.
JJ

Edit...
Note that it doesn't overheat in normal usage, only when gaming (titan quest, sacred 2, etc...).
JJ

Last edited by doubleJ (2010-01-09 09:52:16)

doubleJ wrote:

I still don't see ability to attach.  Am I missing something?

Click the "E-mail" hyperlink under my name.  Directly to the left of this post.  roll

I see the problem...
Overflow's e-mail link goes to a page, not an e-mail address.  If I e-mail mr_smartepants, will it get where it needs to go?
JJ

Edit...
Now mr_smartepants is that way, too.
JJ

Last edited by doubleJ (2010-01-09 10:27:58)

LOL... @mr_smartepants only Mods or better can see the email address. Members are taken to a form / page. So he can only get your email if you reply to him wink. I saw his email but I did not recognize it so I did not reply wink. Once you or I reply to him he will not be limited by form mail. The form mail basically has the same restrictions as posting to the forum.

I agree with your assessment that he is using a non legitimate VLK version. Normally I would think it very likely that if he used a legitimate version that his overheating issue would no longer appear. smile Most of the time versions that are obtained through dubious means were hacked by someone who is not very skilled. This causes all kinds of strange things to happen. From a support standpoint this is a nightmare, one we avoid like the plague.

Normally I would advise "Get a legitimate OEM or Retail version to start with. See if the overheating issue is solved. My bet is; YES. That will then allow you to use SP3 which is to your advantage for many reasons wink. You may find that the driver issue goes away as well big_smile." Is tainted by the report of Win7 having the same issue.

I think it is quite strange you have the same issue with Win7, (and shoots down my theory above) have you checked for a BIOS update from the OEM? Checked for a custom chipset driver from the OEM? Checked for a Power Management Application / Driver? This type of issue is normally reported an then addressed by the manufacturer of your laptop and usually quite quickly! The fact that the issue spans multiple OS's seems to indicate it is an issue with the model... That being the case, if they have not already had it reported and fixed it, you should report it and then they will fix it. It is reasonable to assume that you are not the only one who has this problem... what does Google say about it? (perhaps your laptop is broken and under warranty? IE CPU Heatsink / fan not operating at 100%)

Thanks for following up with most excellent details, it really does "help us to help you"!

Jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

The vlk is from work and we have plenty of spare licenses, as we've started replacing built/upgraded computers with new bought computers.
My laptop came with mce, which I've never liked.  Why would I use it for my source?  Yes, I am using an os that I didn't pay for.  I would question whether you have/are.
The issue with overheating/vlk/sp3 has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Support for the overheating problem was never brought up by me.  I was simply answering your questions, to the best of my ability.
It isn't reasonable for it to be a hardware problem when software always changes it.
Why do you care what os I use?
I've used your graphics packs on 6 computers in the past 2 weeks and all of them have been fine, with this exception.
Will the information that I've given help to resolve the x1700 driver issue, or do I still need to reformat?
I consider myself to be fairly technical, so I understand the "my way/highway" mentality with others, but in this instance it is taking the thread in a wrong direction.  I've seen many 10 page threads for 4 worthwhile posts.  I would imagine that it irritates you when you read them, too.
JJ

Yes, we've definitely drifted well off-topic.  Happens all the time...
I can always be reached at mr_smartepants at DriverPacks dot net
Email me the three logfiles and I'll see what's going on with your laptop.  It's certainly something screwy with the mobility.inf.
I'll see what I can do.  You may be asked to test a nightly build of DriverPack Graphics A to see if it solves your problem. smile

doubleJ wrote:

Yes, I am using an os that I didn't pay for.  I would question whether you have/are.

It's certainly fair for you to ask.  I've always paid for my OS's or I use the OEM versions that matches the SLP sticker attached to the system.  That's why I made the OEM XP autoscan activation addon (linked in my signature).  I'm also assisting in the development of a Win7 OEM autoscan addon as well.

Got the email.

[2010/01/06 20:26:10 740.1164 Driver Install]
#-019 Searching for hardware ID(s): pci\ven_1002&dev_71d5&subsys_12421043&rev_00,pci\ven_1002&dev_71d5&subsys_12421043,pci\ven_1002&dev_71d5&cc_030000,pci\ven_1002&dev_71d5&cc_0300
#-018 Searching for compatible ID(s): pci\ven_1002&dev_71d5&rev_00,pci\ven_1002&dev_71d5,pci\ven_1002&cc_030000,pci\ven_1002&cc_0300,pci\ven_1002,pci\cc_030000,pci\cc_0300
#-198 Command line processed: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\setup.exe"  -newsetup
#I022 Found "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71D5" in C:\D\G\A\mobility.inf; Device: "ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1700 "; Driver: "ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1700 "; Provider: "ATI Technologies Inc."; Mfg: "ATI Technologies Inc."; Section name: "ati2mtag_M56".
#I087 Driver node not trusted, rank changed from 0x00002001 to 0x0000a001.
#I023 Actual install section: [ati2mtag_M56]. Rank: 0x0000a001. Effective driver date: 07/21/2009.
#-166 Device install function: DIF_SELECTBESTCOMPATDRV.
#I063 Selected driver installs from section [ati2mtag_M56] in "c:\d\g\a\mobility.inf".
#I320 Class GUID of device remains: {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
#I060 Set selected driver.
#I058 Selected best compatible driver.
#-124 Doing copy-only install of "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71D5&SUBSYS_12421043&REV_00\4&2D404BB6&0&0008".
#E360 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "c:\d\g\a\mobility.inf" for driver "ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1700 " will be installed (Policy=Ignore). Error 0xe000022f: The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information.
#-024 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ati2mtag.sys" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ati2mtag.sys".
#E360 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "c:\d\g\a\mobility.inf" for driver "ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1700 " will be installed (Policy=Ignore). Error 0xe000022f: The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information.
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ati2erec.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ati2erec.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\SET12B.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ati2dvag.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2dvag.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET12C.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ati2cqag.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2cqag.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET12D.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\Ati2mdxx.exe" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2mdxx.exe" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET12E.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ati3duag.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati3duag.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET12F.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ativvaxx.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxx.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET130.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\atiicdxx.dat" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiicdxx.dat" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET131.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ativva5x.dat" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativva5x.dat" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET132.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ativva6x.dat" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativva6x.dat" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET133.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\amdpcom32.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdpcom32.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET134.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\atiadlxx.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiadlxx.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET135.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ativvaxx.cap" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativvaxx.cap" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET136.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ATIBRTMON.EXE" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIBRTMON.EXE" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET137.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ATIDDC.DLL" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIDDC.DLL" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET138.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\atitvo32.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\atitvo32.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET139.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ativcoxx.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ativcoxx.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET13A.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ati2evxx.exe" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2evxx.exe" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET13B.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ati2evxx.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2evxx.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET13C.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\atipdlxx.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\atipdlxx.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET13D.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\Oemdspif.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Oemdspif.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET13E.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ati2edxx.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2edxx.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET13F.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\atikvmag.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\atikvmag.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET140.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\atifglpf.xml" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\atifglpf.xml" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET141.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\ATIDEMGX.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ATIDEMGX.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET142.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\atiiiexx.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiiiexx.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET143.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\atioglxx.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\atioglxx.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET144.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\atiok3x2.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiok3x2.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SET145.tmp".
#-336 Copying file "c:\d\g\a\.\B_85563\atiogl.xml" to "C:\WINDOWS\atiogl.xml" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\SET146.tmp".
#-166 Device install function: DIF_REGISTER_COINSTALLERS.
#I056 Coinstallers registered.
#-166 Device install function: DIF_INSTALLINTERFACES.
#-011 Installing section [ati2mtag_M56.Interfaces] from "c:\d\g\a\mobility.inf".
#I054 Interfaces installed.
#-166 Device install function: DIF_INSTALLDEVICE.
#I123 Doing full install of "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71D5&SUBSYS_12421043&REV_00\4&2D404BB6&0&0008".
#I121 Device install of "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71D5&SUBSYS_12421043&REV_00\4&2D404BB6&0&0008" finished successfully.

Looks to me like everything installed fine.  I'll go through the .inf again.  It's possible that a needed file is missing.

Would downloading the graphics drivers from asus help?
JJ

It's possible.  I'll download those and compare them.

Has there been any furtherance on this?  I'd be happy to test a new version if/when it comes out.
JJ

Not really.  Real-life issues are always getting in the way.
I do have the asus drivers and when I find time I'll compare them.

Cool.
JJ

Just so you guys know...
The new pack still doesn't work with this gpu.
JJ

Crap, I thought it was fixed. sad
I'll try to go through it once more.

Unless I'm doing something wrong.  I'm using the driver pack app to slipstream into nliteos.
JJ

Can you post your DPs_BASE.log?

Not without reformatting, again.  I delete all accessory stuff after install.
Would the previous logs be of benefit?  They are a few posts back.
JJ

Last edited by doubleJ (2010-05-22 04:15:39)

You never posted your DPs_BASE.log.  I only received your email with the setupapi.log.
I'd like to see how you're integrating the DriverPacks.

Ah, my bad...
I knew there were logs, I forgot which ones.
JJ