Topic: noob Q or REQ? - 2 diff model ATI / AMD GPU's not in A,B, or C?

Hi,
I have looked thru the supported lists and even the .inf files for 2 different model AMD GPU's that are common models and don't see either. Neither is hot off the presses, nor are they old or quirky models.

I have on-hand my ATI AGP 8x Radeon x1600 graphics card with the following 2 HWID's:
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71C2&SUBSYS_030B1002&REV_00\4&1A99067F&0&0008: Radeon X1600 Series 
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71E2&SUBSYS_030A1002&REV_00\4&1A99067F&0&0108: Radeon X1600 Series Secondary 

On-the-way from newegg I have a Gigabyte mobo with a built-in AMD GPU (IGP) that is parts of the AMD 690G chipset (northbridge) - and docs list it as the AMD x1250 (yes 1250) - but of course I don't have the hardware yet so I don't know it's HWID yet.
But this chipset has been out months now, so surely I'm not the 1st to ask?

I am seeking for XP SP2 x86 (& others (2003, XPx64) if possible)

Am I missing something or are these truly not yet in the driver packs?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: noob Q or REQ? - 2 diff model ATI / AMD GPU's not in A,B, or C?

Your x1600 HWID is supported by the new Catalyst 7.8 as well as the latest G_A 7.08test2 DP using CX_50960.inf
Discussion is here:
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1642

CX_50960.inf
"Radeon X1600 Series " = ati2mtag_RV530, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71C2
"Radeon X1600 Series Secondary " = ati2mtag_RV530, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71E2

Please let us know if this works out for you.

Last edited by mr_smartepants (2007-08-19 07:08:56)

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

I'm not sure on this forum which thread you all should wish I reply in...so here goes

Thx Mr S-P
1st - I tried to download the newer G_B dp set, but the URL came back 403'd (see other thread)

2nd - thanks for the pointer that of my 2 Q's of GPU, one is in the test DP. I know ATI drivers for it have been around since near to 7.0, so I'm guessing the fact it's not in the std DP builds has more to do with the 'dreaded' ATI CCC vs CP debate and the need for .NET at time of CCC install.

To which I have another 'noob here' question: all people say about the .NET requirement is that you can do it at "T-13" and I don't know the slang. 
So where do I find a FAQ about this?

I know the issue is a showstopper / BSOD level failure if not addressed, and both my next install cycles are ATI/AMD GPU of the x1k series, so this can't be a unique thing to need to know, but doing a search on T-13 seemed too broad to help.

And if anyone else knows about the x1250...

Thanks!

timeline events during setup are not fully documented anywhere I looked, and the best I found was at MSFN.org
http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.x … d36930878/

I tried to fill in the timeline gaps because I got curious, and got zilch.

(a long list of nvidia downloads and descriptions was here)

Last edited by Jaak (2007-09-08 01:27:36)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I think that a true unified driver is not going to happen.
I do not have the magic in me, but the latest Nvidia could purportedly have us reduce the set by a few folders.

(note; I downloaded all that stuff because I wanted to look/compare what DriverPacks has with what that stuff has in it.)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak, I think you mis-posted the above to a wrong thread.

Your notes are on Nvidia drivers and my q's were exclusively with ATI/AMD and the ensuing issues with CCC and .NET.

If your comments were to relay to me that there are .NET and such requirements prior to installing ATI GPU's that can only use CCC , then I know a little about that and thus my question was about getting a clue on what T-13 is/meant and and how DP's are being used by those mentioning such.

Thanks