Topic: [REQ] Via HyperionPro 5.12a

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?Pa … CatID=1070

Also contains V_RAID V5.50B and Via IDE Falcon Storage device driver V2.10a for your Mass storage pack.  There are also updated MiniIDE drivers too compared to Mass storage pack 7.05.  There are no more "Via PATA/SATA IDE drivers" any more; replaced by Via Falcon.

That's all I know right now.

Edit: Quote from Readme file

VIA Falcon IDE device driver package is a setup package for user to install VIA IDE controllers and it is composed of MiniIDE driver and SATAIDE driver both. MiniIDE driver is in charge of PATA controller. Oppositely SATAIDE driver manages SATA controller.

Hope that helps the confusion out.

Edit:2 the viamach.inf and agp inf were not updated so I guess this might need to be moved to the mass storage section.

Last edited by Ton80 (2007-05-30 20:24:14)

Re: [REQ] Via HyperionPro 5.12a

http://drivers.viaarena.com/VIA_HyperionPro_V512A.zip

@ helmi or Muiz

the viamach.inf and agp inf were not updated so I guess this might need to be moved to the mass storage section.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

jtdoom wrote:

@ helmi or Muiz

the viamach.inf and agp inf were not updated so I guess this might need to be moved to the mass storage section.

Done.

So I'm assumming that this and future Via driver updates will not be implemented?

Hi
ViamRAID was updated not too long ago and is current.

MiniIDE and ViPrt are bus extenders.
The VminiIDE driver you posted about drops support for older chips.
(so, while I did find it in mass storage, I did not update it)
The ViPrt for SATA was not part of Chipsets nor Mass storage, and can be added, I guess.

I doubt that MiniIDE and ViPrt are essential for TXTmode to see the drives.
We can include ViPrt, I guess..

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Well I just thought that these would be included so that the windows install would be correct in Device Manager without having to run the current Hyperion right after a windows reinstall.  I'll just have to remember to do that from now on. Thx for response.

Ton80 wrote:

[...]so that the windows install would be correct in Device Manager without having to run the current Hyperion right after a windows reinstall

Err, pardon me but what do you mean by "being correct"?
If you are worried about having the latest drivers, if I understand Jaak correctly, there has nothing been updated in that regard.
Are there actually devices missing (yellow !) in your device manager or what exactly is the real problem?

Via has changed the way the SATAIDE (NON-RAID) and PATAIDE stuff is now installed. They are now separate drivers. They were, as best as I could tell, combined in older versions and Via RAID was separate. Now MiniIDE folder is the PATA side of things and SATAIDE folder is the SATA. 
No, I don't get any yellow exclamations with pack as is but I have to run the hyperion512 after windows is reinstalled and finished to get the current setup correct.

At least I can throw out the floppy drive now if I want to using the pack and text-mode. big_smile

Thx for you alls hard work.

Via sata port bus extender gets implemented.

MiniIDE was already implemented.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Ton80 wrote:

No, I don't get any yellow exclamations with pack as is but I have to run the hyperion512 after windows is reinstalled and finished to get the current setup correct.

Yeah, but what does that mean, exactly?

I think, either it works or it does not work.
No yellow exclamation marks usually mean the driver's been installed properly and the device should hence work as expected...

Hi,

i use the last DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_7064 but when i launch the slipstream (in my case with BartePe) i look inside the MassStorage.infi and i didn't find any "ViBus", "VIA SATA IDE Device Drive" entries in this files.

If i remove
ms_1_exc_disableIfOS= "w2k"
ms_1_exc_skipIfOS = "wxp,w2k3"
from
"DriverPack_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32.ini"

then the "ViBus", "VIA SATA IDE Device Drive" entries  appear in "MassStorage.inf".

Is there any problem ?

Thanks a lot for your work

Up ?

psychoboust,

If you need to use that driver, I would just change "ms_1_exc_skipIfOS = "wxp,w2k3"" to either "ms_1_exc_skipIfOS = "w2k3"", if you're using it for Windows XP, or to "ms_1_exc_skipIfOS = "wxp"", if you're installing it for Windows Server 2003.  If you're installing it for Windows 2000, just remove "ms_1_exc_disableIfOS= "w2k"" completely, but leave the other line in.

jtdoom or Helmi, please confirm whether this is the right thing to do.  Thanks.

Last edited by Echo_Platoon (2007-07-03 01:35:08)

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5ocSdUxUxrK5g8rfTm7_39bPWgBMWiteXNH4McROrNw/perpetual:forever/userbar/mainteam-1.png

one can use ; to comment it out too

[V-4]
ms_count=1
ms_1_deviceName="VIA SATA IDE Device Driver"
ms_1_tag="ViBus"
ms_1_sysFile="ViBus.sys"
ms_1_hwids="PCI\VEN_ bla bla C_0101"
ms_1_isBusExtender=true
ms_1_exc_disableIfOS="w2k"
; ms_1_exc_skipIfOS="wxp,w2k3"

erm, when I did the TXT cleanup (removing all tabs and spaces) I did that to make it easily seen wether there was a carriage return where it did harm.
well, I just saw one just before "PCI\VEN_ bla bla C_0101" sad

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

quick note, this driver is most likely not critical during setup (as in; hard-drive not found), but the error must be fixed.

I'll do a silent NON-version change upload.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

5.13a is out

DL: http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/via_hype … _v513a.zip
INFO: http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?Pa … CatID=1070

Old version.....

Closed.