Topic: [IMPL] Open source (BSD) C-Media 8738/8768 WDM drivers

Just discovered this website:

http://cmediadrivers.googlepages.com/

This project aims at developing drivers for C-Media 8738 / 8768 based soundcards, focusing on providing a bloat-free, stable and reliable alternative to the official drivers in order to squeeze the most out of the hardware.

A PCI soundcard with a C-Media chip and Windows 2000/XP/Vista are required to run this driver. Due to arbitrary driver signing restrictions, the 64 bit version of Windows Vista is currently not supported although there's a workaround for installing and running the driver. However, they're fully compatible with the 64 bit version of XP and the 32 bit versions of every aforementioned OS.

I hope someone is interested in collaborating with the author to improve them...
I also hope it could be the 1st step to have more open source drivers here...
Last but not least check out my 3ad @ ROS forum

Hope that helps !

Marco Ravich
--
>>Forward Agency
In progress we (always) trust.

Re: [IMPL] Open source (BSD) C-Media 8738/8768 WDM drivers

For those who are interested in, here's what the Echo Digital Audio Corporation' Software Developer Page claims:

Interested in writing your own driver for Echo’s hardware? Then you need the generic driver code. This is the cross-platform C++ library used for our Windows and Mac PCI and Cardbus drivers.

Source code is provided under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.

Marco Ravich
--
>>Forward Agency

I did integrate the driver in the test pack and did the necessary changes.

Test it and let me know, great suggestion btw thx again.

After some licensing discussion, drivers now included in ReactOS !!!  lol

0.3.3 changelog -Audio Stack
* Port Class (PORTCLS): Minor adjustments so that this now compiles without error. A lot of work still needed (Andrew Greenwood)
*  Kernel Streaming (KS): Again, minor adjustments to KS itself and its headers (Andrew Greenwood)
* Drivers: NT4 style drivers now deprecated, WDM-style drivers to be used instead (Andrew Greenwood)
Magnus Olsen has also imported some open-source C-Media WDM audio drivers (these do not compile for us yet)
* Legacy support: Removed WDMAUD.DRV (pending a rewrite) and also begun clean rewrite of MMDRV.DLL (Andrew Greenwood)

Maybe my "fault" ?  cool

Last edited by forart.it (2007-09-14 18:53:18)

Marco Ravich
--
>>Forward Agency