Topic: Triple PhysX start w/choose-language-dialog

I have some annoyance., once with unpacker and twice with finisher.
1. Why THREE TIMES?
2. Why MUST I choose language? Mabe 'coz of my codepage (not english)?

Versions are XP latest (at present).

Last edited by leshekb (2009-01-19 21:28:52)

Re: Triple PhysX start w/choose-language-dialog

Can you post your DPsFnshr.log so I can see what's triggering the multiple installs?
PhysX by default is English.  If you install in a non-english OS, you'll get prompted for language.
Sorry, not my installer.  I'll poke around in there and see if I can see anything though.

Welcome to DriverPacks.net! smile
Please take the time to read this post before you respond.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

maybe you have three different versions of physx in your 3rd party DriverPack folder?

what is unpacker?

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

maybe you have three different versions of physx in your 3rd party DriverPack folder?

what is unpacker?

Nope, just single. As I can see in logs, finisher starts physx for N1 and N5!
2009-01-19 03:03:51 : <DBG>              [0] => N5
2009-01-19 03:03:51 : <DBG>              [1] => %DPSROOT%\D\G\N1\PhysX.exe|||%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\nv4_mini.sys
2009-01-19 03:03:51 : <DBG>              [2] => 0
2009-01-19 03:03:51 : <DBG>              [3] => 0
2009-01-19 03:03:51 : <DBG>              [4] => %DPSROOT%\D\G\N5\nv4_disp.inf
2009-01-19 03:03:51 : <DBG>              [5] => 0
2009-01-19 03:03:51 : <DBG>              [6] => %DPSROOT%\D\G\N1\PhysX.exe /qb

I suspect it mabe bug.

I named "unpacker" the first phase, BEFORE finisher. It started PhysX too.

And... Old PhysX (v.8.xxx) erroneous ignores /qb option. New, version 9, admit it. Anyway, I can't admit triple start. smile

Last edited by leshekb (2009-01-20 06:35:50)

Well, this problem is solved in the latest nightly! smile  N5\ is removed, thereby resolving the false trigger.
It wasn't a bug.  But your HWID was listed in both N1 & N5, that's why.
I'll look into the available PhysX switches.

Oh, and PhysX should never be installing during presetup (between txtsetup and GUIsetup).  I have seen a PhysX progressbar during T-34 of GUIsetup, but it doesn't install at that time.

I indeed removed N5, packed in N1 latest NV drivers (181.20) and in PhysX - latest v.9. It works seamlessly now (nomatter once or twice PhysX started). smile

Last edited by leshekb (2009-01-20 09:23:04)

mr_smartepants wrote:

PhysX by default is English.  If you install in a non-english OS, you'll get prompted for language.
Sorry, not my installer.  I'll poke around in there and see if I can see anything though.

Is it possible to use roguespear's installer to solve the language selection problem with physx?

I don't know.  RogueSpear knows a h*ll of a lot more about switchless installers than I ever will!

mr_smartepants wrote:

I don't know.  RogueSpear knows a h*ll of a lot more about switchless installers than I ever will!

If we use the roguespear's installer with -ai or -ai1 switch then the physx is installed correctly without asking language and the file size is quite smaller.
The problem is I don't know how to repack the installer or create a sfx archive that calls the ai or ai1 switch when runs the physx.exe

bfc_xxx wrote:
mr_smartepants wrote:

Is it possible to use roguespear's installer to solve the language selection problem with physx?

What do you mean by this? I posted a PhysX installer a couple weeks ago and noted that it follows "RogueSpear's multimode installer" standard. Is that what you're talking about? Or did he actually make one of his own as well?

edit-
Here is the one I posted: http://xp.xpdnc.org/PhysX.exe

That should follow the same [ -ai / -ai1 ] syntax that RogueSpear has in his installers. I don't have an nVidia card to test this, but if you have any issues, let me know and I'll see what I can do it.

Last edited by dumpydooby (2009-01-28 06:02:53)

I'm really going to have to get off my ass and learn how to build those multimode installers!  They're awesome! smile

dumpydooby wrote:
bfc_xxx wrote:
mr_smartepants wrote:

What do you mean by this? I posted a PhysX installer a couple weeks ago and noted that it follows "RogueSpear's multimode installer" standard. Is that what you're talking about? Or did he actually make one of his own as well?

edit-
Here is the one I posted: http://xp.xpdnc.org/PhysX.exe

That should follow the same [ -ai / -ai1 ] syntax that RogueSpear has in his installers. I don't have an nVidia card to test this, but if you have any issues, let me know and I'll see what I can do it.

The problem is that roguespear's installer needs the -ai or -ai1 switch and is not complete switchless to create a driverpack.
If I'm not wrong we need a complete switchless installer to build a driverpack like that.
I was thinking that we could use roguespear's multimode installer and SFXmaker to create a complete switchless installer and then build a driverpack.
Is that possible mr_smartepants??

LOL, you're confused.  But it's OK.
That PhysX installer was built by dumpydooby (in RogueSpear's style).  The DriverPacks Finisher doesn't care if the installers are switchless or require 15 switches, we just load those into the .ini.

To be honest, I haven't played that much with dumpydooby's PhysX installer.  I wish I could make my own, but I just can't find the time to learn that awesome method.  I hope I will soon.

If you want to try that installer, just replace my PhysX installer with dumpydooby's and change an entry in the DriverPack Graphics A .ini N1 section from this:

exc_2_command1  = "%DPSROOT%\D\G\N1\PhysX.exe /qb"

to this:

exc_2_command1  = "%DPSROOT%\D\G\N1\PhysX.exe -ai"

Easy! smile

mr_smartepants wrote:

LOL, you're confused.  But it's OK.
That PhysX installer was built by dumpydooby (in RogueSpear's style).  The DriverPacks Finisher doesn't care if the installers are switchless or require 15 switches, we just load those into the .ini.

To be honest, I haven't played that much with dumpydooby's PhysX installer.  I wish I could make my own, but I just can't find the time to learn that awesome method.  I hope I will soon.

If you want to try that installer, just replace my PhysX installer with dumpydooby's and change an entry in the DriverPack Graphics A .ini N1 section from this:

exc_2_command1  = "%DPSROOT%\D\G\N1\PhysX.exe /qb"

to this:

exc_2_command1  = "%DPSROOT%\D\G\N1\PhysX.exe -ai"

Easy! smile

wow very easy. I'll test it now.
Also I was confused who created the physx installer. Sorry dumpydooby.