Topic: [REQ] old ATI drivers not yet covered by DriverPack Graphics B

I have an older ATI RAGE 2x graphics card, that is not covered by DriverPack Graphics B

It would be great, if these drivers will be added to folder "A\3"

Get the XP drivers and infs here:
http://home.arcor.de/dangerfreak2/atirage_apg2x.rar

Thank you!

Last edited by dangerfreak (2007-06-07 09:10:43)

Re: [REQ] old ATI drivers not yet covered by DriverPack Graphics B

Is this driver included in any of these?:

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/legacy-xp.html

The reason I'm asking is because we actually prefer drivers coming from the official page for numerous reasons (mainly that being final).

It is the same package, as the second set "Rage Pro" (8.19MB - 5.10.2600.6010) included in the "\ATIDrive" folder of the downloadable exe.

Hi
yesterday, I downloaded these three ATI legacy packs, (and yours, to doublecheck), and scanned the existing releases for Graphics A, B and C against one of the supported HWIDs found in this rage-Pro driver, and I got nada, zip, zero.

This means that our packs do not have this driver. (actually, that the HWID I looked for was not supported)
I wanted to let you know I already did this.
I will hand this over to muiz, tho, for I still have to learn about ATI and CCC, and I do not want to mess this up.

FWIW, it looks like this old driver will have to be in a new folder, unless our newer driver can support the "unsupported" HWIDs.

Last edited by jtdoom (2007-06-08 05:45:36)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Just FYI, jaak, the legacy drivers do not use the CCC at all but merely the CP (and probabaly an outdated version of that, too).

It would indeed have to go into a seperate folder, IMO, and should definately NOT be in DriverPack Graphics A (they aren't going to get updated anyway, hence legacy...).

I've been trying to deploy Windows 2000 with ATI Rage 128 Pro cards and have been getting blue screens, may have something to do with this problem, I'm not sure.. I'll find out the HWID and post back either today or next week.

Hi
@ Helmi, thanks.
I guess Graphics C will see an update.
G_C also has old NVidia TNT, so why not include these old ATI?

I will start work on this tonight

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Thanks guys.
The CP is IMHO not really necessary. Everything above 640x480 with more than 8 colors is very appreciated wink

I'll cull the fonts then, 16 colors and no more.. LOL

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Just received a blue screen with a Rage 128 card in a machine. Is there anything I can use as a workaround until this is fixed? Or is there a spot where I can download the previous version of Driverpack Graphics B?

EDIT: Blue screen information

STOP: C0000263 {Driver entry point not found}

The \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\ati2mtaa.sys device driver could not locate the entry point VideoPortAllocateCommonBuffer in driver Videoprt.sys.

HWID for video card is:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5046&&SUBSYS_00081002&REV_00

Last edited by ristech (2007-06-12 03:46:22)

The driver you posted here is older then the one we are using?

09/26/2001 is the one we use , 04/09/2001, this is yours?

And in both drivers there is no : PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5046&&SUBSYS_00081002&REV_00

EDIT:
After  looking closer to these drivers, not even the same driver.

EDIT2:
I looked at the ATI site , and saw we dont have all drivers, we are missing the Rage XL and Rage PRO drivers.
I included these 2 now.

-G\A\B ATI Rage PRO 02/28/2002, 5.10.2600.6010 (Muiz)
-G\A\C ATI Rage XL 12/28/2001, 5.10.2600.6009(Muiz)

Test pack : http://rapidshare.com/files/36647317/DP … st.7z.html

thanks

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Just slipstreamed that test pack into my install and tried it out.. doesn't work. I still get the same blue screen halting my installation. I deleted the old QSC and still doesn't help.

EDIT:

Setupapi.log

Searching for hardware ID(s): pci\ven_1002&dev_524c&subsys_00081002&rev_00,pci\ven_1002&dev_524c&subsys_00081002,pci\ven_1002&dev_524c&cc_030000,pci\ven_1002&dev_524c&cc_0300
Searching for compatible ID(s): pci\ven_1002&dev_524c&rev_00,pci\ven_1002&dev_524c,pci\ven_1002&cc_030000,pci\ven_1002&cc_0300,pci\ven_1002,pci\cc_030000,pci\cc_0300
Enumerating files C:\WINNT\inf\*.inf
Found PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_524C in C:\WINNT\inf\display.inf; Device: ATI Technologies Inc. RAGE 128 VR AGP; Driver: ATI Technologies Inc. RAGE 128 VR AGP; Provider: Microsoft; Mfg: ATI Technologies Inc.; Section: ati2mpaa
Decorated section name: ati2mpaa
Enumerating files C:\D\G\A\3\*.inf
The file (C:\D\G\A\3\atiixpaa.inf) is not digitally signed, ignoring driver date.
Found PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_524C&SUBSYS_00081002 in C:\D\G\A\3\atiixpaa.inf; Device: Xpert 99/Xpert 2000; Driver: Xpert 99/Xpert 2000; Provider: ATI Technologies Inc.; Mfg: ATI Technologies Inc.; Section: ati2mtaa
Decorated section name: ati2mtaa
Device install function: DIF_SELECTBESTCOMPATDRV.
Selected driver installs from section ati2mtaa in c:\d\g\a\3\atiixpaa.inf.
Changed class GUID of device to {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Set selected driver.
Selected best compatible driver.
Doing copy-only install of PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_524C&SUBSYS_00081002&REV_00\4&5F3FF6B&0&0008.
An unsigned or incorrectly signed driver (c:\d\g\a\3\atiixpaa.inf) was installed for Xpert 99/Xpert 2000. Error 0x800b0003: The form specified for the subject is not one supported or known by the specified trust provider.

The last line continues through the log for each incorrect INF file that it installs.

Last edited by ristech (2007-06-15 01:12:00)

Just a quick shot, did you disable the requirement of signed drivers or not?
I'm not sure how setup will behave if still left enabled and you try to install an unsigned one because, naturally, all drivers shipping on the XPCD are signed so this is unforseen behaviour...

Personally, I always disable it.
Either the latest driver I need is signed, then that's fine.
But if it is not, what other choice do I have?

Most companies seem to be too lazy or broke to get their drivers signed so disabling the check saves you some troubles.
OTOH, I have also seen machines go BSOD with all-signed drivers so it doesn't really help making your system more stable at all hmm

I have disabled the requirement of signed drivers in my answer file:

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Also I'm using Windows 2000 so signed drivers shouldn't really be an issue.

Is there anything I can try so I can get it to work? Or are drivers missing in the pack?

tried today on an old rage card, works fine for me.
bad mem maybe?

Hmmm thats always a possibility.. I'll swap sticks and try again to see if that solves the problem. What Rage card did you use?

EDIT: Swapped memory, still get errors. Used a Rage 128 Pro card instead of a regular Rage 128 and didn't work. Used a different machine and didn't work.

Last edited by ristech (2007-06-16 00:07:57)

I don't get this

when Base slipstreamed a source, and you make a setup disc from that, it uses the "disabler" so you should not have an issue.
In my winnt.sif, I do not use "ignore."

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Hi
when I said, "I don't get this" I meant I don't understand why it is an issue..

A couple hours later, I had to do a system and since I did not have that particular windows version slipstreamed yet, I made a DVD.

RVM slipped Sp2 into it, and then the april hotfixpack. (doing a Dutch Home Edition.)
Then Base with all current releases, and setup was launched..
I got a popup when sigmatel HDaudio driver got loaded, and later on (after restart into GUI) another popup on top of Finisher for hardware that got detected while Finisher was running.

The machine will be picked up soon, and I can not afford to hold it back now.
(Now that I finally decided to sell it..)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Hang on, uses the "disabler"? Here's what I have done:

I use RIS for deploying images and I have these driver packs integrated into my existing image.. I did not integrate them first then make an image out of it. This is why my answer file has DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore , and NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore. What can I do?