Topic: Vendor Specific Driver Packs

DriverPacks supports a huge list of vendors, but that makes the list of potential drivers large as well. This can bloat the final image if you wish to keep the drivers on-board. Is there a way or has anyone extracted drivers for a specific Vendor such as Dell? Or possibly by Dell computer model? Many image builders would like to streamline the driver list to only those approved by the vendor, this can be difficult with a huge store of drivers for Windows to pick from.

Re: Vendor Specific Driver Packs

Dell is not a hardware manufacturer, they use hardware from intel,broadcom, ati,nvidia,texas instruments,ricoh etc.. They only put their stamp on it. So there is no way to narrow the devices list used by Dell, HP or Lenovo simple because it changes every day. I strongly suggest you integrate all drivers so you have no problem. It does not bloat the image if you remove the unused drivers when your done or if you only integrate the drivers detected by windows or bart pe. Take a look at offlinesysprep for instance.

This is easy from your perspective.  Just download all the DriverPacks.  Extract them, then throw out the ones you don't want.
Recompress and you're done. 

Apart from MassStorage...edit at your own peril! big_smile

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

hi, before the automated output for supported device listing we had vendor specific devices with rebranded and such detail in those listings, and let me tell you that updating that listing was time-consuming.
In a way, having that rebranded detail could get more google hits, but it made no difference in the number of supported HWIDs.
The publishers do not always care about brand name in the driver, and the automated device list will not find what is not there.

I think we can live with this, because it really took a lot of man-hours to update each page for each release.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

And to the point, for third party...

We once had a discussion about doing branded only, and I remember the guy even asked for incomplete line of that brand.
(To his merit, he had built a pack for the models he used, but he still wanted us to fill the gaps he had in there.)
Why was that idea not approved?
Well, third party can be filtered to have as few as possible conflicting drivers only if people use and filter complete driver sets (using known techniques, and reporting/feedback), and since nobody says you cannot build your own strains you may even find out how and where your own built strains conflict with third party "moderated" releases.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.