Topic: Some thoughts about nForce massstorage drivers...

Do you try to install drivers for HDA Codec or nForce Ethernet manually? To get access to HDA Codec or Ethernet card directly, we have to install drivers for HDA Bus (by KB888111.exe) or NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator at first. These devices are Bus Extenders, i.e. some kind of switch. The idea (from some unattended forums) - NVRAIDBUS is Bus Extender too, and we are have to place all Extenders BEFORE all other RAID and AHCI hwids like a "PCI\...". TXTSETUP.OEM from one of randomly taken chipset drivers shows all clearly:

[Config.RAIDCLASS]

[Config.BUSDRV]
value = parameters\PnpInterface,5,REG_DWORD,1 ;(!)

; A HardwareIds.scsi.Service section specifies the hardware IDs of 
; the devices that a particular mass-storage driver supports. 
;
; [HardwareIds.scsi.Service]
; id = "deviceID","service"
;
; HardwareIds.scsi.Service 
;   Service specifies the service to be installed. 
;
; <deviceId > Specifies the device ID for a mass-storage device. 
; <service > Specifies the service to be installed for the device. 
;The following example excerpt shows a HardwareIds.scsi.Service section for a disk device:
;

[HardwareIds.scsi.RAIDCLASS]
id = "SCSI\NVIDIA__Raid_Disk________","nvrd32"
id = "SCSI\__NVIDIA_______Raid_Disk","nvrd32"
id = "SCSI\NVIDIA__Raid_Disk_20_____","nvrd32"
id = "SCSI\__NVIDIA____Raid_Disk_20","nvrd32"
id = "*_NVRAIDBUS","nvrd32"
id = "*NVRAIDBUS","nvrd32"
id = "*NVRAID20","nvrd32"

[HardwareIds.scsi.BUSDRV]
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0036", "nvgts" ; MCP04 SATA1
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_003E", "nvgts" ; MCP04 SATA2
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0054", "nvgts" ; CK804 SATA1
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055", "nvgts" ; CK804 SATA2
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0266", "nvgts" ; MCP51 SATA1
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0267", "nvgts" ; MCP51 SATA2
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_036F", "nvgts" ; MCP55 OEM
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_037E", "nvgts" ; MCP55 CHANNEL
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_037F", "nvgts" ; MCP55 UNUSED
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F6", "nvgts" ; MCP61 OEM
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F7", "nvgts" ; MCP61 CHANNEL
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03E7", "nvgts" ; MCP61 NSIP
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_044C", "nvgts" ; MCP65 RAID
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0558", "nvgts" ; MCP67 RAID, OEM
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0559", "nvgts" ; MCP67 RAID, CHANNEL
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_055A", "nvgts" ; MCP67 RAID, NBP
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07B9", "nvgts" ; MCP72 RAID

BTW, pay an attention to value = parameters\PnpInterface,5,REG_DWORD,1. SamLab wrote about it - http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 586#p25586. And many mentions about that registry key in forum...

Unfortunately, I can't to tell ALL my thoughts about PROPER integrating nvidia raid drivers to Windows. The language barriers sad. But I'll return to my post very soon, after some research wink. To be continued...

---------------------------------------
I'll continue... Without PnPInterface registry key Bus Extender will be initialized AFTER loading in memory. With that key it will be initialized AFTER locating appropriate device. All in English:

To support Plug and Play, a SCSI miniport driver must:

Be installed as a service for the HBA.
Have a PnPInterface entry in the registry that indicates the interfaces for that the miniport driver supports Plug and Play.

Installing a miniport driver as a service for a SCSI HBA is customarily done by providing an setup information (INF) file that matches the Plug and Play hardware ID for a given HBA to the correct driver to control that device. For details about setting up an INF file, see Plug and Play.

Unless a miniport driver is installed as a service for an HBA, the PnPInterface registry entry will prevent the miniport driver from initializing. The specified interfaces are initialized only when Plug and Play locates an appropriate HBA. If no service is properly assigned to the HBA, Plug and Play will never determine which driver to notify when it detects the device. This behavior is by design and a miniport driver should not attempt to circumvent it.

The PnPInterface registry entry should be made under the Services key for the miniport driver. For example, the following registry entry enables Plug and Play for a fictitious miniport driver called Twiddle.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services
\Twiddle
\Parameters
\PnpInterface
5 : REG_DWORD : 1
1 : REG_DWORD : 1
2 : REG_DWORD : 1
8 : REG_DWORD : 1

The values preceding REG_DWORD correspond to the INTERFACE_TYPE enumerated type declared in miniport.h. The values in this example indicate that the Twiddle miniport driver supports Plug and Play for the following interfaces: PCIBus (5), Isa (1), Eisa (2) and PCMCIABus (8). The value following REG_DWORD is a flag that indicates Plug and Play support for the interface. (Currently, this flag can be any value but must be present. In the future, the flag may be optional.)

After the PnPInterface values are set in the registry and the system is restarted, the miniport driver can be initialized as a Plug and Play driver. During initialization, the SCSI port driver checks the registry to determine whether the miniport driver should be run as a Plug and Play or legacy driver. The SCSI port driver checks the registry for each interface type that the miniport driver supports (for example, PCI and ISA). This is intended primarily to simplify debugging for writers of multiple-interface miniport drivers. The miniport driver writer should make sure that a miniport driver is capable of being run as a Plug and Play driver for all interfaces that driver supports.

Last edited by Debugger (2008-10-29 09:55:07)

Re: Some thoughts about nForce massstorage drivers...

KB888111.exe is part of XP SP3 so I suggest you update your OS pal. Leave the past behind. big_smile

JakeLD, it was an example only smile

I posted continue.

Thank you debugger -

as you stated - this is well known info
an we should not loose sight of it...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow, I think we are integrate nforce drivers unproperly.

Last edited by Debugger (2008-10-29 10:01:43)

understood
value = parameters\PnpInterface,5,REG_DWORD,1
is not addressed ...

bus extenders are addressed and have been for some time...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

merhaba 
nvdia cipset olan bütün anakartlarda nForce massstorage 0x0000007b hatasını alırsınız driverpack massstorage yapan çok zeki arkaşlarımız onu denemeyi unutmuş smile sanırım asus n2m-mx plus anakart da deneyin çalıştırın o zaman bende sizin driver pack da sorun olmadığını söyleyim...

sonuç driver pack  massstorage hatalıdır...

can we try that again in english please?

Hello nvdia cipset all of the city motherboard NFORCE massstorage 0x0000007b error driverpack if the massstorage very clever friend s him and forgot test i think i asus n2m-mx plus motherboard test the use and then you in me driver pack the problem said not ... Driver results massstorage pack flawed ...

Last edited by haliyucel (2008-11-13 10:43:00)

what version of base... and what version of mass storage?