Topic: Sysprep image

I am currently working on syspreped image containing driverpacks. I have ktd set to keep the drivers. Is there any way to keep the drivers in C:\D and not have them moved?

Re: Sysprep image

I was asking myself the same question, I'm doing lot of test to find a solution right now. I will let you know if I find one.

Change the KTD directory in the DPsFnshr.ini.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

I don't wanna move any drivers, I want them to stay in the same directory since I executed DEVPATH.exe prior to this, if they get moved the registry value won't point in the correct directory. So I tried this.

DPsFnshr.ini:

[Settings]
DPsRoot    = "%SystemDrive%\D"
KTD = "paths:D\3;D\C;D\CPU\;D\G;D\L;D\M;D\S;D\W"
KTDlocation    = "%SystemDrive%\D"
logLocation = "%TMP%"
debug = "true"

The drivers folder stayed the same (C:\D) but DPsFnshr.exe gaved on error on 1st boot after, plus the INI file were not cleaned, the rest was do (devcon, mute.exe, DPsFnshr.exe, DPsFnshr.ini, ATICCC.ins, pmtimer.exe, makepnf.exe)

I also tried this. Same result.

DPsFnshr.ini:

[Settings]
DPsRoot    = "%SystemDrive%\D"
KTD = "paths:D\3;D\C;D\CPU\;D\G;D\L;D\M;D\S;D\W"
KTDlocation    = "%SystemDrive%\DP"
logLocation = "%TMP%"
debug = "true"

Well I've tried a ton of different ways to get it to keep the drivers in c:\d and still can't seem to figure out anywork around. I ge the same errors as jakeld does or it just simply deletes the folder.
If Bâshrat the Sneaky has any other suggestions, that would be great.

If this is not implemented in Dpsbase, could this be implemented sometime in the future?

In case anyone is wondering the reason that I dont want to move the files is that moving all the files (1.4GB) takes about 6 mins to move on the current hardware that I am supporting. I need to keep the image deployment time down as low as possible.

As always thanks for any insights.

Plus yours entries for your drivers location in regedit wont be the same anymore.

You might find some help on the matter in my post http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=2034

Assuming that the Dpsfnshr completes corectly, the devpath is changed in the registry from c:\D to whatever directory in the KTD location. see below. So anything that you add to the system will find the drivers in the right place.

2007-09-19 07:23:16 : <KTD>  KTD cache location set: "C:\WINNT\Drivers".
2007-09-19 07:23:16 : <KTD>  System sound muted (to prevent annoying beeping when unsigned driver warnings pop up).
2007-09-19 07:23:16 : <KTD>  KTD is enabled, in PATHS mode.
2007-09-19 07:23:25 : <KTD>  Moved drivers inside "C:\D\3" to "C:\WINNT\Drivers\D".
2007-09-19 07:23:29 : <KTD>  Moved drivers inside "C:\D\C" to "C:\WINNT\Drivers\D".
2007-09-19 07:23:29 : <KTD>  Moved drivers inside "C:\D\CPU" to "C:\WINNT\Drivers\D".
2007-09-19 07:23:40 : <KTD>  Moved drivers inside "C:\D\G" to "C:\WINNT\Drivers\D".
2007-09-19 07:23:45 : <KTD>  Moved drivers inside "C:\D\L" to "C:\WINNT\Drivers\D".
2007-09-19 07:23:53 : <KTD>  Moved drivers inside "C:\D\S" to "C:\WINNT\Drivers\D".
2007-09-19 07:23:53 : <KTD>  Successfully created the "%KTD%" environment variable, it has been set to "C:\WINNT\Drivers". It will be available after the next reboot.
2007-09-19 07:23:58 : <KTD>  Successfully updated the DevicePath registry value!
2007-09-19 07:29:47 : <KTD>  Successfully created the .pnf files. KTD has been applied! It will be available after the next reboot.
2007-09-19 07:29:48 : <KTD>  System sound enabled again (mute cancelled).
2007-09-19 07:29:48 : <CLNP> Deleted the DriverPacks, which were located in "C:\D".

Bigfoot, i use sysprep drievr scanner instead of devpath.exe and it runs before the whole sysprep process so my drivers have to stay in the same location (C:\D) If they get moved, it's over.

You can change the OEM info (my computer>properties)with sysprep driver scanner, that's the only reason why I use it.

JakeLD wrote:

Bigfoot, i use sysprep drievr scanner instead of devpath.exe and it runs before the whole sysprep process so my drivers have to stay in the same location (C:\D) If they get moved, it's over.

You can change the OEM info (my computer>properties)with sysprep driver scanner, that's the only reason why I use it.

Hi Jake,

I've been looking into the Sysprep Driver Scanner for some time now.. And was wondering, do you still run DPsFnshr to tidy up during the first boot after imaging?  What steps do you take normally to create an image.  Also been looking into another package I think you use MySysprep?  Looks like it will save me and my collegues some time when it comes to things like computer naming etc..

Rob

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/Av2BDsDf_iiqO8a4dpI49DKicUs_0zEQtEPcTGyCqV4/perpetual:forever/userbar/tester-1.png

On a mission to re-educate users the Clue stick way!