Topic: DriverPacks 612.exe

As you know I am a newbie and have ask a few questions on how to use DriverPacks and I want to thank all of you for the work that you've done trouble is I can't seem to make anthing work right.

I use nlite to slipstream my XP-Pro with and I install SP2 plus Ryam's hotfixes and a few other program I needed, then removed keys boards plus language sence I don't need them.

I then download the DriverPacks I need from DriverPacks DriverPacks and put them into DriverPacks 612.exe then tell DriverPacks to install them into the XP-Cd it says that it has done so. I the go back to nlite and finish setting up untended part then tell nlite to make iso.

I burn the iso and guess what, none of the drivers that I have install with DriverPacks are installed. My raid drivers. nvidia nforce 2 drivers ,usb drivers sounddrivers nothing at
all is installed.

My Motherboard is a NVIDIA nForce2 ULTRA 400. AMD Sempron (tm) 2400+ 1.66GHz,
100GB 0f Ram. I go to C Drive and I find DriverPacks and it says it can't install because it can't find drivers or files. anyone knows what's wrong? I am going to do another
nlite and reinstall and will be sure to send what DriverPacks says if it doesn't  install the drivers for me this time.

Re: DriverPacks 612.exe

NLite needs to be executed before applying thr DriverPacks and must not be touched afterwards!
That's right, slipstreaming the DriverPacks should be the very last step before creating the ISO.

What I'm doing is, finishing all the tasks with nLite except from creating the ISO.
Since version 1.2 or so you can no longer open a once-nlited directory again so I leave nLite open on the ISO creation side, minimize the window, slipstream the DriverPacks, then go back to nLite solely to create the ISO.

Before 1.2 I would simply restart nLite, select my XPCD dir and perform ISO creation as the only task.
No idea why that got changed, though...

Have you tried 1.3RC

I didn't know there was a problem when just using Nlite to create the ISO
Found the ISO creation part handy as it handles the boot sector etc.

BigBrit wrote:

Have you tried 1.3RC

Currently using that however I did not dare closing it in fear of having to go through all of it again (nLite takes a lot of more time than the DriverPacks do, all that re-cabbing etc...)

I didn't know there was a problem when just using Nlite to create the ISO
Found the ISO creation part handy as it handles the boot sector etc.

There's no problem, it will work just fine if you remember my tips wink

In fact, the auto inclusion of the boot image is one of the reasons I'm using it myself.
I was using CDImage before but that was very crash-prone sad

I could do it manuallay with Nero or CDRgold but I', too lazy for that ;p

If I get time tomorrow I will try Nlite 1.3RC and close it and then re-open it

What problems were you getting ????

BigBrit wrote:

What problems were you getting ????

As I wrote before, once you touch the XPCD folder with nLite, it will not allow you to do consequtive changes to that folder (even something as creating an ISO out of it) as the path will no loner be rockognized a valid source.
This is not a bug, though, but by design (you get a warning message).

While I have no problem with a warning per se (you know, to keep the newbs from wondering what they broke) it's pretty bad there's no override.
Or at least there was not when I tested it last.

If you volunteer to try it out, you're most welcome big_smile

Using my XP Pro Select with SP2 integrated.

Used Nlite 1.3RC - Integrated RyanVM 2.15a and other add-ins.
Closed Nlite
Opened Nlite (clicked the 2 opposite blue "Refresh" arrows at the side of Path)
Did some mods and created an ISO of that.
Burnt ISO to CD.
Ran Base 6.12 (7.01.1 has a problem)
Open Nlite (did the "Refresh") and created an ISO.
Burnt DVD and installed on my Test Rig, all went well.

Let me know if you did anything differently.

p.s. 7.01.1 ran in 38 secs - 6.12 takes 2:37 and works, don't know what happened there.

p.s. 7.01.1 ran in 38 secs - 6.12 takes 2:37 and works, don't know what happened there

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1128

Next time please do a search first.

Last edited by muiz3 (2007-01-12 20:47:46)