Topic: VPC Network issues?

Hey All,

I don't know if this is just my problem or not... But I can't seem to get my LAN working inside of VirtualPC anymore.
Device manager shows that it is installed and working, but shows network cable is disconnected (how? I am typing on the same cable?!?) Doesn't matter if I set the NIC to shared, or dedicate it a card...

The funny thing is that I can PXE boot a blank VPC with no issues...

Any Ideas?

Last edited by twig123 (2007-09-05 11:59:33)

Re: VPC Network issues?

Can you post your HWID ? Maybe a tweak I did removed some core files...i doubt it but who knows. I tested it in VMWare and it works fine, I can give a shot on Virtual PC. Did you use 7.08 or the test version 7.09.1 ? I suggest you use 7.09.1 which is the most recent one. You can get it from the FTP or the test team forums.

I've had this problem in the past, and I've found that it was caused by removing drivers from driver.cab with nLite.  If I select to NOT remove any drivers using nLite, everything in VPC works perfectly.
VPC just uses synthetic hardware/software drivers to interface with the host system.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

mr_smartepants wrote:

I've had this problem in the past, and I've found that it was caused by removing drivers from driver.cab with nLite.  If I select to NOT remove any drivers using nLite, everything in VPC works perfectly.
VPC just uses synthetic hardware/software drivers to interface with the host system.

I do have drivers set to be removed, but nothing even remotly related to network... (ex: Printers). I used the 708 but the newer pack came out the day after I made my build... and I would think that the VPC would have all the same HWID's right? (i dunno).

...I also noticed that the sound Driver was not installed in VPC either (strange).
I'm testing with VMware as we speak, and will have the results of that to post when I get home today.

I just tested my build in VMware... and network installs, but not sound or video sad
What is going on here? I dont remember having any of this issues in the past.

Anyone else having these issues?