Topic: The Best CMS

Looking at the main page of DPacks, a post by Bashrat says he's waiting for Drupal 6 to arrive which made me conclude that dpacks.net is built on drupal.

i want to learn CMS, but i can't decide which route will i go. is it Drupal or Joomla or any other you can suggest.

tnx. smile

Re: The Best CMS

sorry for the misunderstanding

Bâshrat the Sneaky was refering to the new site he is rolling out
our forum software is lame and he is going to develop a custom site with drupal.
we are not currently useing drupal.

it is my understanding that google uses drupal - is that a nudge in the correct direction?

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Got my "Pro Drupal Development" book this Christmas.  Man, this stuff isn't for the faint of heart.

if it were easy then everyone would be doing it
and they wouldnt pay well for developers.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Drupal is a nightmare to use – and indeed, while it can be said it is very functional, it takes too many third party modules to make it work. This is a hindrance, not a feature. Try adding simple pictures. There are so many modules to handle this simple task that it fails to become simple anymore.

Joomla, is best suited for small to medium sized businesses and promotes better webmaster independence because it is colossally easier to use than Drupal, but a little harder than Wordpress.

I can’t beleive I’m seeing people put Wordpress second to Drupal and over Joomla – what? Wordpress is too simple.

If these were cars Drupal is the Ferrari (high performance yet high maintenance – better be a trained driver) Joomla is a caddy, smooth ride with expected performance – many templates available. Wordpress is like a Geo Metro. Super simple and economical, something EVERYBODY can drive or use.

I use and build with all three – Joomla is the winner – and when Joomla 1.6 comes out, it will leave Drupal in the dust. Depending, durpal’s out of the box features with blogs and forums may still beat Joomla, but not in the form of user groups anymore.

link removed....

Bâshrat the Sneaky (Wim Leers)

Has almost finished with or has a masters degree in computer science, and is an international speaker for drupal, and has developed many of the so many modules you referenced wink. Drupal is in use by the big guys and if you want to work with them you need to be able to play with thier tools wink. Wim started DriverPacks when he was 14.... I don't think he is looking for something easy, he wants the best. Hey if you can write your own modules then there is nothing to stop you really is there?

You may not have noticed but the "new" site that we were talking about is now in place.
Our home page is in drupal...

If i were going to make a critisizm it would be the look... most drupal sites seem somewhat alike.
But looks aren't everything.  (links removed - no spam)

WP is the most widely used content management tool and it is amazing that it is the only CMS that makes ten thousands of people to begin blogging and to enter web publishing. But it is definitely hard to compare WP with any other popular CMS including Joomla. It just do not have the options Joomla offers.

WP is a blog-only CMS. It's not cleanly extensible: you  have to hack code to install new features. There's no separation of theme and functionality: functionality gets hacked in to the theme.
Depending on your needs, that's perfect or awful smile

It all depends!

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

wordpress is very good for blogging only purpose but as wimleers said it has various limitations smile