Topic: Being Prompted to Install Intel (R) Q35 after sysprep (Graphics B)

After sysprep runs on the new computer that it is being installed. Driverfinisher kicks in and moves all the drivers to c:\windows\options, the problem is when that runs I get a "New hardware detect" and its the video driver and I have to click on next to let it scan to add the driver.

The driver located in D:\G\I1 does work and it does install it but it just doent do it auto and therefore I get prompted for it.

Driver Signing Options is turned to Ignore before sysprep runs.

Note I had a issue with I4 folder so I deletect as it was picking up the wrong driver for intel Q35.

Any idead all
If More info is needed please just.

Windows XP SP3 (Corp edition)

Re: Being Prompted to Install Intel (R) Q35 after sysprep (Graphics B)

Don't use KTD...

Do use SAD...
  Specific info
    http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 693#p29693
  General info;
    Read this topic http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=2695

Please read the sticky posts in this forum... especialy the ones with recent info/posts wink tongue
  Lots of good stuff is already here for a motivated individual to absorb. big_smile
    In fact 95% of the info you need to succeed is already documented here in great detail... have a look around.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow, Very interesting read for sure, going back and fore. Anyhow after reading everything in that post; I still do not understand how to create the SAD file and how to run it.

As you mentioned in the other post, its possible to move the drivers to a different location after the image is dumped, which is what I want to, because thats how my KTD file is setup.

Do I create this SAD file or is there one already made and what commands do I run before sysprep.

Please advise
Once again, thank you for the support

why do you feel you need KTD...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Well, I want to be able to save the drivers local after the image gets dumped. After reading post after post, KTD is the one way to do so, but keep in mind it might not be the best way to do it as mentioned by you. What other way I can do this? Doesnt KTD do a final install of drivers after the image gets dumped? I was told that not only KTD moves the drivers to a path you desire but it also install drivers, is this true?

What is this SAD you talk about. I read up on it but still not clear on how to create it or use it.

Also what makes KTD run after sysprep on the new image. Does it run auto if the file DPsFnshr.ini is present, or does the C:\DevPath.exe command makes it to run.

Thanks Again Man

Last edited by playtoy (2009-06-11 14:07:43)

KTD does not do exactly what you think it does...

KTD just leaves the drivers taking up space on your HDD... that is not what you want...
you want the drivers installed... (don't you?)
After the machine is deployed you don't need them anymore do you? (burning Gigabytes of HDD space)
So really you don't wish to "Keep The Drivers" (KTD)
you just want to borrow them till the machine is deployed

You want to install the drivers... that is what SAD does.

DriverPacks BASE creates the SAD folder... run BASE select SAD...

more related posts
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 612#p31612
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 078#p31078

Yes you are correct, I want the drivers installed and also would like to keep them somewhere on the C drive. I know this will take up space. Now saying that, I exacuted DPs_BASE and select SAD and then exported the .ini file without choosing any drivers to splimstream them with my image as I just need the SAD file.

Is the .ini file the SAD file i need. What is the SAD folder you talk about? It does not create any folder, after I run BASE. Also what command do I need to run before sysprep because as of know the commands i run before sysprep are:

C:\devpath.exe C:\d
C:\sysprep\ROE.exe 937
And then my sysprep command --> c:\sysprep'syspre.exe -reseal -activated -mini -pnp -quiet

Please advise OverFlow
Thanks

Note, A donation will be made as I am using this in a workplace and also to thank Overflow for the help that he is giving me as well.

well then you are actually talking about true KTD... 
I need to understand why you want KTD to be able to give you the best answer...
The solution may be different based on your intent. 
  IE there is no reason to EVER KTD for chipset drivers.
  (if you put in a new MB (requiring a chipset driver) your going to reimage anyway because of HAL issues)

Show me your DPs_BASE.log and i will tell you where your SAD folder is...
Hint is was the location you used when you ran SAD. If you did not browse to a location then it created \DriverPacks.net\ at the root of the HDD you ran DriverPacks BASE from. (IE C:\DriverPacks.net\)

you will not end up with an INI you will end up with a folder... that contains all that you need.

Run DriverPacks.net\DP_Inst_Tool.cmd  ANY  TIME  YOU  LIKE...

runonceex guirunonce manually - 6 months after the install
you could put it on a memory stick and run it from there... if you were upgrading a video card for example.

there are very very very few situations where KTD is cool - I have seen some... but its rare.
the reason is hardware seldom changes after deployment.
If it does, then a Tech is going to be there installing it, and he can use a current copy of the packs tu update teh drivers by ODD or mem stick, USB HDD, Network repository... wherever teh current copy is. hardware does not add itself...

give me some details and we will give you the solution.
Jaak used to always say "Help us to help you."

OverFlow this post will be long.

Ideally, All that I am doing or want to do is the following which so far it is working. We have 3 different kinds of pc at our workplace so which means we hace 3 different images that were created by myself back in the days but now there are getting harder and harder to maintain with SMS and WSUS. Pc are --> P5B-VM DO, P5E-VM DO, P5LD2-VM

Never the less, I am starting from starch from a fresh image so taking one of the 3 pc listed above (example P5B-VM DO) I am doing the following.

1) Install Windows Pro SP2
2) Windows Update --> SP3
3) Installing MS Word 2003

Everything else will be done by SMS as I want to keep this universal image as basic as possible. So once the above is done, I do not install any drivers for that pc yet, so which mean everything in device manager is not installed.

4) Before I begin sysprep, I delete the processor information in the registry command --> "sc config intelppm start= disabled", Then I reboot then within device manager I delete the Processor, I DO not reboot and then delete the registry key "intelppm"
5) At this point on another computer I have prepared all the necessary files that I need to sysprep and integrate the driverpacks. This folder gets copied over to the root of C without the folder, so just the files.

What contains in this folder. (Imaging Folder)
- D folder --> Extracted all the driverpacks drivers. (C/G/L/M/S/W) Note, For the Chipset folder I only kept the Intel stuff as the AMD were giving me errors when it ran
- Sysprep Folder --> My sysprep.inf that I have modified and been using for years now. I have added the following entry in my sysprep.ini file for driverpacks according to the sticky in this section.

[Unattended]
UpdateInstalledDrivers = Yes
DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore

[SysprepMassStorage]

- Sysprep Folder --> ROE.exe is also located in the sysprep folder also with all the other default sysprep files (setupcl.exe etc)
- Within the root of the Imaging folder I have the following files as well.
   - devcon.exe
   - DevPath.exe
   - DpsFnshr.exe
   - DPsFnsher.ini file

Here is what my DPsFnsher.ini file looks like after I modified it:

DPsFnsher.ini file
[Settings]
; DO NOT SET THIS MANUALLY, LET THE DriverPacks BASE DO IT FOR YOU! (may NOT contain any spaced, if it does, all exceptions must be adapted to be compatible!)
DPsRoot    = "%SystemDrive%"
; DO NOT SET THIS MANUALLY, LET THE DriverPacks BASE DO IT FOR YOU!
KTD = "paths:D\C;D\G;D\L;D\M;D\S;D\W"
; system variables supported (see remarks for a list) one location cannot be used as
; KTDlocation: the root directory specified in[Settings]\DPsRoot
KTDlocation    = "%SystemRoot%\Options\Drivers"
; system variables supported (see remarks for a list)
logLocation = "%SystemRoot%"
; enables/disables debug mode (enabled by default)
debug = "true"

- All the DriverPack_*_wnt5_x86-32.ini files that are provided with the download.
   - DSPdsblr.exe
   - makePNF.exe
   - mute.exe
   - pmtimer.exe
   - MassStorage.cmd --> This is a batch script that was made by someone on this forum to add all the chipset drivers I have within the d:\D folder to
     my [SysprepMassStorage] section.

Now listed above are files that get transferred over to the pc that I will be running sysprep on.

Steps that I take to prepare before sysprep and up to sysprep.
Note* The following commands are being done on the pc that is being used to build the image*

Note, the below two steps are already down as part of the files/folder that gets transferred to the pc image.
1) sysprep.exe -bmsd  --> As you know this will get all windows pci drivers and places them into the  [SysprepMassStorage] section.
2) run masstorage.exe D\M --> This will print out to a file all of the Mass-storage within the driverpacks. After it spits it out into a file, I make sure there are no broken links aka gaps, I then insert then into the [SysprepMassStorage] section.

3) c:\devpath.exe c:\d
4) c:\makePNF.exe c:\d --> I was running this command, until you told me not to in the other post smile
5) sysprep\ROE.exe 937  (At this point I do not reboot as it will run this command)

And last but not least my sysprep command
6) c:\sysprep\sysprep.exe -reseal -activated -mini -pnp -quiet

At this point the sysprep will run for about 20-25 mins or so. However sometime the sysprep runs for only 1 mins and I know there is something wrong so I then let it finish and re-do the above steps again, not sure why this happens but oh well.

After sysprep takes its time the pc then turns off.  At this point I will then insert my multibootdisk that I made to dump the image to the network but before that I want to make sure everything got installed and ran perfect. I know by letting it bootup and letting sysprep run again I will need to do the above steps again.

So sysprep runs it takes its time as its installing the drivers and then when login into windows the driverpack runs. Apparently it is claiming cleaning registry in the bottom left corner and then it moves my d folder to --> C:\windows\system32\options, which is what I want as the team that are deploying these images would like to have the drivers said in a folder rather then carrying there usb stick that have the drivers. Dont ask why they just want them stored on the pc just in case.

Note run the dbsfinsih runs, I get a prompted to Install Intel (R) Q35 (Graphics B). If I hit ok it looks for the driver in C:\windows\system32\options\g\i2 and all I have to do is hit next and it install with no problem. At this point everything in device manager is installed just nicely, but questions is which is why this thread started to begin with is why I’m I being prompted if it knows the driver is there. I personally dont really care about this, one prompt is better then a lot of prompts. As of now I have no problem leaving it like that and deploying the image like that. I am prompted when dbsfnshr is running for the driver install.

Anyhow OverFlow, the above is the exact step I do from start of the image to the end. Do you for see any problems on how I am doing this. I have read up many posts and I think I got it down pat. Answer to your questionYes then it is true KTD that I want to use.

If I leave it the way I am doing it, it should be good no? Honestly I didn’t even use DPs_BASE, I just extracted the drivers from the driverpacks.

Let me know what you think.
Sorry for the long post smile

Thanks Again

um... Wow that sure is a hard way to do it...
If it works great, but not the way most of our users or I would do it.

Did you find your SAD folder? ...

#1 Installing XP SP2 then updating to sp3 first thing is sloppy.
     It creates an unnecessary mess and burns disc space needlessly.
     Slipstream SP3 to your source. Minimum... it would not hurt to add patches you need too.
     ...Remember you said "basic as possible" <IE clean>... you shot yourself in the foot right out of the chute wink
     The Result is a Lean Mean Processing Machine
     (None of the uninstaller reg entries, files & BS - You're not going to uninstall them anyway)

#2a Use DriverPacks BASE to add the mass storage text mode drivers (Only) to your source.
     - By doing this you don't need -bsmd or the mass storage section in your sysprep.ini... the mass storage drivers are already included as if they were provided by MS themselves. All you need to do is set the mass controller to standard IDE before you do that last shutdown... then the new controller will automatically be supported for text mode / PE / Mini setup. (much easier than all that garbage you went through)

#2b Use Offline SysPrep by Galepo to add your mass drivers.

Create a SAD M2 folder copy it to the image
IE "%SystemRoot%\Options\Drivers"
the drivers will remain at "%SystemRoot%\Options\Drivers" for anyone who needs them...
They can be extracted if needed...
OR "%SystemRoot%\Options\Drivers\DP_Inst_Tool.cmd may be run at any time (The prefered method of installing updateing drivers not to mention that it saves you 2 gig of disk space)

I like the fact you pre-extract the drivers to thier location for mini-setup.
Do devpath, make sure the devpath entry starts with SystemRoot\inf (i vaguely remember a bug where it had been ommited)
DON'T Make PNFs -=- (They only result in popup h*ll and possibly thousands of bleeps. Since every single pnf will fail driversigning (and unsigned drivers won't install anyway) - annoying and a waste of time the original signed INFs are readily available and are vastly prefered over their pnf cached versions...)

by simply adding the D\ folder structure to the devicepath reg entry 80% of drivers will be found and installed...
(KTD simply updates the path after the files have been moved. wink [well it also runs makepnf which is BAD])
( after Setup.exe has already run it is very very ineffective - and a good percentage will fail without the finisher running after a driver is installed (Graphics for example))
The ONLY ways to get the remaining drivers installed are to either run the DriverPacks finisher, or run the original installer program from the vendor.

See how far you get with those clues... and report back

HINT: you can use presetup.cmd to stage your drivers, finisher and related files and it also runs devpath. Do this right before you reseal and set the IDE controller to standard.  The script is already written and works perfect wink

Slipstream a source with DriverPacks (all packs you need) and then just copy the OEM folder to the root of any local disc... presetup will then be able to find it and stage everything for you tongue. Presetup.cmd will be in teh I386 folder of a M2 slipstreamed source, created the same time as the OEM folder.

WOW, alright you must be kidding me right!

I went ahead and followed the FAQ posted here by you --> http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=2264  and I must say it worked like a charm. Yes you are right it is alot better and less pain of a** then the way I do it with KTD and with all the pop up alerts etc.

Its less overhead for sure to maintain. OverFlow I have a few question based of your FAD SAD. After I run the DBsBase and slipstream all drivers into the SAD folder --> c:\driverpacks.net which it took 3 hours or so to run, which is all good as it only needs to be done once, now my question is;

How would I call the Dp_install_tool after sysprep runs on the new computer and dumps the image? Also lets say when the driverpacks.net folder is on the root of c and when I run the dp_install_tool DpsFinshr runs but it doesnt delete the folder on the root of c after dp_install_tool runs. In that being said the driverpacks folder is still left on the root of c which I would like for it to get deleted after the install_tool runs.

Othe then that it workes like a charm and I must say its a lot easier and better.

On a side note is there an FAD on 3rd party drivers and how to add them part of the install? Only the image that I am preparing there is a bio-metric reader and there I need to have the driver install as well.

Thanks again

hmmm 
If it took three hours you chose M1 not M2... if QSC was on then it will not take but a few minutes to do a second time wink   Cabbing the drivers was helpful when HDDs were smaller and DVDs were expensive.
Not a huge pick up these days... I would have chosen M2. But M2 does not offer the KTD functionality like M1 does.

However you could simply extract them rather than cabbing them.
IE choose only CPU Pack for the SAD M1 from DriverPacks BASE. Then simply extract all the remaining driver packs to the driverpacks.net folder (along with the CPU pack in the D\ folder) it burns more space but does not require you to wait for cabbing wink.

i told you how to run the dpinst tool when you dump the image - Use a runonceex reg entry, add it right before the final shut down. the folders and files will be deleted by the finisher, sometimes files are locked or are in use (the finisher itself for example)... if this happens they will be deleted after you reboot.. smile

Greetings

I will like to take this time to mention that I just made a donation to driverpacks.net for all the support that I am getting from Overflow.

Thank You

Wow... you are a DriverPacks hero!

Wim is still in college and books and beer are not as cheap as they used to be... big_smile
I'm sure he will put it to good use!

I thank you on behalf of DriverPacks.net

I don't know if you are aware but Donors get testing team access...
Please find that a Team forum that was previously hidden from your view is now accessable!

Thanks playtoy smile

Your donation will be used to pay the next server bill smile

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Not a problem at all.

And no I did not know about the hidden section, will take a look when I get a chance.

P.S. I was more then happy to donate, and its not the last time thats for sure.

Best
Paul